pc format look at gp4

Posted by LS. 
pc format look at gp4
Date: June 07, 2002 12:21AM
Posted by: LS.
As we approach the venue, there's no mistaking the sound: something between an angry hornet and an F-14 fighter jet is doing its best to leave the confines of its imposed incarceration. But instead of a race track, we've been summoned to a small room in Hammersmith, thousands of miles from the glamour of the Formula 1 circus as it starts its 2002 tour in Melbourne. Not disheartened by the fact that we're not soaking up the antipodean sunshine, we're here to play Geoff Crammond's latest opus, Grand Prix 4.

As you're no doubt aware, when it comes to Formula 1 games on the PC, Crammond is the only name in the worn-out pole position metaphor. But no matter what the quality of the quips, they're well deserved. With Grand Prix 3 having completed its victory lap with the release of Season 2000 just over eight months ago, the team is hurriedly putting the final tweaks to Grand Prix 4.

Scheduled for release at the end of May, GP4 is the first full Geoff Crammond game to be released by Infogrames. Fans worried that the change in publisher will result in the bastardisation of the franchise can rest easy. Crammond is still heavily involved with the development and is, as ever, responsible for the core design of the game engine. We're further assured by Nick Court, studio head at Microprose: "We see each iteration of the Grand Prix series as an evolution, not a revolution." A clichŽ, but heartening.

WHAT

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: pc format look at gp4
Date: June 07, 2002 02:29AM
Posted by: chris
cool.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 07, 2002 03:14AM
Posted by: Beardless2
wicked

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: June 07, 2002 04:04AM
Posted by: pikflo_MHrulz
amazing
Date: June 07, 2002 05:53AM
Posted by: Marki
fantastic
Date: June 07, 2002 07:14AM
Posted by: Zcott
Date: June 07, 2002 08:48AM
Posted by: Beardless2
awsome

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: June 07, 2002 09:13AM
Posted by: Glyn
excellent

Date: June 07, 2002 09:19AM
Sophisticated.
Date: June 07, 2002 12:47PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Welcome to Jazz Club.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 07, 2002 02:30PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
impressive.

Date: June 07, 2002 02:33PM
Posted by: Ellis
ermmm............amazing? No thats been done....impressive?nope....erm....great? Yup :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 07, 2002 04:47PM
Posted by: LS.
Welcome to Jazz Club.

LOL!!!

nice ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 07, 2002 05:05PM
Posted by: matthewp
lol alex!

welcome to jazz club, great
Date: June 07, 2002 07:46PM
LOL. Jazz Club always cracked me up, because it was so hilarious. I'm a bit of a jazz man (I play in a big band), and a lot of it is just so true! It never ceases to make me laugh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy