Big GP4 review in German
Date: June 04, 2002 07:00AM
Posted by: Zcott
...so I don't understand a word of it! :((

[alphaf1.m4driving.sm]
Re: Big GP4 review in German
Date: June 04, 2002 08:20AM
Posted by: chris
Me neither, but GP4 got 88%. And f1 2002 got 1/2 a wheel more on physics....I think

From the pics, gp4 looked more impressive, I'm VERY excited

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 04, 2002 10:00AM
Posted by: marcvb
I'm sooooooo excited about GP4!!!!
Before I was gonna buy F1 2002 instead of GP4 coz I was angry at GEOFF for leaving out some features!
But now, the graphics seem amazing! I can't wait!!!!

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: June 05, 2002 08:00AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Nothing really exciting there. I sim-read it, they say f1 2002 is better than gp4, although they say gp4's graphics are slightly better and it loses out on playability and AI. But i think they will be proved wrong!

As for the pics, all look good apart from that really shitty pit-man graphics :S

Date: June 05, 2002 09:14AM
Posted by: Muttley
was going 2 say about that pit man - if you saw motion captured people like that in a FIFA game or a FPS shooter there would be an uproar! it looks totally @!#$, hope the main pitcrew look better!! They better do - F1 racing championship by Ubisoft (about 4 years old) had a more convincing pitman than GP4!
Date: June 05, 2002 09:32AM
Check out the damage modelling on that arrows!! Its absolute amazing.

Date: June 05, 2002 11:22AM
Posted by: Ellis
lol, that pit man is terrible!! GP3 is better than that....hell GP2 is better than that!!

Sorry qwerty, but thats not damge on the arrows, thats reflection of the track, look closer

Notice how theres some odd colour effects on the side pod,. and the same on the bradge board, and behind the bardge board?

Must be reflection :(

I have an odd feeling that GP4s damage model will be the same as GP3s really....which isnt bad since GP3s was really good compared with the likes of F1 2001 where rear wings fly off at the slightest touch

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2002 12:17PM
Yeah, that would be cool, like Alex said - when you slide along a wall the wheel should "crumple" (i think was the word he used), that would be very impressive

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2002 12:59PM
hmmmm...maybe your right, but I can't tell. It does look crumpled in places, and I can't see what it could be reflecting.

Chris J

Date: June 05, 2002 01:10PM

hmmm...hard to tell cos of the way its reflecting. Im pretty sure that the colours are from reflection...

look closely, you can make out tress (dark green) and grass (lighter green) and above that sky (blue)

Date: June 05, 2002 02:01PM
Posted by: Vader
This was another point they critizised: GP4 has TOO much reflection and TOO much smoke effects. However, these graphical options are adjustable, so you just have to reduce the amount of reflection. All in all they said F1 2002 textures do look more dirty and thus more realistic than GP4 almost plastic-like appearance.

GP4 = 88%
F1 2002 = 89 %.

This does not say much, besides we are not going to play the out-of-box-game anyway. I think the fact that F1 2002 as got 2002 license and GP4 only that of 2000 has made more than one point difference in their ranking. I still trust in GC to make the ultimate sim. Don't forget: Nothing gets closer. If not, don't blame me.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 05, 2002 02:03PM
Posted by: Zcott
Well, the little flip-up before the rear wheels is nowhere near straight-looking. Or even mildly curved. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it *is* crumpled! If that was all straight, it would be a pretty clear reflection, but look around the start of the sidepod - it's all over the show! If it *is* crumpled, then I'm incredibly impressed...!
Date: June 05, 2002 02:19PM
but look upside the roll hope -it also has the same "damage" effect as what ur seeing down below, how did that get damged?

There is too much reflection there, true

"TOO much smoke effects"

well i dont think GP3 had enough personally, so lets see

Date: June 05, 2002 03:17PM
Posted by: _Alex_
GP4 has TOO much reflection and TOO much smoke effects

Cuh! All this criticism from you guys has made the poor man go and over-do it!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 05, 2002 03:22PM
LOL :P

Date: June 05, 2002 04:23PM
Posted by: LS.
i hope geoff has included bernie ecclestone milling around the grid before the start of race, or i'm not buying it

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 06, 2002 01:03AM
lol, what does bernie really do on the grid anyway?

Date: June 06, 2002 04:31AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Admires what is his to admire.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 06, 2002 05:41AM
I've been trying to use google to translate the page, but I can't. Anyone else know somewhere that does it?

Chris J

Date: June 06, 2002 08:25AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ill do it for you if you really want :S, believe me, its not that interesting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy