Gravel Traps

Posted by Glyn 
Gravel Traps
Date: June 02, 2002 01:27PM
Posted by: Glyn
One feature that I have yet to see in an F1 game is getting stuck in gravel traps. Its a feature that would add extra realism to a game, and probably be rather simple to code too.

Now some people might be saying this would destroy gameplay, but it wouldnt if the feature could be enabled or disabled. The hardcore fans who want every last drop of realism could turn it on, while the people who want a quick race could leave it off so they can drive out of them.

Geoff, if your reading, GP5 please :)

Re: Gravel Traps
Date: June 02, 2002 01:31PM
Posted by: LS.
surely these great fellows that hack gp3/2000 and change the grip levels and physics could alter the calcualtions for the gravel

maybe they have not thought about it yet?

maybe a email to them asking them could prove fruitful

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 02, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
It happens in some gravel traps in GPL

Date: June 03, 2002 03:33AM
Posted by: Glyn
Hmm, I might just email them... it could well be possible.

But the thing is, F1 cars can sometimes go through gravel traps, and drive out of them. Thats the bit I think would have to be coded into the game.

Date: June 03, 2002 04:06AM
Posted by: chris
You do see some CC cars getting stuck, I was just doing 100% Silverstone race, and MS was just ahead, and looked like he slipped on EI's oil...back wheels spun the car round into the gravel...didnt get out.
Not very characteristic of Godlike MS ;)

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy