F1 2002 - X Box

Posted by Ellis 
F1 2002 - X Box
Date: May 17, 2002 02:07AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Anyone else played it?

It was setup in my local Virgin MegaStores so to see what it was like i had a go.

OMG how BAD is this game? Anyone have F1 99? The handeling is worse than that!! Its so horrible to drive!! Also The damage is unrealistic. In the McLaren i ran into the back on a Jag slowing for turn 2 Germany and his rear wing went flying whislt there was only a small bend in my front wing. Also, Hockenhiem is wrong, when the 2002 F1 season gets there the track will be shorter, and they have the longer version in F1 2002, same with the Nurburgring.

The car handeling is simply horrible. You turn in, the car doesnt seem to react for bout 0.25 - 0.5 seconds, then turns in sharply and becomes very very twichy. This is really horrible at high speed. I also seen a Minardi silpstream and pass Rubens Barrichello. I was wondering what that was all about. When you go off you get dirt on the tyres. Nice idea, if they implimeted it properly that is. You get some green stuff on the tyres which doesnt resemble grass in any way shape or forum, it looks like netting gone wrong. The rear tyres clean up in a stright line, but you have to come to a corner for the fronts to clean up. Work that one out please?

You have to unlock tracks too >:(

Everything right down to the menus in this game sucks, the whole thing. I played this and project gotham racing. F1 2002 graphics are good but the X-Box is capable of MUCH better than what this game has produced. The controls are odd. You use R to accelerate and L to brake whcih was something new.

There are lots of errors in track edtail. Especially in hockenheim where it was actually hard to recognise it as hockenhiem.

This game is BAD and should be avoided at all costs!!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: F1 2002 - X Box
Date: May 17, 2002 02:44AM
Posted by: LS.
yeah i played it too mate, its part of a demo disk in the xbox with other games on it, i played the spa circuit and that was really badly made,

i got the impression that the driving model was switched to arcade rather than simulation, and the only good things i can remember about it were the cockpit shape ( the mclaren was really acurrate) and the arms on the steering wheel

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 17, 2002 07:33AM
Posted by: Xero
YAY!!! 2 good things from this;

1. EA made a flop F1 game!
2. It was for XBox!

Ellis, is it the Virgin megastore in the Wellgate? I have to see this for myself!! I'm actually surprised!! I really liked f12001 for the PS2... but the way you described it, it looks as if it's a completely new game!

Date: May 17, 2002 10:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
NOOOOOOOO IT CANT BE WORSE THAN F1 99, please god no, thats a crime to humanity (sp?) arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh

Date: May 17, 2002 02:29PM
yo Sup

Yeah Xero, the one in the Wellgate. Its the one in front of you when you come in to the store. The one on the other side used to have a GameCube set up. It was taken out tho, probably cos everyone hated it

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 17, 2002 03:04PM
probably cos everyone hated it

LOL @ ellis

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 17, 2002 03:36PM
yo sup

Well be realistc. Its crap

For £150 you get a console which ONLY plays games

The out-of-the-box version wont play DVDs, CDs, etc. It supports BROADBAND gaming only, but through Nintendos servers, which arent up and running yet. It is using a modified N64 graphics engine, which means cartoons again.

Its "special DVDs" made by panisonic wont be released as blanks, and are slower and hold less data than the regualr PS2/X-Box DVDs

The joypad is HORRIBLE! And its main game is "Luigis Manshion"

Well if theres one sure way of getting rid of all gamers over the age of 10, its making yet another Mario game. Even the name........GameCube sounds stupid.

Its going to be a failure. We already know the PS2 is selling out the X-Box, and so far, the GameCube aint doing that great even tho its £50 cheaper.

Looks like its -

Sony 2 - 0 Nintendo

Date: May 17, 2002 03:43PM
Posted by: chris
I think your being a bit harsh.

Nintendo know that the older gamers grew up with nintendo and ps1 - and they know ps1 is the king there. So by default we would go for sony again, or microsoft because we all have pcs.

So there's just one console market left; the young'uns. So that's what they aimed at (see low price and 'cartoony graphics';) its simple.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 17, 2002 03:56PM
yo Sup

I dont think consoles themselves are aimed at ages groups, more the games that are developed. See, even if people do like it, the aim is to outsell the others isnt it? Sales figures show the truth on who beat who. As far as Nintentdo are concerned, the N64 failed, it was compleatly destroyed by the PSX.

It looks like the same is gona happen here with the 'Cube' and the PS2. Even the name sounds better..........PS2. By looking at them, which would you rather have sitting on your desk beside you TV? The black, stylish PS2, or the Cubic, normally purple thing? I know which i would choose

I didnt ask if you wanted the X-Box on you desk cos im sure it wont fit its so big!! Unless your desk is a flatbed that is

Date: May 17, 2002 04:25PM
Posted by: Xero
lol @ Ellis!!!!! And you 100% right!!! But I thought u were slightly strong on the Cube... I think it'll do better than XBox!!

Date: May 17, 2002 04:30PM
yo Sup

hmmm....that will be close

PS2 has already won, we all know that. Im not sure who'll be second.

Sega isnt in the race, they joined up with Nintendo. the new Sonis game is a joke, the graphics resemble the orgional crash bandicoot graphics for the PSX! I expected MUCH better when two companies like Nintendo and Srga wor together. Two mega companies and they produce this? That must be a joke.

Anyone seen the Burnout Port to the GameCube? That doesnt look hugly impressive either :S

Date: May 17, 2002 04:45PM
PS2 has already won, we all know that

Hmmmm?

not so surea bout that mate, i have played on all 3 and IMHO the PS2 is the worst one,

it's all too easy to judge the game cube and x-box at its current stage, but the playstation has been out a while,

wait til the showcase games come out for x-box and gamecube,

halo in particular looks tasty :-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 17, 2002 05:14PM
Yo Sup

But if you look at the GameCube you can clearly see its just a slightly souped graphics engine from the 64. Its horrible to play!!

Racing games didnt work on the 64, actaully nothing much worked on it, the best was platformers. And this was cos of the graphics engine. can u imagine an f1 game with thse cartoon graphics again? I mean, the racing games for the 64 were a joke and all cos of that crappy graphics engien which limited it soooo much. then look at the graphics of CMR2 on the PSX! Thats amzing for an old out-dated machine. It pushed the PSX to the limit, same with Gran Turismo 2!!

halo looked good, till i heard the news that mircosoft bought out the company developing it, therefore they will charge you @!#$ loads of £££ for it and then disappoint you with a buggy game.

I personally think the PS2 is the best of the current 3. Sega gave up cos they knew they would get the floor wiped with them, so they of course joined nintendo, who im sure wanted the extra experience to try and beat Sony

What amazed me is that before the PSX/64 were out, Nintendo and Sony were working togther on a console, then they split, and went in two very different directions. And even with nintendos huge ammount of experience Sony still beat them with there first attempt.

Thats pretty impressive

Date: May 18, 2002 03:04AM
"The black, stylish PS2"

err, stylish? Its ugly as hell! All this crappy black plastic all over the place...same with xbox.

"See, even if people do like it, the aim is to outsell the others isnt it? Sales figures show the truth on who beat who"

That is the aim, but not if that market is close to saturation...too many consoles. I honestly think the styling, the cartoony graphics and lower price mean they're aiming at 10 yr olds. They can't win above that age...PS2's been out for ages, and we all know its pretty good.

I think the gamecube looks really good, very small and compact. I'd prefer that on my desk, cos then I could still have enough space for cd player.

Chris J

Date: May 18, 2002 11:05AM
Posted by: _Alex_
err, stylish? Its ugly as hell! All this crappy black plastic all over the place...same with xbox

I'm with Ellis on this one. The PS2 looks fantastic. The black colour, and sleek, sharp-edged styling make it subtle enough to be able to keep in a living room, while still looking cool at the same time.

can u imagine an f1 game with thse cartoon graphics again?

Yup, F1 World GP - what a joke! Nintendo's best efforts look somewhat pathetic compared to the Playstation's GT2. And some ppl still argue in favour of the N64!?

And as for the GameCube, I'm in no position to judge, because I haven't played it, but I have seen it, and it wasn't much to my liking. From what I've heard I've formed a negative opinion, given that the majority of ppl who have played it seem to say it's for 12 year olds, the controller is hideous, there aren't nearly enough features...etc.

I honestly think the styling, the cartoony graphics and lower price mean they're aiming at 10 yr olds

That will eventually turn out to be their greatest blunder. The truth is, the majority of the gaming market are above 12 years old, so they've rather shot themselves in the feet by aiming it at youngsters I think. Maybe the sales figures will prove me wrong, but it's not yet looking that way.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 18, 2002 01:09PM
Also they do have the disadvantage of being the last to release their product.

Chris J

Date: May 18, 2002 01:18PM
i say judge them again in 6 months time, by then the games that will show off its true potential will out and then we'll get a better idea of who's the king of the crop,

personally i think gp4 will be shite on xbox

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 18, 2002 02:29PM
Yo Sup

Take a screenshot, me and Alex agree!! ;) (j/k)

The Cube comes in several colours. You can have blaack or purple. Or you can pay extra to get more!

"Also they do have the disadvantage of being the last to release their product."

Id say thats and advantage. Song and M$ have played there cards, Nintendo got to wait to see what they could come up with.

Date: May 18, 2002 03:34PM
Yo Sup

Opps, i ment sony and M$

Date: May 18, 2002 03:43PM
I disagree. If you want the same market as MS and Sony, (which they might do) then there's only a limited number of buyers. If you release a product earlier than your competitors and it is at least as good, then more will buy it, cos its been around longer. Also when ps2 came out people said "I want that" not "nah, I'll wait two years and see what the competition offer".

Chris J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy