F1-2002 Demo.

Posted by Pinguin-Qc 
Re: F1-2002 Demo.
Date: May 23, 2002 12:29PM
Posted by: Glyn
One thing I did notice with the F1 2002 demo though is that it is impossible to drive 10 fast laps and keep your car on the same racing line. Driving consistantly is very difficult, in GP3 its easier, and therefore more realistic.

Date: May 23, 2002 12:40PM
Posted by: matthewp
why is that more realistic? maybe you just not driving very well :-)
only joking
Date: May 23, 2002 01:15PM
Posted by: chris
The performance of the tyres drops off, but at the same time you have less weight due to fuel every lap, so your times should be constant. Since my pc cant run f1 2002, I don't know about that, but gp3 seems realistic to me.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 23, 2002 02:32PM
i'd say neither are realistic in this area, in real life the fastest laps of the race are usually done during the last few laps before a pitstop because of the lighter fuel load but in F1 2001 and GP3 tyre wear is too high and after the first few laps of a stint your tyres are past thier best (i've heard this is improved in GP3 2000 but I haven't played it so I don't know)
Date: May 25, 2002 04:21PM
Posted by: al_pacman
so real F1 cars handle like they're on rails then

um driving aids do you know how to turn them off???

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Date: May 25, 2002 04:28PM
Posted by: al_pacman
and there is 1 very annoying thing about f1 2002 WIP

you seem to be about 10kph faster on the straight

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Date: May 26, 2002 05:07PM
yes I do know how to turn the aids off, I don't use any of them
Date: May 27, 2002 12:28AM
Posted by: realsim
There is also one other very important thing to remember when using steering wheel peripherals on driving games & judging the driving physics of said games.
NOT ALL CONTROLLERS ARE CREATED EQUAL.

Just as an example, I used to own a Thrustmaster/Pedal combo which had an incredible lifelike driving feel (I drive a quick little Suzuki Swift GTI so I can speak from experience) to it when used on TOCA 1 & 2, & GP3.

After much use, this controller packed it in so I replaced it with a Logitech Wingman Formula (Non Force/F & non USB). It took me an absolute age to set up this controller to feel half as lifelike as the Thrustmaster did.

With the Thrustmaster, GP3 felt "organic", I felt "as one" with the car. With the Logitech, GP3 feels "inorganic", like I'm slightly "disassociated" with the car. I know that sounds corny but that's just how it feels.
"Feel" is everything, right?

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy