F1-2002 Demo.

Posted by Pinguin-Qc 
F1-2002 Demo.
Date: May 09, 2002 07:55AM
Posted by: Pinguin-Qc
I took a ride on the F1-2002 work in progress demo...

Graphics are great but physics are ugly. It's more like driving a See-Do then a car :>
Re: F1-2002 Demo.
Date: May 09, 2002 09:18PM
Posted by: Xero
I too have played around with the new F12002 demo, and I have to say... thats quite impressive!!! The gameplay wasn't up to GPx standards though (and never will be!) and the buggy gfx were annoying, but some of the features like pit limiter, a proper launch control system, the freedom to drive into any pit garage you damn well please... but most of all, those sounds!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! The external sounds were sooooooooo sweet... they sounded exactly like an F1 car! It got me pretty excited...

then I realised how good GP4 would be, because it has these features, gfx, and breathtaking sounds...and better gameplay!

F12002 is gonna kick ass... but GP4 will make that look like childsplay!

Date: May 10, 2002 12:19AM
Posted by: al_pacman
can't find it

:B <Stupid!

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Date: May 14, 2002 01:15AM
Posted by: sspeicys
i installed f1 2002 WIP demo at home (PC P4 1.6 256 RAM Geforce2 Ti 64Mb)
when i tried to play, i can see only cocpit clearly, everything outside cocpit is gray... tried on Windows 98SE, and on Windows XP Home 2600 the same effect on both OS'es. Video drivers from nvidia site 28.32, directx from microsoft 8.1. What can be wrong ?
at work on P4 1.6 ATI RAGE PRO Windows 2000 Pro, i can see everything rather normal, but graphics are ugly because of video card, but there are all object on track.
Date: May 14, 2002 08:29AM
Posted by: Xero
sorry, I have no idea! But you could try downloadind the nvidia detinator drivers from nvidia.com... they support all their cards! Might work! - ???

Date: May 15, 2002 12:44AM
Posted by: al_pacman
WOOOOOOOOW

This game is awesome

Grate visuals and amazing sound Poor physics though :( and the frame rate is higher at full graphics than GP3 is on low graphics

the game ran smoothly even though I only have PII 400

I might get this game even though GP4 will kick it's a**

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Date: May 16, 2002 06:50AM
Posted by: sspeicys
ON WinXP Home:i had newest drivers from nvidia site and had problems with view, later i tried to rollback video driver to driver made by Microsoft, and my problems gone... everything is ok. About game: in GP3 i can drive almost without any help (except auto gearbox and traction control) in f1 2002 WIP it was almost impossible for me. i hope driving in GP4 will be more or less user friendly as it was in GP3
Date: May 18, 2002 06:31PM
Posted by: mr.mushroom
What, physics are way better in F1 2001/2 than GP3 and if what we believe is true, GP4. There is huge complexity and models a huge amount of things. I love the gameplay you get from the GPx series but there is no way an F1 car handles like it does in them. GP3 ( and probably GP4 ) is very arcadey compared to ISI's games.

Hmmm?
Date: May 18, 2002 06:49PM
Posted by: Mark
i to have played the demo,and although there are things going for the ea series,the gp physics model is the best.
there are times when i have no desire to finish a race on ea sports series as driving is awful,if your not on the racing line the car slows down,it just doesn't real real.im dissapointed with the delay but not suprised
Date: May 19, 2002 03:00AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
DC: I gotta disagree about the handling. I find it is f1 - 2002 that is arcady and GP3 is a lot more accurate and so do most people, including reviewers and f1 drivers

Date: May 19, 2002 05:59AM
Posted by: matthewp
so real F1 cars handle like they're on rails then
Date: May 19, 2002 06:55AM
Posted by: chris
I don't think gp3 feels like your on rails, if arrows team say its realistic, thats good enough for me.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 19, 2002 01:32PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

The 'on-rails' thing is the steering help. The Steering help is there to try to eliminate the difference between analouge and digital devices.

In F1 2001, its good when you get used to it. I havent tried F1 2002 on the PC, only on the X-Box and i hated it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 22, 2002 06:33PM
Posted by: Pinguin-Qc
If u feel any rail effects it's just that steering help is on, in any F1 games.

This steering help feature was disturbing in Gp2 in a way that the rail would attract u do the pitlane when something is broken on the car
Date: May 22, 2002 06:44PM
Posted by: LS.
if theres any doubt about gp3 being on rails, then i suggest you either beg, borrow, cheat, steal a steering wheel ( FFB or not) and play it with every function switched off

to drive a lap around monaco without throttle control is not my idea of on rails

try it,

you'll be suprised

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 23, 2002 05:10AM
I've got a wheel and I love the physics in F1 2001, if you haven't got a wheel though GP3 is better but F1 2002 will improve in this area.
Date: May 23, 2002 07:32AM
Posted by: realsim
Yay!

Gotta agree with you there matey!
I've been tooling around for about 3 months with F1-2001 (PC). I didn't like the way it drove it at first 'cause I was so used to GP3. Then I went back to GP3 and I HATED the way GP3 drove.
F1-2001 also sounds better when you're on the limit in corners. I much prefer hearing the sound of scrubbing rubber then screeching rubber. One thing I've never heard is an F1 car screeching its way around a circuit!!

Beats me how anyone can stand playing a driving game without a wheel and pedals, be like playing tennis with a cricket bat!!!!!!!
:-)
Date: May 23, 2002 08:31AM
Posted by: chris
Well, I'd love to have a wheel, but my finances aint looking too great, so its out of the question for me.
I think you all underrate keyboard driving, its not that bad. The car still feels very responsive etc.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 23, 2002 09:33AM
I think GP3 does deal with keyboards pretty well, I used a keyboard for a long time and it works fine, i'd say along with wet weather those are the only things GP3 does better than F1 2001
Date: May 23, 2002 10:12AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"I think you all underrate keyboard driving, its not that bad. The car still feels very responsive etc."

I totally agree - GP3 is very good with keyboards, shame theres no option to see what it would be like without steering help on. The thing is, like with modems you use a 56k and cope with it, but when you get asdn you apparantly "cant go back". You use a keyboard fine, but if you get a (FFBack :P) wheel, then you wont really want to go back to keyboard

"Well, I'd love to have a wheel, but my finances aint looking too great, so its out of the question for me."

Yeah that sucks mate, good luck anyway :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy