Gp4 extras

Posted by al_pacman 
Gp4 extras
Date: May 07, 2002 07:35PM
Posted by: al_pacman
wouldn't it be nice if gp4 had a visor that got dirty as u raced and u could press a button to pull a stip off!

it really needs a safety car and 10 second penalties as well

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Re: Gp4 extras
Date: May 08, 2002 05:49AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

We have been through the saftey car/10 sec thing many many times and i STILL agree. Unless your programs are crap there should be no problem with safetey car/10 sec cos F1 99 had them working perfectly on the PS and a PC can cope with loads more than a PS can.

The cisor thing was in F1 97 and i really didnt like it, it just looked crap and got annoying. Does anyone know what the stuff on your visor really looks like? cos im sure its not just a black smuge like F1 97 had.

Nice idea tho

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 08, 2002 07:48AM
Posted by: renyf1
i think its mostly oil from other cars and bugs and stuff

but then going high speed they would smear and block more visability

add in some sun and now u see why they drive the cars and we play gp3 :-)

did u check ou the in car shot of Dario @ japan....the sun was blinding and he was going quite fast wasn't he?

guess we can only hope or inspire one of the many Gp tweak masters!
Date: May 08, 2002 10:44AM
Posted by: LS.
many drivers now have tinted visors anyway to counteract the glare of the sun

some drivers use the yellow visors on wet tracks because it makes it easier to spot the standing water

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 08, 2002 02:05PM
Posted by: Xero
I'm think this may be included in GP4 already! In wet weather races, rain blurs up your vision and you see the drops running to the sides etc. I'm pretty sure if they made that, then they would have made them get dirty during the race... but hey! It's GC... you can't be sure what to expect or receive!

Date: May 10, 2002 10:17PM
Posted by: Piranha
I agree totally,

if an old game like Indy Car Racing 2 can have a safety car (a great one at that) then surely Grandprix 4 can have one too. Regarding the visor, i think they should make the effects like in the NFS series , where the rain drops look like they are hitting the screen. This would make the game much more enjoyable and give value for money. But i doubt that they will implement any of this. I think GP4 will just be an 'enhancement' of GP4 with no 'new' features as such. Anyway that's my opinion on the issue.
Date: May 11, 2002 04:05AM
Posted by: chris
Great idea David...test tracks! I want those now, did'nt think of that.

Chris J
Date: May 11, 2002 02:50PM
Posted by: Xero
Yeah, great idea querty!!! That would be quite easy to add actually!! If they don't do it, i'm sure someone in the GPx community will!!!

Date: May 12, 2002 02:00AM
Posted by: Habi
Everything would be easier, if GC would give the source code to SDI :))))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy