Nascar Racing 2002 takes lead in Sim Racing

Posted by Reaper99 
Nascar Racing 2002 takes lead in Sim Racing
Date: April 29, 2002 11:50AM
Posted by: Reaper99
It's funny how everyday more Brits, former GPLers and other GPx fans are joining us on Nascar Racing 2002. I know there are not many road courses but the multiplayer racing is outstanding. The car physics are great and the game is supported far better then Crammonds could ever support his effort. Even the games USA distributor Hasbro privately says Crammonds total failure of implementing multiplayer Internet sim-play is a joke! Put your money where your mouths are boys and come and join us on a real Internet Racing Simulation! It blows GP4 away! By the way, visit my League site at [psrl.net].

If Crammonds ever gets off his lazy butt and builds the multiplayer interface, I'll be there. But until then you got to hit him where it hurts! In the pocket!

Niles Anders
Reaper99
Nascar Racing 2002 already has the perfect multiplayer features ... buy it and show J. Crammonds what you really want, by putting your money where your mouth is! Spent 2 days with Nascar Racing 2002 and you'll never go back!
Re: Nascar Racing 2002 takes lead in Sim Racing
Date: April 29, 2002 12:33PM
Posted by: chris
He would, but the fia licence does not cover internet play. THAT's the reason m8.

Chris J
Date: April 29, 2002 01:34PM
Then he needs to get the deal done! How many years does it take?!

Niles Anders
Reaper99
Nascar Racing 2002 already has the perfect multiplayer features ... buy it and show J. Crammonds what you really want, by putting your money where your mouth is! Spent 2 days with Nascar Racing 2002 and you'll never go back!
Date: April 29, 2002 05:36PM
Posted by: Xero
It can't happen just like that! And besides, there is no doubt Nascar 2002 is a great game, and has great multiplayer facilities.... BUT.... IT AIN'T GONNA EVER BEAT GP4 M8!!! While you tell people to buy Nascar instead of GP4, I would have to say: Buy GP4, and if you want good on-line racing, then get Nascar too. I am certainly gonna buy GP4... you'd be STUPID not to!... and i'll considering getting Nascar too!

Xero
---------={X}=---------

GP4 blows all racing games away!
Date: April 30, 2002 12:26AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Note to Niles: In your sig you wrote J. Crammond. Its actually G. Crammond :D

Date: May 04, 2002 10:14AM
Posted by: Vader
Even the games USA distributor Hasbro privately says Crammonds total failure of implementing multiplayer Internet sim-play is a joke!

How can Hasbro complain about that? It is them who have to pay for the license, not Mr. Crammond. Or do you believe it is Geoff's private money? If Hasbro wants internet support, they've got to pay for it.

buy it and show J. Crammonds what you really want
What I really want is a perfect - at least as perfect as possible - F1 sim, so there's no point in buying NASCAR to show Crammond that I want FORMULA ONE. Sorry.

Still Nascar 2002 is a nice game.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2002 12:09PM
Posted by: LS.
this thing about GP4 not having online play, its to do with the license with the FIA but what i want to know is is that the same for every company that makes a F1 game with an official license?

if so, why does the FIA not want simulations of F1 being played online? is it because they have no control over what happens?

if that is the case, then they have no control of the game they licensed when GP3 came out, look at the 3rd party add-ons available for it.

it makes no sense at all

but then again, trust the FIA to FUCKUP a good thing

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 04, 2002 01:56PM
Posted by: make
Well maby Geoff should make a game that has no official licence and add online racing in it and then we could make the addons. :)
Date: May 04, 2002 02:19PM
Boba and all who read this,

Well if this "license with the FIA" is the real issue you still must boycott the product to get Crammonds motivated to do the right thing! And the right thing would be to negotiate a license that includes "multiplayer online internet" usage!

Come on you guys you are way too easy on Crammonds so you can get your GP gaming fix! If Crammonds is going to be the keeper of the top GP SIM then he has to represent the users! If you guys think you are getting a simulation then you are fooling yourselves! The only way you can truly have a simulation is if there is someone else controlling the variables on the competing cars! AI is predictable and far to easy to get use to. So basically you are just turning fast laps! BIG DEAL! Make Crammonds get the multiplayer functions together by boycotting his product. This guy is not going to be motivated unless we cut off his food source .... money! If we keep making his house and car payment and sending him on holidays why should he go get the right license?

BTW, I'll make the correction in my signature when Crammonds get's the multiplayer features in the SIM, and I use the term SIM loosely!

Reaper99

Niles Anders
Reaper99
Date: May 04, 2002 03:05PM
Yes, Marko! If Crammonds would show interest in a CART sim then I could set him up meeting with the correct people and get the right kind of license to get it done. I'm sorry you guys ... but Crammonds is not representing anyone interest but his ... to putting money in his pocket.

Reaper99

Niles Anders
Reaper99
Date: May 04, 2002 03:14PM
By now Crammonds already knows his Sim's short falls! He knows that it should have Internet Multiplayer features. Continuing to pay for a failed product rewards failure. That's not a way to get anything but more failure! No matter how much I loved GP3's potential, Crammonds had all the time I can give him. And this 5 year plan thing is out right BS! It's time for GC to put up or let a big player take over. You know at PAPY the developers will particiapate in forums and tell you what's going on. Crammonds has his head in the sand!

Niles Anders
Reaper99
Date: May 04, 2002 04:46PM
You are so smart.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2002 05:25PM
Posted by: LS.
i think the best thing for our F1b gaming community would be for Papyrus to do a F1 sim,

look at what they did with nascar 2002, pace car, online play, stop and go etc, then you also have the brilliant GPL, that game has just got better and better since it came out, its a testament to the original coders of that sim, that the game is more popular now than when it first came out, a perfect example of a classic game.

Only PAPYRUS would do a F1 simualtion real justice i feel

oh and by the way if anyone from PAPYRUS is reading this, make a CART sim while your at it ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 04, 2002 05:28PM
You forget about Microsoft. Their CART Precision Racing was great too. It even had GPS tracks, and that was back in 1997.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 05, 2002 02:04AM
Posted by: _Alex_
You forget about Microsoft. Their CART Precision Racing was great too

Yeah that wasn't too bad, although the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca was actually impossible to drive through...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 05, 2002 02:25AM
Posted by: japan
You forget Tokiashuki Italitu who made such classics have like:

Catch the Frozen Poisonous Fish Simulation ( a.k.a. f1 2000)

Land of wibbly wobbly (aka Little big adventure)

and

Toko Koto ( best shoot them upwards ever)

-
Yokomoto Hatashia

Date: May 05, 2002 01:06PM
Alex -
It is GPS, and GPS does not lie. So the real Corkscrew is obviously not easy to go through - unless you are Zanardi. MS could certainly never do this, so I understand your frustration there.

Yokomoto -
don't forget Sushi i - III (released as Quake in the rest of the world)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 06, 2002 02:36AM
Posted by: _Alex_
It is GPS, and GPS does not lie

Unless you do not implement it properly. The primary reason why I found it hard to take the Corckscrew was because of the suspect car physics, commonplace in games of that era (with the exception of Gp2).

the real Corkscrew is obviously not easy to go through - unless you are Zanardi

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then in actual fact Zanardi didn't really drive through the corckscrew did he? Let's say he made effective use of the large run-off area. Still, pretty damn impressive which ever way you look at it...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 06, 2002 04:35AM
Posted by: japan
Ah yes Mr Vader, you speak words of wisdom.

And of course without Hikayokotos I - III (soon to be IV) [Released as GRand Prix in other places] we would not be here

-
Yokomoto Hatashia

Date: May 07, 2002 07:44PM
Posted by: al_pacman
The AI in GP4 will be smarter than u :P

:B :))))))) :S :) ;) :-)
[www.livepencil.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy