Wing Mirrors

Posted by Glyn 
Wing Mirrors
Date: April 14, 2002 09:36AM
Posted by: Glyn
In the GP today, after the race when they did that 'email the studio' thing they showed you what a driver sees through the wing mirrors.

Basically the driver can see the side of the car, the wing and the rear wheel. Not a lot of whats behind him. So...this feature in a GP game would make it 'as close as it gets'?

Im not naggin btw - just think it would be a decent feature.

Re: Wing Mirrors
Date: April 14, 2002 10:54AM
Posted by: Xero
I think you'll find that that's exactly what you will get in GP4! Mark Blundell also mentioned that the mirrors vibrate violently! I wonder whether this will be included!? I would like to see an option to turn this on... it would look great!

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 14, 2002 02:10PM
You mean to say the restricted mirror view is in GP4?

Date: April 14, 2002 02:24PM
I just went screeny hunting and I cant see the rear wing or wheel in the wing mirrors??

Correct me if im wrong (or confused) though :)

Date: April 14, 2002 04:00PM
Ah!!! I noticed something! There is the rear wing and back wheels in the T-Cam view, but not the cockpit view!!!!

As you can clearly see there is in the t-cam view!

Here you can't in the cockpit view!

Hopefully it will be included in the final version, if not, then lets hope it is already in, and these screens are either old, or have the option turned off!

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 14, 2002 05:20PM
Posted by: LS.
i watched a onboard lap from a renault from the t-cam view and all you could see form the t-cam view was a reflection in the mirrors of the top of the sidepods

so you would'nt expect to see anything from that view if its meant to be as real life as possible

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 14, 2002 06:53PM
Yeah... Nick Court said something about that! He said there would be no point in having them if you couldn't use them! I actually prefer them being wrong... they look sweet!

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 15, 2002 07:16AM
Posted by: Habi
Erm.... well let me tell you what i think about the mirrors in GPx

You said you want the restricted view, right?
You gotta count in that mirrors are for extra information about what's going on behind you and not just to be "realistic".

Look at the steering wheel in GPx, its faaar from being realistic but it gives you many informations....

Date: April 15, 2002 08:28AM
Posted by: Vader
you mean they don't have generic steering wheels in real F1? Then GPx is all wrong! What a scandal ....

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 15, 2002 12:12PM
haha!

It's great having more realism in the game, but it can sometimes be better to have practicality. (oooowwww... big word!) We'll have to settle for something in between! For example, the steering wheels... I personally dont read the panel on the wheel, because I use GPxSAT all the time, which is not realistic, but practical... alternatively, you can switch off GPxSAT for more realism, and use the steering wheel panel instead, which is practical!

Have I confused you yet?! :)

I'm sure you get my point! (or not!) Having clear mirrors is more practical than realistic, but is more suitable for it's purpose. Still, it would be very nice to have the option to have the rear of you car filling half your mirrors!

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 15, 2002 01:12PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
its all very true, you need to find the correct line between realism, practicality and playablility. Playability i mean, if they made the cars handle like real f1 cars ( i personally would love the challenge) but im sure that most would prefer just to be able to drive the thing

Date: April 19, 2002 03:46PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I dont use the mirrors, i dont use the cocpit view so i cant. Mark also said something botu a "6th sense" tells you when antoher cars there. I kinda have that and im sure you lot do to.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 19, 2002 07:32PM
The 6th sense in GP3 2000 being hearing the car behind you! :D

Xero
---------={X}=---------

Don't dis' GP4!
Date: April 20, 2002 07:34AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I dont use GP3 2000 tho :p. I use GP3 V1.13

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy