[RELEASED] GP4 1996 Season - v1.0 (after 13 years now!) - NEWS: 1996 Trackpack v0.5 in first post!

Posted by kerleyf1 
I think this is a combination of Track Magic Data and Physics. I usally modify the Physics, Performance and Magic Data for myself to simulate the real top speed and results. Maybe I forgot to replace the Magic Data before I sent the track to kerley.

Here you can find the original Magic Data of the 1997 version of the track which I used as base for the 96 update: [www.mediafire.com]

Just copy and replace the file in the Melbourne Track folder.

Good luck for your season! :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2021 11:16AM by tamburello.
tamburello Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think this is a combination of Track Magic Data
> and Physics. I usally modify the Physics,
> Performance and Magic Data for myself to simulate
> the real top speed and results. Maybe I forgot to
> replace the Magic Data before I sent the track to
> kerley.
>
> Here you can find the original Magic Data of the
> 1997 version of the track which I used as base for
> the 96 update:
> [www.mediafire.com]
> ault.tmd/file
>
> Just copy and replace the file in the Melbourne
> Track folder.
>
> Good luck for your season! :-)

Mhmm so there is no way for me to just get the exact same performance as the AI Car? If so how would i go about making it as close as possible. For instance if i drive the Forti i wanna be as slow as the Forti, If i am in the Williams i wanna be as fast as the Williams. I thought the ''player car performance team dependant'''was suppose to allow me this. So if this does not work how do i go about making my cars physics/performance as close to the AI in the same car?

Cause now i used your data and myself i go 174-175mph on the straight in a williams while the other Williams goes like 184-185mph. Does this have to with a setting i can change somewhere. I just don't really get why i dont get the same performance car.

Thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2021 04:41AM by dustandflour.
tamburello Wrote:
> I think this is a combination of Track Magic Data
> and Physics. I usally modify the Physics,
> Performance and Magic Data for myself to simulate
> the real top speed and results. Maybe I forgot to
> replace the Magic Data before I sent the track to
> kerley.
>
> Here you can find the original Magic Data of the
> 1997 version of the track which I used as base for
> the 96 update:
> [www.mediafire.com]
> ault.tmd/file
>
> Just copy and replace the file in the Melbourne
> Track folder.
>
> Good luck for your season! :-)

Actually i have just found the physics editor program! i now changed my BPH to be the same as williams and it works perfectly!!!! I am so happy i can get my season started now!
Nice to hear that you got it. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Heya ! I would have just one question ! Do you intend to update the Jordan 196 colour or is the yellow done on purpose, please ? Because it was more beige than yellow in 1996

[upload.wikimedia.org]

In any case, thank you for your outstanding work and great mod :)
It's correct as it is. The first few rounds it was more yellow than beige.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
> It's correct as it is. The first few rounds it was
> more yellow than beige.

yes, that's right, here's a pic from Argentina. Note the gold tone on Rubens' helmet compared to the beige colour of the car

Yeah colour looks nice! :-)

But, talking about the Jordan from Argentina, I was asking myself if there will be an update with the car with the big central rear wing in the future?

This version was used in Argentina, in Monaco, in Hungary and I think Brundle used it also in Barcelona and on the Nurburgring

Thanks!
titi01170 Wrote:
> Yeah colour looks nice! :-)
>
> But, talking about the Jordan from Argentina, I
> was asking myself if there will be an update with
> the car with the big central rear wing in the
> future?
>
> This version was used in Argentina, in Monaco, in
> Hungary and I think Brundle used it also in
> Barcelona and on the Nurburgring
>
> Thanks!

Hi titi!

In this case, just the car's author can do the job.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
OK sorry and thank you again :)
Hi! Has anyone experienced that Gpxset session settings don't apply in-game? I have tried to change values regarding fuel laps and number of consecutive cc cars, but none of the changes appears in-game; the fuel is always 4 and at the beginning of the practice session all AI cars go on track.

EDIT: Running the vanilla game via Gpxpatch seems to apply the Gpxset settings instead, so I don't know really :-o

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2022 12:20AM by nicki87.
It's being overriden by the gpxset within the mod - specifically in the weather folders.

There's tons of them, but they only need these lines, the rest can be deleted:

[Misc]
Weather =***
RainChance =***

[PerfManager]
Enable =1
Path =gpxpdata\1996-***.txt

[obviously the *** means the specific data in each folder]

This could all be put together in a more efficient way using merges, but I say that knowing my understanding of CSM's interaction with GPXpatch ini files has developed since this mod was released. Anyway, hope that helps.

Interesting explanation Fongu, thank you :) I've tried to modify all the txt files as suggested by you, nevertheless it doesn't seem to work, unbelievable! That's odd, also because I've set the session parameters in the gpxset.ini file which is into the Gpxpatch folder of the mod. Anyway, I'm very fascinated by all these CSM mechanisms, they require such good programming skills, I'd like to learn the procedures but all of you modders are like gods for my basic understanding of Gp4 ahahaha :)

Edit: Problem solved, I’ve simply come back to the original files and modified the session settings from there :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2022 11:00PM by nicki87.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy