Date: April 03, 2002 05:52PM
Posted by: LS.
well the bottom one is pc, the top 3 are X-box

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: some more pc shots of gp4
Date: April 04, 2002 02:05AM
Posted by: Rainey
Looks good, I wanna see more of the PC version.
Date: April 04, 2002 06:23AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Looks good, I wanna see more of the PC version.

" " " " " " " " " "

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 04, 2002 02:29PM
Posted by: Ellis
yo Sup

I want Irvine to take out the jackmen, wouldnt that be realistic!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 04, 2002 03:53PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
they are playing the x-box version on a sony TV :) lol

Date: April 05, 2002 02:00AM
Well they can't play it on a Microsoft TV! Guess it's just an unfortunate coincidence...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 05, 2002 09:03AM
Posted by: Rainey
LOL, never thought of that! That is extremely funny.

MicroSOFT arent selling the X-box very well in Australia since its release, even though the PS2 is over a year old, they are still selling 2 PS2's to every X-Box in the stores, that is quite amazing.
Date: April 05, 2002 09:51AM
Posted by: chris
Sony seem to have a knack of doing that.

When the N64 was launched in 1997, it was (and is) twice as powerful, 64bit to 32. By the summer of 97 Sony had 65% of the console selling market, whilst N64 had just 5.5%.
I don't know what they're doing differently...but I'm happy about it.

Chris J
Date: April 05, 2002 11:21AM
Posted by: LS.
i think its down the fact that the games for x-box ain't that good at the moment, give it 6 months when the currently developed games are finished and we should see the real situation

plus nintendo are cutting the price of the gamecube and PS2 is coming down in price as well, this could also have some factor in people perhaps waiting to see who's doing the better deal before they part with their hard earned.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 05, 2002 11:23AM
Yo Sup

"When the N64 was launched in 1997, it was (and is) twice as powerful, 64bit to 32"

But the cartrages ment that the games had to be small in size and they lost out there. Also, ever tried hitting an N64 whislt your playing it? It crashes. With a PS you can take out the CD and out in back in, hit it and it will still work. Even with the slightest nudge you game arse up yuor whole game. The memory pack setup with pages and stuff was also bit stupid. The fact that you had to use the 3D stick thing for most of the games @#$%& it all up, whilst Sony gave you a choice of the sticks o the D-pad.

And who was the guy who decided about having 3 C buttons??

The N64 may have been loved by there fans but Nintendo seen it is a failure as they did make half of the money Sony did.

The only real advantage it had was no loading times. Its graphics were only better in some opinions, depends if you enjoy cartoons or not......

"If it aint broke dont fix it"

Well the PS2 isnt hugly different to the PS. Same graphicxs engine, but souped up. It still uses CD (DVDs)

The GameCube has totally change from the 64, its a brand new machine.

Obviously Nintendo thought the 64 was 'broken'.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 05, 2002 11:25AM
Yo Sup

"plus nintendo are cutting the price of the gamecube"

yeah, but its £150 in the UK, and whilst the PS2 is more expensive it does alot more. The £150 out of the box gamecube wont play DVDs, have net access etc, t will only play games.

The PS2 does games DVDs, music CDs etc etc etc

Date: April 20, 2002 08:17PM
Posted by: Boils
LOL i have 2 DVD players, one on my computer and another on my TV why would i want to pay 100's of dollars more for a console to have a DVD player when i already have 2?

Ill buy the gamcube mainly because i have everyother nintendo ever made and they always have some great games.

F1 world GrandPrix on N64 was very good especially the challenge mode

PS2 and Xbox = way too expensive for a console.

Consoles are meant to be quick easy and fun i think the others are trying to hard to be PC's that plug into your TV especially Xbox.
Date: April 21, 2002 04:50AM
Posted by: Habi
Consoles are meant to be quick easy and fun i think the others are trying to hard to be PC's that plug into your TV especially Xbox.

Yup, that's right :)

Date: April 22, 2002 01:46PM
Yo Sup

em, that also goes for the gameCube, with al those weird and extras they are gona make. Broadband gaming? Only broadband? Sounds like fun.....nice and expensive too.

Date: April 23, 2002 09:37AM
Posted by: chris
Well, X box have just reduced their price to £190, PS2 still more, so Nintendo's £160 cube ain't that much cheaper...I'd buy the xbox for gp4 and halo.

Chris J
Date: April 24, 2002 12:37AM
Posted by: Boils
Wont Halo be coming out on PC aswell?

i know GP4 is

i dont want to buy a console for games that i can play on PC anyway
Date: April 24, 2002 01:29PM
F1 world GrandPrix on N64 was very good especially the challenge mode

No way, that game was a joke. The only vaguely impressive feature was the way the tyres fell out of the barriers when you crashed into them!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 24, 2002 03:34PM
Yo Sup

"Nintendo's £160 cube "

£160?????? Bull, its £135 in Dundee, it must be the same uk wide?

"No way, that game was a joke"

I perfectly agree Alex, the tyres coming off the wall was the only good thing. the car handled better when the suspension was wrecked!! The N64 was "cartoony" and this ment no racing games came out well!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy