Why No Penalties?

Posted by LatexFanClub 
Why No Penalties?
Date: April 02, 2002 01:51PM
Posted by: LatexFanClub
Hi,

Is it true that Crammond has dropped the idea of having stop-go penalties in GP4 because he can't write an artificial 'intelligence' that applies the rules as inconsistently as the FIA do?

If so, then I have the solution for him - if any driver transgresses whose name is not equal to "Michael Schumacher" then they must receive the most draconian punishment imaginable. Conversely, players entering their name as "Michael Schumacher" enter a sort of cheat mode where it is even possible to take your 'penalties' after the race has finished and still be declared the winner.

Keith C.
Re: Why No Penalties?
Date: April 02, 2002 02:17PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Not the Schumacher debate again...This happens every week.
Date: April 02, 2002 02:17PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"if any driver transgresses whose name is not equal to "Michael Schumacher" then they must receive the most draconian punishment imaginable"

LOL

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 02, 2002 05:14PM
Posted by: LS.
LOL keith

you'll find your made very welcome by certain members of our community

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 02, 2002 06:55PM
Posted by: Xero
lol, nice one Keith!!

Ain't seen you around b4... u changed ur name?! If u r new, welcome!

P.S. Oh yeah!! Watch out!!! Vader's out to getcha!! :)
Date: April 02, 2002 07:51PM
Posted by: Morbid
He sure is! But I don't think Keith Collantine will worry about. I seem to remember his face ererhm, I mean name, from some of these pages. Did we dance in the Archiv, mayhap?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: April 03, 2002 01:55AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Keith Collantine posted 17 times under that names in the old forum.

He posted the first 16 times within a week, but then apperared to vanish off the surface of the earth, before making a breif apperance on the 11th of december.

archives - such a wonderful thing ;)

Date: April 03, 2002 04:20AM
Posted by: chris
LOL Chris!

Yeah, welcome back Keith

Chris J
Date: April 03, 2002 06:46AM
Posted by: Mark
refering to silverstone98,ms didn't get the call till lap 59 on a 60 lap race,and are given 3 laps to take the penalty,what else is he supposed to do the fault lay with the stewards for not issuing ferrari the penalty till too late,he had 3 laps to take it and did so,ferrari could argue that they didn't have to take the penalty as it was issued to late making it illegal,get off ms back
Date: April 03, 2002 10:18AM
Yo Sup

Thats half of the story (i cant belive im about to defend Ferrari)

Even though it was lap 59, Ferraris computers were registering lap 58, so they thought it was perfectly legal, but computers, not ferraris fault.

But arent the stewards mant to add on time at the end of teh race instead of the stop 'n go? Did they? I cant remember

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 03, 2002 10:58AM
Posted by: Mark
but the main point is the penalty was issued after twenty five minutes of the offence taking place which made it illegal,lap 58 or 59 he was till within 3 laps
Date: April 03, 2002 01:24PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Keith and I have actually had one of the most heated discussions this forum has seen - subject Michael Schumacher. I'm not sure I fancy a repeat ;-)

Welcome back!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 03, 2002 01:55PM
Posted by: Morbid
Oh! What a surprise! :)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: April 03, 2002 02:14PM
Posted by: Vader
... and why should I be out to get a fellow anti-schumist like Keith? I guess he'll more likely become the target of The Nuclear Rodent.

(and I still believe The Nuclear Rodent is -Alex- in disguise!)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 05, 2002 10:20AM
Posted by: LatexFanClub
Hi,

An "Anti-Schumist" am I? That's a new one...

With respect to the whole Britain '98 thing the individual who buggered up the delivering of Schumacher's penalty and allowed him to get away with serving the penalty after the race had finished was FIA Chief Steward Nazir Hoosein. He was subsequently suspended after Ron Dennis cried foul and only returned at the 2002 Malaysian Grand Prix in time to smack Montoya with that stupefyingly injust penalty.

Not that FIAt are corrupt or anything.

Keith Collantine
The inconsistent-posting anti-Schumist
Date: April 05, 2002 11:16AM
Yo Sup

"Not that FIAt are corrupt or anything."

LOL!!!!!!!!!

That story is quite interesting. nd most likely 100% ture.

"FIA Chief Steward Nazir Hoosein" - and when he was suspended he was known as "Jean Todt"

"2002 Malaysian Grand Prix in time to smack Montoya with that stupefyingly injust penalty."

conicodence or what eh?

Date: April 05, 2002 12:49PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Keith LOL mate
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy