Pit stops

Posted by Quackerz 
Pit stops
Date: March 30, 2002 12:02PM
Posted by: Quackerz
Hi, I'm new here, so if this has been done to death before, please forgive me.

The one thing that I've been waiting to see ever since the original F1GP game is....(drum roll).....scaled pit stops.

Ok. I'll explain what I mean: If a 100% race distance is 50 laps (to keep the sums easy) and your car holds enough fuel for 30 laps, you have to stop at least once during the race.
I'd like to see the size of the car fuel tanks change proportionally with the race distance, so for a 10 lap race, your car would only hold enough fuel for 6 laps, so you still gotta stop once. I'd also like to see tyres "going off" proportionally sooner too, again for pitstop reasons.

This would mean that even in a 10 lap race you'd still get all the frenzy of drivers in and out of the pits in the "pitstop window" of the race.

I mean, be honest, it's not often that you race a 100% race distance race, is it? but it'd be fun to NEED to come in for tyres and juice all the same.

Hope somebody from Microprose is reading this :)

Cheers
Re: Pit stops
Date: March 30, 2002 12:04PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I think you could do that using an editor for GP3/GP3 2000

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 30, 2002 12:05PM
Posted by: LS.
Hope somebody from Microprose is reading this :)

yeah probably their lawyers :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 30, 2002 12:06PM
Do I detect a hint of cynisicm there?
Date: March 30, 2002 12:08PM
yeah, but you'd have to adjust it again and again every time you made a race a different length wouldn't you?

To be honest I haven't really messed with GP3 too much yet, I just played it as it was.
Date: March 30, 2002 12:26PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
LOL well your playing a game that has *&;(^$^*^)%(% cars. GO GET RH CARS RIGHT NOW I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!

ITS A LIVE OR DIE THING!!!

really, it is, isn`t it............................................?

Date: March 30, 2002 01:38PM
Posted by: chris
Trust me Simon, they're NOT going to be reading ANYTHING from the community.
Chris J

btw I find 50% distance good, cos its not too long, and you get the whole strategy being implemented.
Date: March 30, 2002 01:48PM
Posted by: Vader
Trust me Simon, they're NOT going to be reading ANYTHING from the community.

Exactly like us. We just post and spam.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 30, 2002 02:36PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"I post therefore i spam"

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy