interview with nick court just out

Posted by LS. 
interview with nick court just out
Date: March 29, 2002 02:53PM
Posted by: LS.
ok its 17mb in size so i'll just type the intersting stuff for you

a bloke ( i think he's from a gp3 website) asks nick court about gp4 and he's armed with a list of questions from the community

first question is about the physics and he says that they are the best in any gp racing game
but its about wether the physics perameters are being calculated per second, and nic courts replys that you'd need to ask geoff about that

second question is how in to development is gp4? NC replys 95% and the version being shown is the beta, they're debugging and finshing off the tracks.

3rd question , hands on the steering wheel?

NC we took the decision not to include it in the cockpit view coz the arms would obscure the view of the wheel when turning it, and we reckon the polygons in the arms would look like planks of wood, and the polygons could be used else where

4th question, rumours about pitcrew making mistakes in gp4

NC thats true, things like the refulling rig getting stuck and perhaps a wheelnut getting stuck

5th question if you had a engine failure you could go in to the pits and get it repaired, this was not realistic, is this still possible

NC yes its still possible

6th question you are attempting to create the perfect simulation why are there several features like the safety car, formation lap & stop and go penaltys still not included although they are on the top of the communitys wish list?

NC erm right at the top of the communitys wishlist was better graphics, which is the main thing we've covered in gp4, taking out the old render system and putting in the new one was a collosal undertaking, its not something you can do easily. we have a 5 year plan in place for the whole of the licence period as for which we're going to ahcieve for that particular version and we have to stick to that, releasing a game yearly of this quality is really difficult to get everything in

7th question we cannot have online gameing again in gp4 and can we expect it from further titles?

NC why they don't you'll have to ask them, (meaning the person who has the fia right presumably *LS) i don't see that it will change with the licence we currently have

8th question the fia are very strict with theire decisions, why do you not make a game with out a licence like ubisofts monaco gp? and makes the game even easier to edit by the community

NC thats a good question and one i can't answer

9th question the gp series is famous for the community and editors like gpxpatch which adds many features to the game that were not included in the retail version, do you know of it and support it?

NC yeah i'm aware of gpxpatch and i thought it was a fantastic piece of work and i'm pretty sure that within a month of gp4 coming out the guys will be to get thier brains around the system we now use and have updates for the 2002 season, we have'nt done or are aware of anything that will prevent them from doing any updates

10th question will it still be easy to edit?

NC yeah it should be easy to edit but we created the tracks using studio max rather than the old engine system so there are changes obviously

11th question will the game also be released for playstation 2?

NC no comment

12th question has work on gp5 begun?

NC err no, umm though the design is well under way,

now all the way through this video, nick court looks uneasy and uncomfortable been asked the direct questions that every gp3 fan has been asking for, hopefully he'll relay the questions he was asked to GC

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: interview with nick court just out
Date: March 29, 2002 02:55PM
Posted by: Vader
Even if he relays them to GC, it would already be too late to make changes to the game. We'll have to live with it as it comes.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 03:06PM
yeah it was interesting when he said 5 year plan,

would it be naive to think that with gp4 being year 2, we can expect all the features like safety car, formation lap stop & go penaltys to be included in gp5 and then GC not releasing anything after that?

or do you think he'll just dragg the process out til the 5th year?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 29, 2002 03:20PM
Posted by: Vader
The good thing is that it will be easy to edit the GP4. So we will have to do what we have always done: Wait for Ralph and Bruno to do their jobs. Since the official game won't have tobacco adds, we'll all be using mods anyway.

Coming to think about it, what I have recently read is a disappointment, but if I get anything with the gameplay (and driving feeling) of GP3 that comes with the looks of (most of) the screenshots I have seen so far, you can call me a happy gamer.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 04:05PM
Posted by: chris
For me the same game play plus better graphics isnt really enough, each new installment should be a big improvement, and to me this seems like gp3 with a new graphics engine. Still no internet play (I know the reason, but the fact remains), none of what most of had on our wishlist really.

However, what I think doesnt matter because good old GC would'nt listen anyway. (sorry, but I'm losing my patience with the 'god of f1 sims', maybe he locks himself away and doesnt know that people have bought the game...OR maybe Nick Court is actually GC himself and just chooses to ignore us)

Chris J
Date: March 29, 2002 04:31PM
Posted by: Morbid
How can you post such a 17 meg interview in excerpts, without bothering with a link to the original? Come on LS, be nice and share :)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 29, 2002 04:41PM
oops sorry, i thought that the majority of users only have 56k,

apologies

[www.gp3station.4players.de]

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 29, 2002 05:15PM
Posted by: Morbid
thx mate.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 30, 2002 12:58AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yes *sob* still on *f**king* 56K

Date: March 30, 2002 01:51AM
Posted by: Beardless2
me too for another 3 weeks :(

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: March 30, 2002 03:37AM
Posted by: Habi
I could be on 128k if i could get the f*cking dual line to work :)

Date: March 30, 2002 03:45AM
Posted by: Rupert
Me too I am on F**king 56 K. I will have to wait 2 weeks for school to start again so I can download it from there. And just a discussion point, it always seems to me that GPx Developers have never been 'happy' or excited about their games compared to other developers. Is that just me?

Ozzy
Date: March 30, 2002 04:43AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Yeah, i get downlaod rates on 1Mb sec in school, its great! But at home im at 56K :';(.

Habi, you still not got the dual line working yet?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 30, 2002 04:44AM
Posted by: _Alex_
It's good to hear that they had nice words to say about GPxPatch. He could easily have made no comment, or condemned it, but it seems as though they're not too bothered by the work of the community to edit and improve the game.

Of course the big question is - will we actually need to put new tracks in? They might be so good that we won't need to replace them. As NC said, I'm sure Rene & Co. will soon figure out a way to get GPxPatch running on Gp4, and Ralph will have us a nice shiny new 2002 carset within a few months. It's all looking rather cool at the moment :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 30, 2002 05:36AM
Yo Sup

"might be so good that we won't need to replace them."

I wish it was ture, but remember these will be 2001 tracks, we will need 2002. New Germany and new sponsors all round

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 30, 2002 06:17AM
Yo Sup

Yup, and the new silverstone in 2003.

Date: March 30, 2002 11:39AM
Posted by: _Alex_
And apparently a new Spa. Bloody Kemmel chicane.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 30, 2002 11:57AM
Yo Sup

hmmm.....chicanes.................It'll probably be named "Senna Chicane" or "senna s" or something, like all the other ones are

Date: March 30, 2002 12:12PM
whats this about a kemmel chicane? it deoes'nt mentionm anything about it on the spa francochamps website

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 30, 2002 02:40PM
Yo Sup

Is that an offcial site? Cos if so then theres your answer. Offcial sites are often left there just so they can say that they have one!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy