catechism of GPx cliché

Posted by Vader 
catechism of GPx cliché
Date: March 28, 2002 08:44PM
Posted by: Vader
Come on boys (and hopefully girls) we have heard it all before. The interviews are the same, the news are the same, the tension is the same and even the disappointment is the same. Waizing for GP4 is like waiting for GP3, is like waiting for GP3 2000, just as waiting for GP5 will be like this now. We all have great expactation every time Crammond announces a new game but as soon as the first real info sticks out its ugly head to face the daylight of this forum, we know that they have been taking us for a ride again. Since it all repeats itself I came up with The Vader Catechism of Grand Prix Series Cliché - a kind of anthology where developers of the Crammond series can find material for further interviews.

When will the game be out?
Somewhere around June.

When will new features be implemented?
They will be implemented in the next version.

Why will there be no internet support?
Because Infogrames does not have the licence.

What further reason is given for that?
No other F1 has internet support either.

What will the graphics be compared to the last version?
A great step forward.

What does this mean?
They are still using the same engine, just tweaked it a bit.

Why will they not change certain things?
Out of respect for the history of the series.

What does Crammond really know about what the fans want?
S*hit

Will we buy GP4 despite of these alarming news?
We will, since we are obviously in need of some treatment, involving slaps in the face to wake up

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: catechism of GPx cliché
Date: March 29, 2002 01:40AM
Posted by: realsim
I gotta agree with you there mate!
I've done my homework on GP4 (checked out all the screenshots and read many previews) and I have not seen or read anything that is "whetting my appetite". GP4 looks like it's just gonna be a slightly jazzed up version of GP3 I'm sorry to say.

My view is if your gonna spend all those resources on creating a game it should be a considerable improvement on its predecessor. Great games like Half Life and Deux Ex had a development cycle of at least 3-4 years. GP4's development cycle is probably at the most 2 years.

Perhaps Geoff should bite the bullet and hire some new talent to create his GP series. Talent like the brilliant folk who created GP500 which still looks brilliant and runs like a dream AND feels spot on.

Check out the preview for GP4 at this web site, [gp4.alphaf1.com]

To me it sounds like GP4 is being rushed out to meet a deadline and as always it's the humble consumer who pays for it!
Re: catechism of GPx cliché
Date: March 29, 2002 03:17AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Hmmm but we do have to remember that none of us would be here without GP4 and juding by the length of thime we have stayed here you have to agree it must be a good game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy