New info .... by Alpha

Posted by AlexPollini 
New info .... by Alpha
Date: March 28, 2002 12:02AM
Posted by: AlexPollini
[www.racesim.net]

There will be no safety cars, stop and go penalties, warm-up laps or any new features like that, because they have only have limited time to work with the game and they wanted to concentrate on the new graphics engine. They'll add more features to their future releases.

There will be no Internet play, because the FOM license doesn't allow it. They also don't know how to implement it properly, so they wouldn't add it anyway. Nick also reminded that their competitors don't have the Internet play support neither, so it isn't a big problem for them.

When asked about the Playstation 2 version, the official comment is "no comments". It means that they don't confirm it, but they don't deny it either. My personal guess is that they are at least considering the possibility of making such version, but nothing has yet been confirmed
Re: New info .... by Alpha
Date: March 28, 2002 02:21AM
Posted by: CMJH69

' There will be no safety cars, stop and go penalties, warm-up
laps or any new features like that, because they have only
have limited time to work with the game and they wanted to
concentrate on the new graphics engine. They'll add more
features to their future releases.'

:( Bollocks

Date: March 28, 2002 02:32AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Well that sucks. So this is GP3 2000 with a souped grapihcs engine?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 28, 2002 02:48AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Well it shouldn't really be a surprise or a disappointment. Safety car would be nice, but are you really concerned about that? It wouldn't be implemented properly, it would be bound to go wrong at some point, like coming out at totally unnecessary times....etc.

Stop and Go - well wouldn't it just really piss you off if you were going round the first corner, challenging for the lead, and you thought you'd left enough room for the guy on the inside, but you hadn't, and you got a stop and go penalty for the collision. A lot of people here have objections about penalties in the real thing, so is it really worth being disappointed over them not being included? I could guarentee that you would get really pissed off with them after a while.

Warm-up laps were a feature I was hoping would be included, but again, there are so many things that could go wrong. Lining up in your grid-slot - Fisichella has shown us that it ain't as easy as it looks, and I bet, more often than not, that you'd end up wonky or you'd over-shoot, and you'd get one of those bloody penalties that you are beginning to wish weren't included after all.

You really are a bunch of miserable pessimists :) j/k

But seriously, lighten up and enjoy what is inevitably going to be an awesome game...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 28, 2002 04:09AM
Posted by: genesis
"Stop and Go - well wouldn't it just really piss you off if you were going round the first corner, challenging for the lead, and you thought you'd left enough room for the guy on the inside, but you hadn't, and you got a stop and go penalty for the collision."

Isn't that just what happened in Malaysia?? We want that kind of stuff!! If what you said actually happens then it would be realistic.
Date: March 28, 2002 04:32AM
Posted by: chris
But is TOTAL realism what we really want?

I mean, all these features would slow the racing down, eg youre having a great race with JPM or MS for 1st for the last 10 laps or so, suddenly the safety car comes out because Alex Yoong at the back of the field has spun and there's debris...BUGGER. The field closes up, at the restart Kimi gets past you and MS/JPM pull away, you come 3rd.

See what I mean? I personally don't mind that these features arent included, as Alex says, too much stuff could go wrong.

Chris J

Colin McRae rally 2.0 RULES!!!
Date: March 28, 2002 05:12AM
Posted by: Vader
If I get a game with the gameplay of 2000 Addon and the look of the screenshots I am quite satisfied. ALex is right. Better no safety car than having it spoil the game. And we need room for further improvements in GP5.

... besides what would we have left to complain about here, if everything was the way we wanted?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 06:04AM
Posted by: Charlie
damn i really wanted a formation lap and the session where you have a certain amount of time to go and and line your car up on the grid.

but hey one of my wishes as been answered and that is starting from the pit garage in practise and qualifying. that is going to be wicked.

Date: March 28, 2002 06:04AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
im really disappointed with this news but all i have to look at them gp4 screenshots!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Date: March 28, 2002 07:23AM
Yo Sup

I wanted jump starts penalties, not for blocking or stuff like that, just for jump starts.

The safey car in F199 has never done anything wrong and i think the PC could cope with a saftey car better than a PS could. It comes out when theres a decently large accident and stays out for only one lap. So its not too annoying. It could also come out when its pouring rain.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 28, 2002 07:37AM
Is it only in the PS version of F199 or in the OC version as well? AND: Are we talking about F199 by Psygnosis?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 09:36AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
F199 = the biggest load of @!#$ i have ever bought (but it did have a safety car, but that hardly every came out )

BTW Vader do you hace an OC i've been wanting to ge one for some time, how much do they cost ;)

Date: March 28, 2002 10:02AM
OCs can be very expansive around here. It means "Oxygen Computers" and was originally developed for the NASA in order to work in vacuum. Working with an OC can be quite dangerous, because oxygen is highly imflammable.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 10:40AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
expansive? >you mean expensive?
inflammable? > you mean flammable?

Anyway where did you get yours from? Nasa? Toys r us?

Date: March 28, 2002 12:34PM
Now listen to me you little meddlesome jackanapes:
Just set fire to a tank of oxygen and you'll soon find out how expansive the whole thing gets. As for inflammable: my Advanced Oxford English Dictionary tells me there is nothing wrong with the word. Flammable, inflammable, combustable, they all basically mean the same. If you put against me using the wrong prefix (*im instead of *in) I might point out that I had my keyboard switched to ZA - language (afrikaans) where "m" and "n"-keys swap places.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 28, 2002 01:50PM
Posted by: Xero
First off... Vader!!! What you on about?!? You completley changes the subject!!!...again! :)

As for GP4;
There are some that are disappointed those things aren't in the game, and then there's those who have doubts about those features. Here's what I think...

- Real penalties are a big disappointment! Where people like Alex think it would cause problems, I would disagree. It all goes down to AI... this is the strong point of the game which they boast about! They CAN make this successful! This includes safety car, jumpstarts etc..

- Formation Lap... well, yes and no! The idea of parking your car on the grid before the race starts sounds great! There are problems though... like overshooting... which could be sorted by having the CPU control your car as you approach your slot... but that defeats the purpose of it. I think this would only be in the game (or GP5 as the case now is) if they had alot of spare time on their hands... which they don't!

- The gfx... WOW! People say it's just gonna be GP3 2000 with better graphics... I HOPE SO!!! Why is that a bad thing?! And the truth is, it aint just better gfx! It's got great features!!!

-In qualifying, you drive your car in and out of the garage!!! You watch your monitor and can watch others drive (like in real life!) instead of watching boring text change every 15 mins!! I heard you can toggle the monitor to look at qualifying positions, sector times etc., car data, car set-up, and a map of the circuit with all driver positions so you can time it to get clear space on track! COOL! It's also possible to drive into the pits during a race and go straight into the garage to retire! Then we have the full pit crews (which look amazing!) as well as fully animated on track marshalls... like several marshalls pulling a retired car off the circuit! (unlike Clark Kent from GP3 who somehow manages to drag it off with ease!!)

Stuff like that are gonna make this game F%$KIN' AMAZING!!!!

sorry for the essay! ;)
Date: March 28, 2002 02:09PM
Yo Sup

F199 wasnt the worst, F198 was!

Yeah Vader, you guessed what game it was. If a PS can have it why couldnt a pc?

Date: March 28, 2002 02:11PM
Posted by: Charlie
yeap i agree as i said i am really looking forward to the practise qualifying arrangement where you drive into the garage. hey zero is it true you can actually look at cars on the track through the monitor?

Date: March 28, 2002 07:04PM
Posted by: Rupert
Oh well, I will repeat what I wrote in the LS's thread.

"Holy @!#$, so am I. Sorry for the language, but this is @#$%&E.D.

"The damages are exactly the same as in GP3 2000 (at least I didn't notice any difference), so no improvements in this area."

That is OK, but still it isnt the greatest. Why are they carrying things across from GP3????

"However, they are still using the old "2d" track format seen in all the previos games."

This is SO out of date it isnt funny! It chews up processing power completely, and is frankly awful looking!

"There aren't any new car setup options since GP3 2000."

Groan....... it is getting worse by the minute. You cannot change camber settings, the gear ratios are stuffed, you cant do a final drive ratio either. The wing settings are unrealistic from 1 to 20, you need bigger.

"You cannot change the speed limiter manually and pit exit lights won't work, because penalties aren't implemented."

For @#$%& sake, what is wrong with them? It is so unrealistic driving without speed limiter and exit lights. They are saying that they are trying to recreate the 2001 season in full detail. So they just leave penalties out?

"There won't be any new extra features such safety cars, red flags, jumps starts, penalties, warm-up lap and extra practise before the race, because they don't have any time to implement them.."

Why the @!#$ then dont they hold the game back, so they can improve it???? GP3 was unfinished when it came out, and it looks as though it was going to be the same again. Unrealistic.

"According to Court, GC is doing just fine and has still the passion to continue with future Grand Prix games."

Yeah, cause he doesnt have to do anything. All he does is the bloody physics, which are unchanged.

I am really, really disappointed by this. Why? Because I bought F1 2001 yesterday. It was the best decision I made in my F1 gaming career. Why? Because it has so many 'little things' that add up to make a good game.

- A training mode in two and three seater cars at certain tracks, which is good to learn the game.

- Different carshapes and steering wheels for each team.

- Very good feedback via an LCD display on the steering wheel. You can change your pitstop strategy, change wing values, choose if you want to repair damage at next pit stop, etc. You can get info on each tyre temperature. You can see the certain damage aspects of the car.

- You have a speed limiter in the pits, that you can activate manually. There are pit exit lights. You have lots of radio feedback from the team, which is good.

- The graphics engine is ultra smooth, and you rarely get frame rate drops. You have a wealth of camera options, like T-Cam, and the on track cameras are amazing.

- You have many other car setup options, like changing camber settings for tyres, you have a final drive ratio which you can change, you can even set the ratio for reverse gear! There are seven gears....

- From in the cockpit view, you can see the suspension moving, which is a cool little addition.

- The tracks are very detailed, just as much as Larry's Canada track. There is lots more camber changes in the tracks. The bumps are very realistic. For example, Brazil has always known to be bumpy, and it is. You dont just drive over the bumps, you feel them. And they slow you down.

- The physics are quite good, maybe not as good as GP3's, but still good. In slower corners the cars sometimes suffer from chronic understeer, but that is about it.

- The game modes are quite good, the same as GP3s, plus the driving school. And you Test Days, (practice), you can have the option of having other cars there as well. You drive out of the garage.......

- You can adjust steering lock in the car setup menu, you have all of the flags implemented, you can be disqualifyed for driving carelessly and backwards. There isnt traction control, but there are lots of aids for rookies. You can have steering assistance on low, high or off.
Opposite Lock Assistance, on or off.
Braking point distance, low, high or off.
Stability assistance, low, high or off.
Spin recovery assitance, low, high or off.
Invulnerability, low, high or off.
Shifting assitance, on or off.
Throttle assitance, low, high or off.
Anti-lock braking assitance, low, high or off.
Pit lane assitance, on or off.
Clutch assitance, on or off.
With clutch assitance off, you can stall your car on the grid or anywhere around the track.

I have only been playing it for a day, so I am yet to drive on all the tracks or see all of the features fully. I have to pinch myself, saying is this an EA game? It is, and it is brilliant. And more than brilliant is the GT Mod available, which turns it into a brand new game.

I wont buy GP4, I will buy F1 2002, and I will laugh at you people stuck with 2D tracks, no red flags, no stop/go penalties etc.....

Do YOURSELF a favour. Buy F1 2001, or 2002 when it comes out, and stay away from the GP series because frankly, they dont know how to make games.

Have a nice day.

Rupert."

There, dwell on that for a second.
How to make cheese
Date: March 28, 2002 09:09PM
Xero -
First off... Vader!!! What you on about?!? You completley changes the subject!!!...again! :)

Sorry for that. I will not do it again. So - it's back to the topic? Okay, what was the topic? Ah yes, judging from the headline it is How to make cheese. So here we go:

Cheese is especially difficult to make because of the difficulty of finding what is called a starter -- the bacteria culture added to the milk to start the curd formation. It is possible to make cheese without a starter, but the starter is what gives different cheeses their distinctive flavor, and without one the cheese almost always ends up tasting like pot cheese, more commonly known as farmer's cheese or cottage cheese.

To make cheese: Take a hell of a lot of milk (10 gallons will make less then 1/2 a gallon of cheese) and cook it slowly on the stove. For flavorful cheese, it is best to use unpasturized milk, which is almost impossible to buy and must be obtained from a cow, or goats milk, which tastes good even when pasturized. As the curds form, add a cube or two of rennet, found at most specialty stores. This will cause the curds to coagulate. Constantly stirring the curds at this point will give you something more like mozzerella, which can be great. Instead, let the curds for naturally for something more like a jack cheese. Let the curds cook until you aresatisfied with your yield, and then remove, placing them in cheese cloth and allowing them to drain. Then press into a mold.

Before you begin this adventure, remember that the reason there are 1000's of varieties of cheese is because there are 1000's of variations on the process outlined above. Whatever the case, good luck--you'll
need it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy