been playing F1RC for a bit

Posted by LS. 
been playing F1RC for a bit
Date: March 24, 2002 05:07PM
Posted by: LS.
loaded up my F1RC for a bit of a change (not played it for abou 6 months)

and i was amazed at the features in it that are'nt included in gp3 2000 season.

starting from pit garage ( and really having to over rev the engine to get it to engage forst gear)

getting penalised for jump starts at the start of a race

having a rev limiter for the pitlane

having bendable suspension for the wheels

pit lane speeding punishment

t-cam view

muliple camera angles that are'nt in gp3 and some that are ahve been done better

animated pitcrew

GPS track modelling (eau rouge is awesome)

rumble effect when driving over the rumble strips

proper smoke and dust effects

proper 3d graphic acceleration

being able to force a opponent car into a mistake

tyre tempretures

22 player lan option

track detail of 1.5 kms ahead

individual carshapes, inside and out of the cockpit

skid marks that are left on the track during a gp weekend (starting from practice on friday, that are still visible after 2 days)

and you can get it for a tenner now

The rain effects are nowhere near as good as gp3, niether is the forcefeedback (apart from the rumble effect on the rumble strips)

but when you play it with either a gamepad or keyboard its as good as gp3 controller wise.

i'm not saying that its better than gp3 buts it still a good game,

one of the things i do like (and i've mentioned theis gripe before about gp3) is the pick up from the engine.
Gp3 is far too slow, where as F1RC is spot on

i'm hoping that gp4 blows this away. but i will be severly pissed off we find that any of these features posted above are omitted from gp4

heres a few shots from the game (providing they work)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: been playing F1RC for a bit
Date: March 24, 2002 05:09PM
bummer some of the pics did'nt work

but you can see what we can look forward to in gp4

eau rouge looks like it should in F1RC so we can hopefully expect the same in gp4

when you drive from the t-cam view its exactly as in real lfe on-board footage

my mouths watering at the prospect already

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 24, 2002 05:12PM

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 24, 2002 05:20PM

Not bad at all considering that this is now a year old is it??

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 24, 2002 05:22PM
every picture is from the game ( i have seen them myself) but the particular favourites of mine are track graphics, especially the kerbing

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 24, 2002 06:07PM
been looking at the track graphics of gp4 compared to F1RC and gp4 don't look as good IMHO

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 25, 2002 12:24AM
Posted by: Zaahir
YEAH!!!! I think F1RC is better than gp3, just because of the GPS track detail. the ai really sucks though, but the tracks are SO BLOODY realistic its unbelievable. also the little things that make it better (jump starts, manual clutch system, TOTAL manual pit control, proper penalties, etc). If GP4 or even GP5 doesnt improve on these things, I'm afraid i'll still be loyal to F1RC.
Date: March 25, 2002 12:38AM
hey, what are your laptimes like?
Date: March 25, 2002 03:05AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I have a demo of this game and I always thought it was quite[/b[ good. Yes, the track deatail, graphics and layout are brilliant (Monza is great in the demo) - but like so many others it just fails when it comes to gameplay. Whenever I ride a kerb the car spins wildly out of control, and any kind of acceleration in the middle of a corner results in the rear tyres lighting up and you pointing in the r=wrong direction. I don't know if it was just me being a terrible driver but I just didnt likeit. I thought it was a shame because the graphics were amazing considering how old the game is...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 25, 2002 04:05AM
Posted by: Bm
zaahir .... you asked for times right , I only drove in australia for one hour and my time was 1.25.8xx and the computer time was 1.27.9xx , well It was unrealistic , that why I donĀ“t play f1rc. but Yes boba , the graphics and gps modelling . etc are amazing .. but the gameplay is a sh.. and it is very easy to make the fastest times when we learn the track !
Date: March 25, 2002 07:51AM
Posted by: Vader
F1RC tracks look awesome. You have so much detail there. In the TV-style view you can even see (in Suszaka or GB for example) those footpaths beside the road that (McLaren)drivers ususally have to take ontheir way from the engine-failure back to the pits.

The carshpes are horrible. IMHO the cars look as bold as tanks.

And what I really don't want to see in any serious F1-sim is this HUD display. I don't like it, it is arcardish and completely spoils the fun of playing F!RC. For the same reason I only hope the t-cam shots from GP4 I have seen so far show the x-box version or these onscreen displays can be switched off. Leave HUD for Eidos or Lankhurst. Infogrames and Ubi-Soft: Please leave them out.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 25, 2002 09:08AM
Posted by: Habi
"being able to force a opponent car into a mistake"

You think? probably it was just a mistake, AI in F1RC sux big time so... :)

Date: March 25, 2002 11:30AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
lol @ ha.. oh sorry [GPxC]CrappY_KiLLeR

i agree with you!
i have F1rc and the first time i played it, it was raing and i won!!!!!..... wait though BECAUSE for 10 laps 18 cars were stopped on the track and wouldnt MOVE! and the almost miraculously they started driving again!

Date: March 25, 2002 02:14PM
Posted by: Habi
LOL, you can still call me Habi ;)

Date: March 25, 2002 03:02PM
Posted by: _Alex_
There's no doubt that those tracks are awesome. However, if that used GPS, there's no reason why Gp4's shouldn't be every bit as good :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 25, 2002 04:12PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
Date: March 26, 2002 07:15AM
well, the times may be unrealistic, but the gameplay is kewl. i got 1:22.804 for melbourne which is defintitely unrealistic, but as long as it is competitive compared to other drivers (dont compare urself to the real drivers - its impossible) its just fine. AND YES! THAT AI IS FRIGGIN PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy