little things that need to be in gp4...

Posted by Muttley 
little things that need to be in gp4...
Date: March 19, 2002 02:48PM
Posted by: Muttley
what does everyone think about these ideas? these things have always irritated me in gp2/3:

1) when you are qualifying, cars on in/out laps should move out of your way instead of blocking you or trying to overtake you

2) when a car has an engine failure/oil leak it should pull straight off the track instead of driving round for ages holding all the cars up behind it

3) In qualifying, the cars should go out in "real" f1 order eg minardis go out and set a time first

4) some sort of teamwork, eg if you are leading the championship and need to win the last race, your team-mate won't try and overtake you.

what does everyone think?
Re: little things that need to be in gp4...
Date: March 19, 2002 02:51PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Agree with 1. I have had many a lap spolit by a slow as Prost

2 - not all drivers pull of. Panis in 95 OZ springs to mind cos he still got 2nd, and RB USA 2001. But yeah most of the time they do.

3 - no real point, i skip through qualifying, trying to choose a good time for a lap

4 - would be interesting. But barrichello would be disappointed if that happnes :p

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 19, 2002 03:04PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Yeah i agree with you Ian. Teamwork has to be in GP4, it will make it so much better. Out of all the 'little things' you mentioned above Team work is top of my list- although I agree with the others. :)

In gp3 when your lapping cars, do they actually move over when they get the blue flag/light?
I've never really thought about it. I would test this out but im round my mates house and he aint got GP3!! (Stupid Boy) :)

If they dont then GP4 should have that, GP4 should have FULL rules but I doubt it will. So thats why im off to get NASCAR 2002 tomorrow, so I can enjoy full racing rules. Even if it does mean driving around in circles alot !!! :)

Laters!

:)

Date: March 19, 2002 03:10PM
Posted by: Vader
What would be good as well is some kind of simulating the development during a season, that means your car will have more power or better aerodynamics at the end of the season. Or some developments could turn out to be a step back (it might be random if these changes are for better or worse)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 19, 2002 03:10PM
Hell, what kind of syntax is that? We definitely NEED an edit-feature

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 19, 2002 04:24PM
Posted by: genesis
A safety car undoubtedly. You can create the most hurrendous crash and a yellow flag waves for about 5 seconds.
As a follow on, the red flag should be introduced. The car's should have to make their way back to the grid etc.
And what about being able to control your car on a formation lap? This isn't possible on any F1 game in history, and is important for creating atmosphere.

Cai
Date: March 19, 2002 05:06PM
Posted by: Xero
I'm sure cars will let you past if they are on an out/in lap in GP4... on of the things they are bragging about in GP4 is the AI! If it's as good as they say it is, them im pretty sure this will be in!!

As far as team orders go... sounds a good idea... doubt it very much though! Maybe GP5!

I have heard career mode will not be included this time round, but looks likely for GP5! This would include car improvements during the season, consecitive seasons, and transfers... stuff like that! What would be cool would be if you were asked to trial for a certain team, and were asked to attend a test run at their home circuit! (or pre-season test circuits) If you are fast enough, they would offer you a contract! A bit far fetched, but possible never-the-less!

Formation laps sound great and i'm all for them, but I doubt they will be included! I do think however that we could see a formation lap controlled by the CPU whilst the starting grid is shown. (like F12001 and Formula 1 2001 for example)

Sorry for the essay! Had quite a bit to say! :) GP4 is gonna kick some major a$$!!! Can't wait!
Date: March 19, 2002 06:04PM
Posted by: LS.
what about, if your not in the optimum points scoring postion your team mate pulls over and gifts you more points that you were unable to score on your own?

or the car that your racing against in the final race tries to force you off the track in a bid to win the world title?

:-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 19, 2002 10:44PM
Wait a minute, what was it again?

Author: BOBA LS (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: 09-05-01 22:25

ferrari today unveild there new revision to the 2001 f1 car for rubens barrichello. the new design incorperates a 12 ft wide rear to it, to help block potential race winners whilst schumi is running 1st and barrichello 2nd confirmed experts in maranello

[www.php-service.de]

That'll be a good feature. Btw, whatwever happened to BOBA LS, I wonder?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 19, 2002 11:38PM
Posted by: al_pacman
I think they could do better things than that but i like the teamwork part
Date: March 20, 2002 02:02AM
Posted by: LS.
I have been watching the forum from a galxy far far away,

its not much fun being slowed digested for a thousand years i can tell you,

and you wanna try climbing out of sarlaac, with all those sodding tentacles grabbing at you

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 20, 2002 02:33AM
Posted by: Rupert
I want one thing that would make my day: 7 Gears.
Date: March 20, 2002 07:04AM
Posted by: Habi
Good ideas, but some are not so easy to do. You have to look at this situation from developer's view...

Date: March 20, 2002 07:33AM
I try, but I can't get my head deep enough up my ars*.

I think I saw that somewhere here from someone.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 20, 2002 10:08AM
Posted by: _Alex_
And get that damage modelling system sorted out. I want fragile bodywork, crumple zones, crumpling tyre barriers, and if you hit a car hard in the back, you should go flying over it (Ralf anyone...?) rather than stopping like you've hit a great lump of steel. And little bits of carbon fibre debris flying everywhere too. That would make it for me...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 20, 2002 11:39AM
And please no pinball effect if you hit these mock-tyres-walls. MS did not bounce around like a rubberball in UK 99, zigzagging over the track and back. What about flat tyres?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 20, 2002 12:08PM
Posted by: Triton
i think we started dreaming again..
and another thing...
Date: March 20, 2002 12:39PM
Posted by: Muttley
there was a stupid bug in gp3 that meant whoever was the last driver in the game, eg zonta in 2000, burti in 2001, they are always ridiculously slow in wet qualifying, around 15s off the pace. hope this is sorted out!
Date: March 21, 2002 06:40AM
Posted by: Rainey
1.) A penalty for crossing the Pit Lane exit line.
2.) Stop go/drive through penalties for jump starts, passing under caution, dangerous driving and the rest.
3.) Slippery grass instead of the current 'bouncy' grass, wheels loose traction on the grass.
4.) Realistic damage sensitivity, for example, 99% of the time you touch someone's rear, the front wing will be torn from your car.
5.) Tyre barriers engulf the cars, instead of rebounding them away.
6.) Cars don't roll like pieces of paper (rocking back and forth upside down in GP3 looked bad), the videos look like this is already corrected.
7.) Warm up lap, which you control and then have to manually stop on your grid position.
8.) Catchment fences on the tracks. Would also make some crashes look more realistic, because in GP3 some of the cars would fly up and hit the invisible barrier above the wall.
9.) Oil leaks result in a streak of visable oil following the car that it occured to, and would be slippery to drive on for 3 or so laps, yellow flags would remain out if there is no safety car, which brings me to my final point.....
10.) SAFETY CAR!
Date: March 21, 2002 06:53AM
Back in the good ol' days of ye aulde phorum I once suggested that it would be nice to have the possibility to choose a rolling start behind the safety car (like Spa 2000). I admit that would not add to the atmosphere of F1, but I was thinking about all those ppl who like to play a CART season. (Anyway, since you can have rolling starts in F1, Geoff could as well implement them. You wouldn't be forced to use it if you don't want it)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy