No more...

Posted by Hendrik De Graeve 
No more...
Date: March 18, 2002 08:14AM
Posted by: Hendrik De Graeve
Hi,

Now they (GP4) are letting us wait. It is already al long time since we heard something. Don't ya think?

PLEASE START GIVING MORE PICS OF GP4 Geoff!!!!!!!!!

Bye

Hendrik
Re: No more...
Date: March 18, 2002 09:49AM
Posted by: CMJH69
Calm down..... We have a few months to release anyways!! :)

Date: March 19, 2002 08:36AM
Posted by: Vader
And I still recall trying out my selfmade rubber dinghy for the first time that day. I build it all myself from a couple of old tyres, my great-grandma's milking apron and some plumber's helper for stability reasons. Those were the day<s!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 19, 2002 09:24AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I was in Germany, eating bratworst mit pommes. Strange how things stick in your mind........................................................

Date: March 19, 2002 12:36PM
LOL Chris.
That was a good one. I know Bratwurst is worse than anything else, so why not calling it Bratworst. And they really stick in your mind, at least at your palate. Did you have your "pommes" with myonnaise or ketchup? At least we don't have this anti-delicatessen attrocity "brown sauce" taht you have with your chips.

Rememer the lecture on "false friends" I gave a couple of weeks ago? Chips is another one. You say chips and mean french fries and we say Chips to crisps. That reminds me that I haven't had proper Walker's salt & vinegar crisps for a long time (since 99 when I was in Inverness, but that's another story).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2006 11:15PM by Vader.
Date: March 19, 2002 01:46PM
Posted by: _Alex_
chris, could you not use the first 5 seconds of commentary from the 1998 french grand prix. I remeber it for some reason as well

Are you a McLaren fan by any chance ;-) ?

The start of that race proved in my mind that McLaren had been using some kind of special launch control software that gave them a real advantage over the others at the start. This software "self-destructed" immediately after the getaway. At the first start the McLarens romped away off the line in procession as expected. Of course there was a restart - someone stalled I think. This is when Ron Dennis started moaning, for he new full well that his launch control software was now useless. And LO - the lights go out a second time and whoosh, Irvine flashes past the McLarens and Schumacher is already well into the lead into the first corner. Surprise, surprise. Dennis is foiled again. And then people accuse Ferrari of being cheats. Cuh!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 19, 2002 06:10PM
Posted by: LS.
it's called engine mapping mate, and it would seem that mclaren had the better version but not the most reliable one.

to suggest that mclaren were using it and not ferrari is bit of a suprise, it would be curlish not to think that ferarri and other teams were using it too

look how the jordans were stranded at a few races

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 19, 2002 10:36PM
LS - are you hinting at the possibilty that Ferrari - *shudder* - cheats??? Are you nuts man? God's own team and cheating? They may bend the rules, yes, but the rest is not cheating. We at the Maranello Fan Club prefer to call it team strategy.

Ferrari cheating, ssssssss
(shakes his head to show his disbelieve, stage exit left)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 20, 2002 10:24AM
it's called engine mapping mate

Yes, and it was illegal. In anticipating the wheel-spin, it was effectively a rather primative traction-control system. The whole point that it self-destructed goes to show that McLaren did not wish for it to be discovered.

There a very blurred lines between legality and illegality in the F1 rule book, and while many teams do develop systems that bend the rules, some take it too far and do break them. In my opinion McLaren have done that on several occasions. *cough* 3rd pedal *cough*

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 20, 2002 10:58AM
Posted by: LS.
the 3rd pedal was only banned because other teams complained, so it was'nt illegal

ron dennis made me smile when he said " rather than rise to the technical challenge it would seem that some teams would rather have a device banned"

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 21, 2002 10:21AM
Well no it wasn't David because Villeneuve wasn't up at the front of the grid in 1998 anyway was he? At Jerez 97 Villeneuve and Schumacher were along side each other on the grid, and Schumi got a great start, thats why Murray was excited. It was not France 1998. Perhaps you'd better get those tapes checked out ;-)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy