Official Timing

Posted by Vader 
Official Timing
Date: March 12, 2002 07:29AM
Posted by: Vader
I am quite sure GP4 will be THE F1 simulation (at least until GP5 is out) but from time to time things I see or read about me gives me the creeps (in no positive way). I just found an article in german mag Gamestar where it says: Official timings can be seen in the replay mode. That means NO official timing in game. If this is really true, I think a it must be considerd a little drawback, since again we have to rely on non-Microprose artists to get the game we have to pay for.

AND: please look at this perspective. Is it from Guliiver's travels? An Arrows followed by two toycars? I hope it is some RCR-distance feature here at work that can be disabled.

Still - to make this absolutely clear - I'll be the first to buy this game no matter waht it looks like. I never really understood why ppl thought (or still think) EA or Ubi-Soft are a match to Carmmond and co.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: Official Timing
Date: March 12, 2002 07:32AM
[...] things I see or read about me gives me the creeps [...]

Tell me something about "Freudian slip". Not things I read about me gives me the creeps (well okay, sometimes they do) but things I see or read about it, i.e. Grand Prix 4.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 12, 2002 09:02AM
Posted by: LS.
Official timings can be seen in the replay mode. That means NO official timing in game. If this is really true, I think a it must be considerd a little drawback, since again we have to rely on non-Microprose artists to get the game we have to pay for.

its abit arcadey having the timing barriers appear whilst in the cockpit view though is'nt it?

geoff crammond has always pointed to the fact that in real life a timing barrier does'nt appear if front of the driver, he either relies on info via his steering wheel or the pits will inform him of the laptime/ how far ahead he is or behind.

hopefully we might see this being implemented in gp4 i.e more pit to radio

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 12, 2002 09:40AM
Posted by: _Alex_
An Arrows followed by two toycars?

I'd say it is two cars following a giant Arrows. It's difficult to tell - all the other screenshots look just fine...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 12, 2002 12:55PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Yeah Alex, the Arrows does look slightly big

Maybe its changed from 5mm to 5m :p

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 12, 2002 11:54PM
Posted by: al_pacman
The Timing bars should come up in the gameplay but not in the cockpit. only in outside view.

Like Gpx patch
Date: March 13, 2002 07:55AM
[...] that in real life a timing barrier does'nt appear if front of the driver [...]
They really do not? Silly me, I always thought they did.

[...] he either relies on info via his steering wheel [...]
I would like to rely on that data, too, if any useful data was displayed. The wheel of my private car does offer more info than those of GP3. Hopefull that will change with GP4. Judging from gp3ness of the wheel-design I have my doubts.

Okay, you have won. NO timing in cockpit view, but PLEASE timing when I watch a race in TV-style-view (after being blackflagged for overtaking a Ferrari in my Williams from above).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy