just noticed somethinhg else rather cool in the video

Posted by LS. 
just noticed somethinhg else rather cool in the video
Date: March 11, 2002 02:10PM
Posted by: LS.
look at the virtual cockpit mode, when it shows you from the arrows crash helmet,

its in the rain and you can see rain droplets hitting your visor,

go on, go and watch it again and come back here and tell me how cool is it that?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
wow what a game will that be!!!
Here are some slightly clearer shots...

I think this is the one you're refering to LS? You can clearly see the specs of rain on the visor, and the visor strip, and the cushioning on the inside of the helmet even! Great stuff!

This game is going to kick some serious ass...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Re: just noticed somethinhg else rather cool in the video
Date: March 11, 2002 04:13PM
i went on to high gear forum, which in the f12001 section they're forever slagging gp3 and geoff crammond off.

theres a post about the latest video of gp4, and what a suprise they're saying goodbye f12001 hello gp4.

rats deserting a sinking ship springs to mind

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 11, 2002 06:21PM

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 11, 2002 06:27PM

LS's Tip of the week
Hi all

You can mark my words: "the video is the Xbox version of GP4"

I desperately don't want to believe that, but be honest if you look at when EA brought out the promotional video of F1 2001, it was the PS2 version. On that video you saw things like rain drops on the TV screens; drivers tearing of strips from the visor, reflections on the helmets, team crew showing time boards on the pit wall; pit babes etc. This was obviously done to "show off" the game. These features was not available on the PC version, which already had very high PC requirements. I think Geoff Grammond is doing the same thing in order to "show off" his game.

Because Xbox is more powerfull than the average PC, you can do a lot more. I don't think the raindrops on the visor and other small graphic eyecandy will be on the PC version. Even the in-game menu system in the video clips is that of a typical console game.

Please just don't think I'm being anti-Geoff/GP4 or something. I am a big fan and I have all his grandprix games. I just think that the PC guys shouldn't get too excited over the latest screenshots and video.

If someone can tell me for a fact that the video clip was from the PC version and not from Xbox, then I will become a 5 year old kid and go jump on my bed from excitement.

Thanx

Vrystaat se SON is gif!!! en die HAEL is moerse groot!!!
Hi

Start jumpin', this video is taken from the PC NOT the Xbox.

Regards.
also, noticed somethings else quite cool, when ur in the t-cam view, u can still see the rpm leds light up on the steering wheel, no thats detail!!

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
I think its from xbox but i hope the graphix will be as good as in that film when using full graphix on PC!!!
Date: March 12, 2002 10:36AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Errr has anyone else noticed that there are no crowds at all in the video.

its also says "work in progress"
Maybe the crowd is Geoff's secret weapon. They could have motion-captured a whole load of people and it could be ultra-realistic, with banners, flags, people standing up and cheering and stuff.

OR it could be just a plain old 2d crowd which hasn't been done yet

Bazza

I hate to say this but this graphics have to be Xbox as on the set up of the car screen the set up of the wing is on a slider bar. That looks a bit console type of stuff to me. Not to diss the game at all, I really want the PC to have equally special effects. (he says with fingers crossed:)

Cheers
griffo
Yo Sup

The Jordan front wing is clearly off-centre :S

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 12, 2002 01:08PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ahhh thats because its taken a slight knock whilst it was overtaking the sauber behind it ;)

Yo Sup

heehee, nice excuess ;)

But why isnt the sauber nose-cone white? I thought it was more white than that, actaully i know its more white than that

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
prost maybe?

and DONT EVER MOCK JORDAN! mock trulli if u want! :)

Yo Sup

Jordans side pods are much much more rectangular than this

Maybe the crowd is Geoff's secret weapon. They could have motion-captured a whole load of people and it could be ultra-realistic, with banners, flags, people standing up and cheering and stuff.

yep they are Bazza i read it on some preview! cant rememberwhat one though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy