Re: anybody seen this???
Date: March 08, 2002 06:05PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Well we still seem to have a genric steering wheel >:(

No crowed yet.

The car shapes look all pointly and sharp from those on board views

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 08, 2002 06:06PM
Posted by: LS.
You can also expect a non-playable demo movie to be posted soon!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 09, 2002 03:06AM
Posted by: chris
I WANT THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sniff* but I can't have it, so I'll just have to pick my chin up off the ground and look forward to its release.
btw if that's the box for it then I like it!
Chris J
Date: March 09, 2002 05:21AM
Posted by: _Alex_
That looks absolutely brillaint, much better than the X-Box screenies, despite the fact that the graphics aren't quite as smooth. I'm sure when it's running it will look nicer. What I am concerned about is that pic onboard the Minardi at what I assume is Suzuka - since when has there been a corner like that at Suzuka? I think they may have gone a little OTT on the gradient there, if it is the sweepers.

However, just look at the reflections on Alonso's helmet, and just the general onboard cam - it looks awesome...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 09, 2002 05:25AM
And get rid of those hideous on screen rev-counters and maps! We know where we are on the circuit thank you!!!!!!!

*says it in a joking tone* - I'm sure we can tune it to our preferrences :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 09, 2002 07:05AM
Yo Sup

I like that rev counter. I always use the outside views in GP3 and i dont like the GPx dials, so a new dial for outside is good cos when you do your own gears and stuff knowing the revs and gear number is improtant.

The map is probably there for beginners so i hope theres an option to turn it off.

"We know where we are on the circuit thank you!!!!!!!"

remember, they want to make the game for everyone, even beginners. Dont tell me you knew your way around all the F1 tracks when you got your first racing game? Its not really there for the experianced people.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 09, 2002 07:58AM
if the game circuits are modelled on gps data, that must be what the track looks like,

remember that those onboard camera shots we see on tv are from a special fish eye camera, and distort what is real

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 09, 2002 08:39AM
Posted by: Beardless2
take a look at the sauber screen shot, there is no map so i guess we can turn it off :)

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: March 09, 2002 12:40PM
Yo Sup

Actaully from watching onboard vidoes that looks bout right that corner in Suzuka. The corner we can see on the crest of the hill is the one where Irvine went around the outside of two cars. Remember that?

Date: March 09, 2002 02:14PM
Yeah you're right actually, I forget how steep that corner actually is. And well spotted Beardless, let's hope we can rid the screen of that abominable rev-counter too...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 09, 2002 02:19PM
i don't think the rev counter and circuit map will be in the pc version, its too arcadish, it'll be xbox

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 09, 2002 02:46PM
Posted by: Beardless2
i hope the rev counter is, i quite like it and i cant see myself driving alot with the t cam, but the map is useless for me.

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: March 09, 2002 03:07PM
Yo Sup

Having a rev counter is GOOD, we didnt have it other than the inside view in GP3 which sucked cos i dont like the cocpit view and needed to know revs, gear and speed.

It doesnt look too arcadish and if they take it out they better put in something else!

The map actaully doesnt look arcadish so this may not be XBox

Date: March 10, 2002 03:25AM
GP3 which sucked cos i dont like the cocpit view and needed to know revs, gear and speed.

Do the drivers have a big colourful graphic in the corner of their 'screen' when they're driving? They don't, they rely on the LEDs which indicate when they should be changing gear, and that is what I prefer to do. That's part of the skill. Although having said that of course, they have fully automatci gearboxs now - nevertheless, I'd rather it was as authentic as possible.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 10, 2002 03:29AM
These pictures are most definitely the PC version, you can just tell. The pic onboard Montoya was the X-Box version, as there were fewever 'sharp' edges on the graphics, and the general look of the shot just shouted CONSOLE. Of course, this is just my opinion, but the pics above look very much like PC graphics. If they are, then I cannot wait.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 10, 2002 04:48AM
Yo Sup

I didnt use the cocpit view, i used the one from the front wing, where you cant see any of the car as this gave me the lowest PO and fastest game play. They should put something on the outside views so that people can drive properly with them!!!!

Like you said Alex, they no longer rely on LCDs, they wouldnt even have to look at them anymore!!!

look in the big screen, theres a benetton on the grass

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy