ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: look at these different incarnations of f1 sims
Date: March 08, 2002 09:11AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
wow great collage, its very well done

Date: March 08, 2002 10:13AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Oh, the memories! That game "Warm-Up" - I have a demo of that, and bugger me it's not too bad actually. The grphics were super, but like so many other games, the physics and handling were just not quite right. I remember being very impressed with it though. Shame it didnt have a proper FIA license...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 08, 2002 10:26AM
Is it just me or does the real-life shot look worse than most of the others?

Date: March 08, 2002 12:38PM
Posted by: Vader
Oh, the memories! That game "Warm-Up" ?

How old is this warm-up anyway? I still remember this Mansell stuff. Must have something similar as Rom for my SNES-emu somewhere. But look how good Monaco Racing (RS2 or MGPRS2, if you like) still looks, judgng from the pit-buildings. I used to play this game (and of course F1RS) a lot. And PowerF1 wasn't all that bad, too. Nothiong to compare with the old UbiSoft stuff, but there you go ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 08, 2002 01:24PM
MGPRS2? Yeah i played that a lot.

Rene Smit made the editors and a certain Ralph Hummerich used to edit the cars and make them up to date, until GP3 came out i still think that i was the best f1 sim (apart from maybe GP2)

Recently though, no one is making addons any more (all the MGPRS2 community now works on GP3) so the game is fading away..............

Date: March 08, 2002 01:56PM
Posted by: bazza
My first ever F1 game appears in this list. I had 'vroom' for the atari. It was great, except that I took ages to work out how to refuel, which was pretty stupid.

Does everyone else's first F1 game appear here?

Bazza

Date: March 08, 2002 02:18PM
Posted by: chris
Yeah Bazza, mine does:
Nigel Mansell Racing for the Amiga 500, though my favourite racing game on amiga was stunt car racer. I believe Jed Stratton is working on a stunt car racer/gp3 conversion, which should be interesting!
Chris J
Date: March 08, 2002 03:02PM
Posted by: sega
"Enduro" for the Atari 2600. It wasn't exactly a F1 game but with racing cars anyway.

Then I got an F1 game for my first PC. I can't remember the name but it was from a company named Accolade. I used to play Indycar from Papyrus (that was good). After that i got GP2...

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: March 08, 2002 03:26PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

My First racing game was Formula One Grand Prix (or GP1) for the Amiga 1200. I loved it man! Ok, i mainly drove with brake assist but hey, i was little :). I done several full race distances and several full championships and when you were as young as i was in a game which you couldnt save the games this was amazing :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy