Grand Prix 4

Posted by Triton 
Grand Prix 4
Date: February 23, 2002 11:23PM
Posted by: Triton
i have both games.. gp3 and f1 2001
gp3 beats the hell out of f1 2001's gameplay and thats for sure but on the other hand, f1 2001 takes gp3 in graphics
nowadays i dont even play gp3 anymore.. f1 2001 seems to have a colorfull track atmosphere that keeps u on driving.. gp3 seems kind of monotone..
i wont give u a headache anymore with the 3d background of gp4, but as LS. said, if gp4 will have gp3's gameplay and f1 2001's graphics a lot of people would be happy.. i would
so far gp4 looks like a really small graphics improvment of gp3 but with worse carshapes..
Re: Grand Prix 4
Date: February 24, 2002 05:51AM
Posted by: chris
At least the carshapes are different for each team...surely an improvement. Also, I think the graphics are a big improvement on gp3
Chris J
Date: February 24, 2002 05:54AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

They dont look that big an improvement. F1 2001 is amazing, if GP4 in newer than F1 2001 why isnt GP4s graphics anywhere close to F1 2001? The GP4 graphics at the moment are horrible. The cars are too bulcky and the colours look weird, the cars look plasticy whilst F1 2001 graphics are amazing.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 24, 2002 12:44PM
Posted by: chris
Come on Ellis, your being a little melodramatic...the graphics arent horrible at all, and it does say 'WORK IN PROGRESS'
Chris J
Date: February 24, 2002 01:08PM
Yo Sup

But if F1 2001 looks so bloody amazing why cant GP4 look like it?

The Jag looks really bad, the colour is very very wrong, the shape is all wrong, the car looks too bulcky, and the cars look all plasticy.

So far its a huge disappointment for me. F1 2001 is out of date and 2002 will be out soon, imagine the graphics that will have and it will still be miles better than GP4 graphics :(

Work in progress, yeah but GP series have never ever been noted for its amazing attention to graphics :(

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 26, 2002 08:28AM
Posted by: Glory_G
Well, i remember times when i only could play F1 with my matchbox cars or with slotcars. I don't care that much about the grafics, cause i really enjoy the possibility to play a F1-sim-computergame with my mates.
Hey they could make a superb 3D F1 game that only runs smoothly with a GF-4 and above 2Ghz CPU.
(is that F1-2002?)
I wouldn't buy it...
Keep in mind that not everyone can buy a new system every 6 month.

[monitorsports.kicks-ass.org]
Date: February 26, 2002 09:29AM
Posted by: Beardless2
Yeah i agree with glory, maybe they are deliberately keeping the graphics low so the games runs smooth as with 24 cars on the track all really close. As long as the game has improved grpahics on GP3 and the gmaeplay is at improved slightly, i will still stick to the GP4 series, but no internet play is VERY disapointing (ahem geoff if ur reading)

Date: February 27, 2002 02:33AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I agree with that too, a good point Glory_G.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 27, 2002 11:18AM
Yo Sup

"Keep in mind that not everyone can buy a new system every 6 month."

this is one reason i like the GP series :)

Im running 350Mhz, and upuntil a while ago 32Mb RAM and until yesterday a 4MB graphics card and GP3 still ran decent :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy