LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

LS's Tip of the week
oh @!#$ it

look it up your self

LS's Tip of the week
I assume that's F1 2001. Anyway, I don't understand what this obsession is with a safety car! I'd just get annoyed having to ponce around behind it for a lap, I'd want to get straight into the race! Sure it would be a realistic and interesting feature, but it's not exactly a massive tragedy if a safety car is not included, in fact, I couldn't give a @!#$! Besides, I think that safety car looks crap anyway. The AMG SL55 looks awesome, unlike that dodgy thing in the picture! You can also hear it over the F1 cars it's so loud!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
That's not a game!!!! Oh my god it is....jesus!.
f1 2001 looks incredible, if only it would work on my pc.........
Chris J
think of the possibilitys though, a big smash midway through a race, and if your clever, dive in the pits and change your stadegy, and get back onto the track and behind the safety car,

i think it will be good

LS's Tip of the week
dive in the pits and change your stadegy, and get back onto the track and behind the safety car

Yeah I suppose that would be a nice feature... :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
But the point is that a Safety Car exists. If we want GP4 to be a Simulator rather than a Game then we want it to have all of the frivolous things like a Safety Car, Formation Lap etc.

Now, I don
GP4 will fill those gaps with great playability :D

Features like the safety car should be included I think, but only with the option of disabling them if you don't want it there.
Chris J
safety car woudl rock!!

but wot if u drive in a league and u need to get the very best time possible, and the safety car comes out? ya screwed haha

maybe it can b optional, but i really think it needs to be included
i wish gp4 would look anywhere near as good as that ea sports f1 pic :D

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Yo Sup

Its easier than you think to get F1 2001 to LOOK like it has a saftey car.

All cars have individual carshapes in F1 2001 so just replace one with a saftey car, get the other team car out of the race and then simply drive slowly round corners in the lead, but floor it just enough down strights to keep then behind.

You sure its not just that rather than a saftey car?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
What gaps?
:P
yoke

=============================================
=!!!!Michael S. and his team Ferrari rulz!!!=
=============================================
Yo Sup

Actaully there is enough distance between those cars for it to be in a racing situation.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
you're kind of right Ellis, F1 2001 does not have a working safety car, but by adding a couple of lines to your player profile with notepad you can driver a safety car as well as the medical car, two seater & 3 seater arrows and 2 seater Minardi.
So thats probably how that pic was made, although it would be difficult as compared to the F1 cars the safety car is VERY slow.
You can also edit the file to have a parade lap but unfortunately when you reach the grid you get a big pile up!
Well, really hope that a safety car is included, but apart from really big shunts, where the safety car could have amjor influence on strategy and stuff, i think that a safety car is just a make up thing like animated pit crew. I hope that there are more people out there who are longing for really important new features like:
- realistic fuel capacities !!!!!!!!!!!!! PLease!!!!
- realisitc tyre consumption Bridgestone/Michelin !!! the Michelin gap after aprox 10 laps, the possibility to prepare the tyres during sat training and warm up
- realistic driver skills !!! till now none of the original settings was a real challenge at all
- realistic pit radio !!! discussing tactics, getting information about gaps and problems of others
Yo Sup

"although it would be difficult as compared to the F1 cars the safety car is VERY slow."

yeah but all you need to do is change the shell of the car and the skin, you could leave the preformance the same, that way you just floor it out of the corners and then go slow through the corners, i have yet to see AI that can work out what to do when you stop in the middle of the track mid corner.

When the saftey car is flat out, an F1 car is in 3rd or 4th gear.

yah a safety car would be great and be a very interesting feature in gp4. especially it is needed if jordan wants to win in gp4 :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy