Re: Show your Renders v3.0
Date: August 14, 2014 09:12PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Wooow!! I love that Dodge Charger! Very nice render, Flo! The lights and reflections on the car are really impressive!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 17, 2014 09:52AM
Posted by: Spidey
Thanks mate!

Tried out a new render engine called Corona. Pretty nice result imo!

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro Touring Custom

camaro1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2014 10:31AM by Spidey.
Date: August 18, 2014 08:27PM
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
Carbon material testing

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: August 18, 2014 08:46PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Like it. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 18, 2014 09:51PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Interesting comparison, Spidey. Of course I can't say how much of it is due to the render engines and how much due to the varying settings, but my first impression is that Corona makes softer edges than Vray. Would be interesting to see a comparison of outside shots. Overall, however, I think Vray looks more natural. But if you could post a comparison with similar environment, it would be really interesting to see the differences.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: August 18, 2014 10:05PM
I will try some HDRI renders next so i will see if there is a big difference.
Imo Corona is a pretty good render engine and it's only a beta engine and not finished yet. This are just the standard settings. I didn't weaked anything. It produces much more detailed renders.
The Lamborghini is also rendered with corona btw but the render time was not as long as at the Camaro (which rendered the whole night because it will render until you stop it or there is a possibility to limit the render passes or time) :)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2014 10:14PM by Spidey.
Date: August 31, 2014 11:31AM
2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7R

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 11:35AM by Spidey.
Date: August 31, 2014 02:12PM
Stunning! I love the colors of that first picture but the shadows are a tiny bit too hard in my opinion. That makes the second picture look more realistic, but there the color of the car is a tad bit too pale in that blue-ish environment.

Date: August 31, 2014 04:07PM
Well for the first one. Haven't seen soft shadows at direct sunlight yet ;)

Yeh was thinking about the color for the second as well...

Date: August 31, 2014 05:46PM
Spidey schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well for the first one. Haven't seen soft shadows
> at direct sunlight yet ;)
>
> Yeh was thinking about the color for the second as
> well...

I haven't worked much with direct sunlight yet, but what I sometimes did in studio settings with hard shadows was to cover them a bit by placing shining objects with global illumination and only let them create shadows. And for Pic 2, some messing with contrast in Photoshop or GIMP would probably improve the pale color.

Date: September 05, 2014 04:56PM
Posted by: Mullet345
Here is my 1st attempt at doing a render. I used Blender for this, but I'm still getting used to getting the settings right.

Any suggestions on how I can make it look much better?

Date: September 05, 2014 08:24PM
Like I already told you in the PM, I don't have any experience with blender. A few basic things is A) To remove the break glow in the car object, B) Make the floor color brighter (white-ish for example, to see the shadows better), C) Use a high-resolution picture in the reflection section and play around with it to cause shiny effects on both the car and the tyres, so that it doesn't look that dull. And I don't know if blender has something like global illumination, but if so that would help as well.

Date: September 06, 2014 04:37AM
Made a few adjustments, and this is what I have it as now:

What I did is added a gloss shader for both the car and wheels, to try and add some shininess. I'm not sure what colour is good to use for that, so I went with a dark grey colour. The only thing I'm not sure of is the brake glow in the car object, and how to make the shadows stand out better.

Date: September 06, 2014 02:12PM
Try adding a matte effect for the tyres cause now they're too much reflecting. For the shadows, you can usually set the intensity of the shadows somewhere, or if you used Global Illumination, there should be another function called Ambient Occlusion or something like that to be added as an effect to the floor texture (judging from C4D, like I said I don't know how it is in Blender. But with the white floor, the shadows are a lot better already.
Next step you could do is try to find a free environment or try to build one from scratch and add lights from different angles, with different intensity and colors. That's a bit playing around what looks good and what not.

Date: September 07, 2014 10:52AM
Did some more adjustments, and this is how it looks now.

And here is another scene I have done.

Date: September 07, 2014 04:13PM
You're already showing some good progress there. Especially the first render is looking quite nicely, though the tyres are too dull again. Somewhere in the middle of this and the last render would be okay ;-) In the second picture, the helmets are way too big compared to the cars. But overall, you're getting the hang of it. From there on it's watching and reading tutorials to learn a few more tricks here and there.

Date: September 08, 2014 11:19AM
Posted by: vx110
Hey Spidey,

What about a Black McLaren P1 in 1440x900 :D ?
Date: September 08, 2014 05:02PM
Here's how my render scene looks after making a few adjustments:

What's the best way to not make the tyres look so dull? I've been trying different shaders, and yet I can never seem to get it looking right. Other than that, I seem to be getting the hang of how everything works.

Date: September 09, 2014 04:51AM
Posted by: Carlitox
I recently discovered Autodesk has a free student version of 3DS Max. So I gave it a try and here's my first attempt. Done real quick with the base program and some adjusted lightning and shadows.

The free license is for 3 years, so that's a lot of time to learn :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 09, 2014 03:46PM
Good start Carlos! Priority for improvement should be on the glass texture, reflection of the car and especially the tyires and of course the shadows. I didn't know there's a free student version but I'm glad that they're giving people a solid chance to try it out! For 3ds Max you'll find plenty over plenty of tutorials.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy