Show your Renders v3.0

Posted by Jorpaes 
Re: Show your Renders v3.0
Date: May 01, 2019 10:16AM
Posted by: gezere
another beauty is coming. fantastic job as usual my friend (Y)(H)

Date: May 01, 2019 12:08PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Excalibur Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [i.imgur.com]

I believe that even Codemasters will not give us a better model than this, great Excalibur!(Y)(Y)(Y)
Date: May 01, 2019 02:41PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Thank you guys! :-)

@MSchumi24: Honestly, the car is far to be perfect. It is between the beta and v.1. I tried to optimize it for GP4 the more I can but by lack of time, it will be released like this. I just hope that people will enjoy it in game ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 01, 2019 03:44PM
Posted by: Leo_95
Damn, that's so nice! Looking amazing
Date: May 02, 2019 08:56PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Peed a little in my pants of sheer joy. This render is approved.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 03, 2019 07:57PM
@the render kings (Excalibur, kedy89 & co), what are your pc specs?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: May 04, 2019 11:37AM
@Ruben, my pc spec are:
Motherboard: MSI X99A Raider
CPU: Intel Core I7 5820K 3,30Ghz
Ram: 16Go
GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 TI

But I would say that a lower config could do the same. It is mainly about the software used: Keyshot 8 (easy to handle and powerful)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 04, 2019 01:04PM
Posted by: kedy89
MOBO: Asus Z170M-Plus
CPU: Intel Core I7-6700 3,40GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Renders done with Blender

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: May 04, 2019 05:15PM
Thanks guys, I'm looking for a Nuc and I'm in doubt if a Nuc i7 will be good enough for doing renders.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: May 09, 2019 10:49PM
Posted by: Lacrowe

... you can run faster than me, you can manage the car better than me, you can do whatever you want anyway I want you to always give me the road in front of my presence

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2019 11:23PM by Lacrowe.
Date: May 11, 2019 10:05AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks guys, I'm looking for a Nuc and I'm in
> doubt if a Nuc i7 will be good enough for doing
> renders.

Really, anything you buy will be capable of rendering, and any machine will give you the same result.....it's just a question of how long you want that to take.

Keyshot (as Excalibur said, super easy to use) uses the CPU for all of its rendering, and it's great to have a high core count. (I don't know how Blender works, I think it has a few different rendering engines available)
Excalibur's CPU, though a little older and lower-specd than Tobi's, would probably perform the same or a little better in Keyshot. Kedy has a higher clock speed, but Excalibur has a higher core count.

i7 doesn't narrow it down too much, if you want to post the specs for some NUCs you were looking at I could give you an idea of how you'd go.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: May 12, 2019 06:30PM
Thank you for thinking with me, much appreciated. :)

I was thinking about this ones; NUC8i5BEH and NUC8i7BEH2

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: May 12, 2019 08:21PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Well, if it's just these two for the moment, it's a clear recommendation for the i7 version, simply because only the i7, as far as I'm aware of, supports hyper threading (virtual doubling of available cores). Since both of these Nucs don't have that high a clock frequency, the hyper threading will definitely have a big impact since your rendering program can use 8 instead of just 4 threads. Rendering is one of the prime areas where hyper threading gives you a real benefit of this technology.

The other, general, question is what you're really aiming for with the NUC. Do you want to render high-resolution, real-life like renders with it? Then, honestly, you'll have to plan for a lot of waiting time with just 2,7 GHz base frequency (although the 4,5 GHz Turbo speed aren't that bad, but I don't know how long a NUC can keep that speed before it's overheating).
If you just want to do an occasional render with Blender or Keyshot, the i7 NUC is definitely more than enough. And if it's really just a couple of renders a week, it might even be enough to go with the i5, save a good deal of money and just keep it running while you do other things. I went back to an i5 with my last computer upgrade (many years ago) since I wasn't rendering that much anymore and wanted a better game performance and less energy consumpter rather than the i7 hyper threading. But it really depends on what the machine is mainly used for.

The only thing I cannot answer is how the onboard graphics will interfere in the process. The GPU is NOT needed for the actual rendering process, but it is needed to display your changes while setting up scenes. So depending on which program(s) you use and whether or not they have inbuilt preview options, you might run into a bottleneck at this end. But again it depends whether or not you're planing to regularly build/adapt new scenes. However, even in this case it should be possible to add an external GPU to the NUC in case you need that extra graphical power.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: May 14, 2019 06:47PM
Hi John,

Thank you for your long input. Rendering will be mainly focusing on gp4 and KeyShot will be my pick for making renders. In the meantime I'm also looking for an alternative for the Nuc. A Ryzen 5 2400G with Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM in In Win Chopin case is very tempting and more future proof. Only doubt is which type of MB to choose, B350 or B450 and which brand. Choices, choices...

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: May 14, 2019 10:37PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
The great benefit of the Ryzen 5 is that its integrated GPU is way ahead of the integrated Intel GPUs, so if you're aiming for something integrated, you're probably better off with the Ryzen. As for motherboards, I can recommend Asus. Since you'll probably need an ITX mainboard in such a small case, the most logic choice to go would be Asus' ROG STRIX B450-i Gaming (or the respective B350-i Gaming). They seem to be quite equal, price-wise, by now, so going with the newer 450 would be logical, unless you find the 350 for a bargain somewhere.

The more general question is if it's wise to go with such a small case for rendering purposes. Rendering typically maxes out the CPU and as such causes a lot of heat. I don't have any personal experience how well that goes with such small cases, so many somebody else can give their 2 cents. I'm concerned, however, that you might lose CPU power in longer renders because the CPU throttles down due to overheating.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: May 15, 2019 10:59AM
Scuderia Ferrari SF90 - Barcelona GP version

Date: August 13, 2019 11:51AM

Salut Denny

Date: August 13, 2019 06:26PM
She's back. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: August 13, 2019 09:14PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Isn't it strawberry red ?

Date: August 13, 2019 11:07PM

.Eric .. it's called Lovable bright red from the favorite color of my lipstick (K)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy