Posted by: Ruboy
Why the wall?

Re: GP4 Builder - Update : 1.0.6.1 online
Date: May 30, 2007 07:56PM
Posted by: Gusgus
Ruboy ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why the wall?

I'm making Indianapolis oval, and at ovals the wall is always banked with track, but in that case, there could have an option to bank the wall or not.

My workthread here
Date: May 30, 2007 10:44PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Turbo Lover: that's the way white lines are created in original tracks (you can check at indianapolis). Anyway, I could add an option.

@Gusgus: same as for Turbo Lover's question. This can be added some day anyhow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2007 10:47PM by Lo2k.
Date: May 31, 2007 06:41PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Nice to hear that it is possible Laurent, thanks. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 01, 2007 04:13PM
Posted by: Paco
little spelling mistake, Optionnal :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 01, 2007 05:47PM
@Lo2K:

Is it possible to add a 'Set clipping distances to 0'?
When using this the clipping distances of all objects of the currently selected scene are set to 0.

Date: June 01, 2007 11:57PM
@Paco: Thanks, I fixed it for future version.

@Ruboy: Sure, if you have a P4 7Ghz to display all and every objects anywhere at any time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2007 11:59PM by Lo2k.
Date: June 02, 2007 12:11AM
In some cases it might be useful. I recently had a track with many tres objects and other small details. But the scene had not too many polys and the textures were quite low-res, too. But all clipping distances were set to 300 or 500 and I had many apearing and disapearing objects.
It took me some time to set the value to 0 for about 500 objects ;-)
You are right, in many cases it might be bad because PO will rise extremely but for some situation it is very useful. By the way, it is also ok if someones sets all values to 0 at first and then only adjusts the clipping distances for complex objects or for high resolution textures.

Date: June 02, 2007 04:21PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
when previewing the track cameras we can pause and change the speed, but is there any chance of fast forward?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 02, 2007 04:56PM
Posted by: Paco
set speed to 300km/h ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 02, 2007 07:26PM
@Ruboy: OK. I added your query to the todo list anyhow :)

@Schueyfan: As Paco said, you can increase speed at any time or when pause is engaged, you can simply drag the track sector position slider.

Date: June 03, 2007 05:01PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: June 04, 2007 10:43PM
Posted by: b-tone
Is it possible that the bin files aren't aligning perfectly with the track objects (Line)?
I haven't checked properly, but I've just noticed some small gaps between the bin and Line on a couple of tracks - its on the curves so maybe theres some mismatch with the HD?

I've also noticed the clicking on object to highlight it doesn't seem to work as well as it did.

____
Tony

Date: June 05, 2007 11:28PM
@B-tone: it should not (about .bin) and I didn't change a single line of the selection code, so it should not be nor better or worst than previous version.

Date: June 06, 2007 10:28AM
Posted by: _Erix_
The "click to select" sometimes disables itself. I don't know why as it's pretty random. I closing gp4builder and restarting always helps.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: June 18, 2007 08:31PM
All my objects are setting their lod distance to 500. I think Martin mentioned it above, but duplicating, or moving it to another scene will reset it to 500 :(
Maybe there can be a 'set all lod distances to ...' option so people could do that themselves if their PC is struggling, but for me atleast I'd rather control the settings myself.

I've also noticed noramls being calulated on objects when you rotate them. I don't know if its a feature, or bug, but it can be a pain to have the normals looking good, and then they're all reset.

____
Tony

Date: June 18, 2007 08:56PM
Yeah, I think the clipping distance is class-dependent (when you duplicate objects) if I recall correctly.
I mentionned this issue because my track marshalls had a value of 200 and this was definitely to little...the were appearing and disapperaing remarkably. As I had more than 100 track marshalls as single objects it was quite frustrating to set the values to 0 for each single marshall object ;)

@Laurent:
Btw, will you put my latest idea of additional checkboxes when creating track from .dat also onto the to-do list? Maybe to the 'sooner than the rest ' part ;-)

Date: June 19, 2007 11:47PM
@B-tone: Both are already in the list. See items #42 and #78.

@Ruboy: your latest idea is in fact upper than the top of the list and might be added soon (once I will have checked my code to be sure this can be done easily).

Date: July 04, 2007 10:45PM
With the converting dat to track making many or few objects, how about few objects (1 for Lfence, 1 for Rfence...) with each one having many parts (each 10 sectors) so a mix of the two? Another feature splitting objects into all its parts could let people have the same as it is now.

Is it possible to edit the line properties banking (mentioned above) and also width?

The import track db is a great feature, and a real help, and on the same lines could it be expanded to allow batch processes? For instance you could have something like:
del sector10
del sector11
and import that text file would delete those 2 sectors. That would be useful if you make a short version of a track and have a few hundred sectors to delete.
Also in the gp4 section it could delete objects:
del TRACK_DLBank*
Also moving objects to other scenes:
move TRACK_DLBank* 1:4
(moving from scene 1 to 4)

Just some ideas :)

Oh, and I've noticed that creating bins can often cause errors, but creating the .col first and then the .bins is usually fine. If it helps the error is:

--------------------------
GP4 Builder 1.0.6.1
---------------------------
Erreur de vérification d'étendue.
OK

____
Tony

Date: July 04, 2007 11:12PM
last error has already been fixed for next version.
I will reply tomorrow for the other things cause I'm sick again (I've got the chickenpox if my dictionnary is uptodate).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy