fongu's thread

Posted by fongu 
Re: Fongu's Workthread **1994 Ferrari 412T1B released**
Date: March 07, 2019 01:14PM
Posted by: fongu
I'm not particularly pleased to have stumbled across this website which is selling our GP4 mods from 1995 and 1996 for Assetto Corsa. I've sent an email asking for a cut of their profits ;-(
[www.assettocorsamods.org]
[www.assettocorsamods.org]

Anyway, I have started a series of reviews on my blog where I will go through my 1996 cars in a bit more detail, starting with the Minardi M195B
[fongugp4.blogspot.com]

I'll be putting up my next update on my 1994 Williams in the next day or two.

Those @#$%& are everywhere. rF2 also had (or still has, dunno) paymods that look heavily based on GP4 stuff. ASR or something like that was the name of one of the groups I seem to recall.

Asked for a 50% cut, sure as hell they'll just ignore it.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: March 07, 2019 01:42PM
started leaving comments on their youtube vids as emails bounce back
[www.youtube.com]

Can't see your comment though, guess they blocked them until verified, which means it'll never show.

Some mods
that's very nice, that you working on the cars 1996. If i can make a wish i'd like to ask you, if you could please map the marked parts on the pics. So that the Rossi logos are only on the outside of the front wing support and that it's possible to add logos on the small flaps at the back. Furthermore it would be amazing, if you could make a full template of the cars 1996

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2019 02:12PM by quickslick.
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ASR or something like that was the name of
> one of the groups I seem to recall.

I think ASR might be one of the legit ones actually.
Some of their mods - their Jordan 191 for rF2 I think - are conversions, but they normally acknowledge it.
Further, of their models that I've downloaded, the meshes are far too detailed and well smoothed to have been straight-easy GP4 rips.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
AUS_Doug schrieb:
> kedy89 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ASR or something like that was the name of
> > one of the groups I seem to recall.
>
> I think ASR might be one of the legit ones
> actually.
> Some of their mods - their Jordan 191 for rF2 I
> think - are conversions, but they normally
> acknowledge it.
> Further, of their models that I've downloaded, the
> meshes are far too detailed and well smoothed to
> have been straight-easy GP4 rips.

As said it's been a while, and those groups all seem to have similar names these days. Can't you get better looking meshes simply by subdividing surfaces already? Slightly modify it, and have people think it's legit.

Some mods
kedy89 Wrote:
> Can't you get better looking meshes simply by subdividing
> surfaces already? Slightly modify it, and have
> people think it's legit.

To an extent. Once a model has been exported into the GP4 format, it loses a significant amount of information and, more importantly, ZModeler (and GP4 Builder) are very limited in what they can export.
Subdividing and smoothing could get you so far - the links that Fongu posted at the top of thread look about right for that result - but it leaves signs of the process that it's gone through.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: March 08, 2019 10:07AM
Update on the 1994 Williams is up :) [fongugp4.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 10:07AM by fongu.
the car looks so incredible realistic, even if it's not finished, but the details are amazing. Thank you for putting your hands on the Williams. I always loved your cars, but this is again a step up in your modelling era :)
Date: March 11, 2019 03:14PM
Part two of my 1996 Minardi walkaround [fongugp4.blogspot.com]

Part one of my 1996 Forti walkaround [fongugp4.blogspot.com] and part 2 [fongugp4.blogspot.com]
Jurgen, I will get around to amending the mapping at some stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 12:46PM by fongu.
that's great, thank you kev :). Your blog is very nice and i follow it with huge interest(Y):-)
Date: April 10, 2019 05:51PM
It's been an incredibly busy month for me, so work on my 1994 Williams has grounded to a halt, but I plan time to return to modding soon.

In the meantime, my blog continues to develop, with the 1996 Sauber C15 Ford being featured next - much thanks goes to Bernard for his part in this car, perhaps there maybe another opportunity to work together in the future?
C15 part 1
C15 part 2
C15 part 3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2019 05:55PM by fongu.
Great! Thank you fongu! Is the jordan 196 planned? I think it is missing the argentine and monaco version with the wing on the air intake

Thank you again for the work ;)
Date: April 11, 2019 10:55AM
The Jordan overview is planned for next week :) It's weird, whoever mapped it and put it back together again for GP4 has done it in a very odd way and certainly not how I intended it.

great news from you, kev :)
A pleasure reading it.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 18, 2019 11:28AM
Well, as promised the Jordan blog is up:

part 1
part 2
part 3

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2019 01:29AM by fongu.
very nice, your blog is so great :)
Date: April 18, 2019 06:45PM
Posted by: Noog
quickslick Wrote:
> very nice, your blog is so great :)

Absolutely. I took a 'quick' look the other day and ended up going through the whole thing. It definitely improved my appreciation of the passion and effort the best modders are driven to put into their cars. Excellent work Fongu, thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy