CTDP offers...

Posted by NeidryderCTDP! 
CTDP offers...
Date: April 15, 2007 05:33PM
Posted by: NeidryderCTDP!
Once upon a time ago, CTDP did some pioneer work for GP4 and some mods today are still built up on this base. CTDP was the first group that modded the tires/rims in gp4, we were the first group that started building cars in such an amount of work and dedication. I'm still very proud that we were part of this time, when the gp4 community started to work on "their" game. 5 years ago, i never thought, that we were so successful in many ways. We presented our mods on TV and at the Games Convention. We showed our mods in game magazines and we have good reputation in public, maybe even more in gp4 than in the rFactor or in the old F1 Challenge Community. It was really hard for us, even for me to leave gp4 about 3 years ago. We thought F1 Challenge and then rFactor is giving us a better base, but that's only the half truth.

I found a lot of friends (Tony, Erix, Fongu) and current CTDP members in this community (Dahie, Kizz, Enzo, Rob and many more). I'm still looking a few times per day in this forum to see what's going on. So I never really left this community. And now to my offer:

CTDP wants to be more active in gp4 community again and we really need help for that. That's one reason, the second reason is, that the rFactor/F1C community didn't bring new talents for years and in gp4 community we see so many new people come up every year.
CTDP wants to coach your talents, when we see the potential for that.
The rFactor-Community in comparison to GP4 is bigger, but for newcomers it's hard to display themselves. It's hard to find them, GP4 is a great plattform for young modders, because the chances to get attention are better. That's why we are constantly looking around here. What we find are many dedicated modders, who deliver very good work, but are unexperienced in some regards. We would like to help on this and let people share of our expertise.

I think Dahie can tell more about coaching because, he's the 2D Artist coach.
Concerning the 3D part, i have learned a lot in the last 3 years, partly through the community, through the "Digital Animation" course at the SAE and imo the best and most things in production with help from the company I'm working for almost one year. My main part is still modeling, but i learned a lot in lightning and rendering,too. So in 3D we have a good base, for all 3D Applications. I know the most recent functions in 3D Studio Max, Maya and XSI. So our 3D guys will profit by my experience.
To say exactly what we need and want:
- Somebody, or more guys that take our mods we're building for rFactor and convert them to gp4. That should be kinda second "pipeline" in our "production".

- Another thing as i mentioned, we need 2D and 3D artists for our future projects. We haven't planned them till now, but e.g. our 1994 mod needs some helping hands,too.

We need especially guys in the track area, coz we're kinda stuck with our monaco progress. As i mentioned before we're coaching the guys, so they can get some experience how it can be done "professional". We want to do more in the track area, we thought of doing Aida 94 and some other 94 track modifications.

What we don't need are fully professional modders. We don't mind them of course. You don't have to be a crack at what you do. We want to make you one.
What think is most important, we think is dedication. A mod takes time and we take the time to make it good.

So if anybody is interested please contact us here in the thread by showing your current work. I'm planning to contact some of the guys here in the forum anyway...
Re: CTDP offers...
Date: April 15, 2007 05:53PM
Posted by: Sohle
nice idea,

Sohle
Date: April 15, 2007 05:58PM
Posted by: quickslick
welcome back in the gp4 community Andy :)
Date: April 15, 2007 06:09PM
Posted by: Spidey
Good news
Welcome back :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: April 15, 2007 06:13PM
Posted by: Gusgus
Here is my first attempt at shaping. I began to learn shaping last week. This is said to be a Renault R27 made with ZModeler, because I have no other 3D program, and based on HD studio pictures.

The big problem is that I was on holidays since 2 weeks ago, but now I have school until the end of June with exams, and I will be able to work on it only during weekend, when I have other things to do (I'm involved in three hotlaps leagues, which are a way to cut from the school work...). I also have paralel projects I promise I will finish during summer holidays. Anyway, if I can be of some help, don't hesitate.

My workthread here
Date: April 15, 2007 06:18PM
Posted by: vesuvius
ooh this amazing news ,I have always loved CTDP's work ..amazing cars and tyres etc.... :)
Date: April 15, 2007 07:00PM
Posted by: Dahie
Ok, let me add a few things.

Our problem is, we have a hard time finding new people and on the other hand, I think many modders could gain a lot by learning some new tricks. We could help each other!

As for 2D Coaching, I should Andy shoot for his naming, but whatever. I don't have the time to paint much. McLaren might be my last car for a long time. I owe the gp4 community alot. 2004 was not my best year, but it was sweet thanks to all the nice people supporting me with my cars. I never said goodbye, because I always thought I could release the one or the other car in the meantime, but timeconstraints make it hard. Thanks to people who converted my work, I was still able to let you share it.

About 2D Coaching, for the last 3 years I did about 15 cars, some of the hardest of the seasons (Toyota, Toro-Rosso) and I picked up quite a few techniques on the way how to do thinks. Tricks for mapping, painting, special effects even a bit modelling. I wrote half a dozent tutorials on virous things, most released internally, but once proofed, they were also released in our templates.

Now, CTDP lacks new members, the last year was very hard for us, many newcomers didn't make it past 2 weeks, which was a shame. I saw many skilled and experienced people, who don't have the time to support us. But I see many talented and dedicated people, those kind we reach out to.

EDIT:
By the way, the best way to contact us is by Instant Messaging.
you can reach me in Jabber: dahie@mabber.de
MSN: thedahie (ät) hotmail.com

or via mail, but IM is generally way better

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2007 09:20PM by Dahie.
Date: April 15, 2007 07:31PM
Posted by: GLD
Sounds great guys...I'd be very interested in learning about 2d painting - i have done some for the 91 mod...I am however worried i have very little time on my hands for massive projects, but would like to help out nonetheless...

PM if you would like to discuss further :)
Date: April 16, 2007 05:07AM
Posted by: Enzojz
That's a good news and both Dahie and Andy is well exprienced.

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: April 16, 2007 06:11AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
sounds great!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 16, 2007 06:44AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
That is great news indeed.
Date: April 16, 2007 10:21AM
Posted by: fongu
great to see you guys back :)

Date: April 16, 2007 12:35PM
Posted by: sunil
much much good idea to come back.

welcome back . good news

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: April 16, 2007 01:54PM
Posted by: raulongo
If you want new crew, count on me as a 2D painter ;-)

Also, I'm learning some 3D... I can help a little but I'll need help.

BTW, Welcome Back GuyS!!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2007 04:00PM by raulongo.
Date: April 16, 2007 02:20PM
Posted by: Spidey
Hmmm i wish i have more skills then i could help :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: April 16, 2007 04:19PM
Posted by: Tahlendorf
Good to hear that such group of modders come back to the origins, this makes me thought that GP4 isn´t as dead as many others want...

About the offer... very interesting, specially the oportunity to learn from Top Notch Modders... I´ve sent a mail to Dahie.

@Raul: prepárate para renderizar algo que te gustará muuuucho... :P
...prepare yourself to render something that you´ll enjoy muchhhhh...

BEST REGARDS FROM SPAIN

Admin of GP4-Argentina
Date: April 16, 2007 04:28PM
Posted by: raulongo
@Tahlendorf

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: April 16, 2007 07:30PM
Posted by: matt3454
Ive always wanted to get into painting and modelling, but never really had time. The only things i have ever made are two rFactor skins that are on rfc but both are unfinished. Ive never known how to use 3DStudio as well

Date: April 16, 2007 07:56PM
Posted by: Craigo
well when i get my pc working ill get in contact ;) good to see you guys back again :D

Date: April 16, 2007 09:10PM
Posted by: NeidryderCTDP!
EDITED

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 04:31PM by NeidryderCTDP!.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy