smallish question bout car bugs

Posted by oconnorivan 
smallish question bout car bugs
Date: March 25, 2007 05:30PM
Posted by: oconnorivan
hey everyone,

just a quick question or two. firstly, i downloaded djvass' mp4-22 earlier today and put it in my cars.wad file and when i went to run the game the car worked fine but there were a few white areas which appeared around the airbox, sidepods and the rear of the car. considering i started from the original cars.wad file and this was the first car i put into it, its a bit odd. any files i might be missing?

heres a pic of what i mean

[i29.photobucket.com]

also, from that pic, you can see the cars slightly blurry around the logos but when you go up close they look ok. i heard theres a fix for this, anyone happen to be aware of this?

cheers for the help

Ivan
Re: smallish question bout car bugs
Date: March 25, 2007 07:44PM
Posted by: Muks_C
you're missing the carbonfibre tex file for the white parts. with the car you installed, there should be a tex file called carbfd.tex or something like that. insert that into your wad.

if that doesn't fix the problem, then change it's name to "hi_carbd.tex", or whatever it's called. if it already has "hi_" at the start, then remove it from the name.

for the blurry logos, go to your graphics card options and set the anisotrophic filtering to 4x, and set the anti aliasing to 4x also. this should make the logos sharper.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 10:16PM by Muks_C.
Date: March 25, 2007 08:08PM
i actually dont have any of those files as it turns out in the cars.wad, let alone with the car itself when i downloaded it. all that came with the actual car was the tex for the car itself and the lod. any place i can get these files to get it workin?
Date: March 25, 2007 10:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah, usually in any other car you download comes a carbonfibre tex file. most carmakers use the same cf tex file, so once you have one in your wad, it should help with all the cars.

PM me your email address and i'll send you a couple of files to try out.

did you try the things to get the blurry textures to sharpen up?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 26, 2007 12:57PM
cool, check your pms so. i tried the other fix for sharpening the textures and they look fine now. never even knew those settings existed until i went looking for them. hmmm, the more you know...:D
Date: March 29, 2007 01:32AM
yeah those textures ya sent worked a treat. cheers man!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy