Hummm... It sucks, but who knows?

Posted by gildoorf 
Hummm... It sucks, but who knows?
Date: December 21, 2006 05:12AM
Posted by: gildoorf

Just for fun

I don´t intend to develop it. Anyone knows something about this change?

Best regards from Brasil

Gildoorf
Re: Hummm... It sucks, but who knows?
Date: December 21, 2006 05:36AM
Posted by: Guimengo
It's being made because Ralf Schumacher and the other sissies are complaining of safety issues hot

It's just minimal safety hazard to be honest, F1 is pretty safe in most tracks and the risk they partake is due to simply being in a vehicle at 320 km/h going around corners. There's a limit to what is happening, if they don't accept even the smallest risk then why drive in F1?
Date: December 21, 2006 10:51AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
will indy change in 2007?
Date: December 21, 2006 10:53AM
Posted by: kimiraik
No Bobo it's Barcelona..
Date: December 21, 2006 11:16AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
LOL ^^ maybe i took home too late yesterday night LOL
Date: December 21, 2006 11:21AM
Posted by: kimiraik
Ahah ^^ e bravo Bobo ^^
Date: December 21, 2006 01:51PM
Posted by: gildoorf
I think this is stupid change on a circuit where overpassing and slipstream are almost impossible...

Anyway it´s gonna be the real one so... If anyone is interested on it (Maybe Ruboy, I think) I´ll send the dat as soon I finish elevations and pit entrance.

Cheers and best regards from Brasil
Date: December 21, 2006 02:15PM
Posted by: stipe
Too bed for many changes on modern F1 tracks. Some are good but I think that most of them are not :(
Now, just to slow up Monza and we dont have thrue fast tracks, too bed :(
Date: December 21, 2006 03:12PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Why couldn't they just re introduce that pointless chicane they had at, is it Campsa. They used to use that back in 91 didn't they. Why not the chicanes again on the main straight of Montreal from 95. Why not put Monza back to the old layout. Oh, better put a chicane in turn 8 of Turkey too, just incase. Ralf Schummy is a fool. Barcelona is now destroyed with that chicane before the main straight. It will bunch up the cars into the chicane, and the guy infront will just head off down the straight. I dont see this having any advantage to the circuit, or overtaking. I might have to eat my words if overtaking does happen, but I doubt it somehow. Ah well, that's my gripe. STOP CHANGING GREAT TRACKS!!!!!!!!!
Date: December 21, 2006 03:41PM
Posted by: brunoboi
I hadn't heard about this before but from the look of it I think it's a GOOD change (shock horror) it could create an overtaking oppertunity at one of the dullest circuits on the calendar and is replacing an otherwise pointless corner. SAFETY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN F1 - this sport has lost too many lives and so absolutely everything should be done to prevent another from going the same way, if a driver believes a corner is dangerous then they should be able to voice their opinions so i see well done Ralf and others like him for pushing this one through

I'd love to see this update in game to see how much change it would make!

Date: December 21, 2006 08:40PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Any corner is dangerous when you drive an F1 car. F1 safety level is extremely high, we've seen massive shunts from the past (like some from Button, Trulli, Fisichella and Massa) end up with nothing more than a headache or bruise. You can get hurt worse playing football or rugby. There's a level to how much you can decrease injury and if some guys think F1 is too fast, like it's always been, they can move to lower series or quit.
Date: December 21, 2006 09:35PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
The FIA is wrong again with this change. Many years the average speed in corners is increasing, today and in the past with the turbo's the cornerspeed is dangerously high.

Instead of decreasing the cornerspeeds by changing the rules for the cars (decreasing downforce), they change the turns to lower the average speed in corners.

As a result every circuit will turn in a mickey mouse circuit with no excitement at all.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 21, 2006 10:53PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i also think it would be a good change,the cars nowadays cant follow each other through the final turn because its so fast,so putting the chicane there obviously slows down the speed of the final corner allowing the car behind to be able to stay close enough to get a slipstream down the straight,i think barcelona is the most boring circuit on the f1 calender and i dont like watching it so any change to the track would be good for me..:)
Date: December 21, 2006 11:20PM
Posted by: stipe
This theme is very interesting. I'm not a expert (I just love motorsport), but I think that F1 are loosing 'romantic'. Almoust all sports are dangerous, some more some les. Today, we dont have real battle for 1., 2. place (ohh jeah, pass through pit). I have many friends whos stop watch F1 because of monotony. For me the last thrue battles are (today epic) betwen Mika and Schumi. I hope that FIA can back some of 'romantic' moments in present competition. If not they will loose adventage from todays more excitement motorsports.
Date: December 22, 2006 12:05AM
Posted by: Ruboy
lee1971 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i also think it would be a good change,the cars
> nowadays cant follow each other through the final
> turn because its so fast,so putting the chicane
> there obviously slows down the speed of the final
> corner allowing the car behind to be able to stay
> close enough to get a slipstream down the
> straight,i think barcelona is the most boring
> circuit on the f1 calender and i dont like
> watching it so any change to the track would be
> good for me..:)

Yep, that's the point also in my opinion.

I even feel it in GP4. I have to reduce slip stream effect drastically to have a chance to follow the cars through the final turn to catch the slipstream. It's almost impossible with default settings and it might be annoying after 10 laps ;)

Date: December 22, 2006 05:47AM
Posted by: super__alonso
It will help overtaking slightly. They could have moved the wall back. They are also replaceing all the gravel with tarmac.
Date: December 22, 2006 08:20AM
Posted by: Tahlendorf
In my opinion... a very bad change.
The slipstream effect right now at F1 is a problem of design of the cars.
The designs used throws the air very turbulent and in upper direction, so it´s impossible to use aerodinamical charges in slipstream effect to maintain the car under control in a fast curve.
In GTR races at Barcelona, you could watch beautiful wheel-to-wheel duels and overtakes jus passing the last fast corner.
The security reasons argued are not very convincible, the only one is that it will reduce the speed at the moment of entering pits... the rest, burocratic excuses...
F1 is very safe nowadays, since 1995 there has been no pilot deaths, and tracks has been the same as the past years (changes have been made on exit zones and this has improved very much safety when a car goes straight through a curve)... I think the security is very high right now, if you go straight in a curve you´ve the gravel or "puzzolanas" to slow down the car drastically... if you go straight right after a chicane with Tarmac, what could it be?

BEST REGARDS

Admin of GP4-Argentina
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy