[WIP] ZANDVOORT 1967 +++ Grandstand finished, see page 11 +++

Posted by Turbo Lover 
Finally got a chance to drive it. VERY GOOD! The elevation changes along with the twists and turns make this track a blast to drive. The pit garages and scoring stand on the front straight are very nicely done. This version is a heads and shoulders improvement over the last public beta.

Keep up the great work!:)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
I never released it was that narrow. It sure does look like a very daunting track.
Some texture updates of the track:

Old:

New:

Old:

New:

Old:

New:

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Very,very, very Good job !!!!! Ruben !!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Good job, mate. :)
Really looking nice now!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Very nice :)

Try adding some 'dirt' to your track side logos and that'll add to the effect

Some updates:

My Grand Prix 4 Files

really nice !!

when do the new beta version arrive ?

I'm so impatient

Was the track really that narrow and with such steep bankings??

When were the cicanes inserted around the back of the track??

Its a really easy layout to learn with the second half of the track just a few kinks but they are tricky with no run offs.
looks very good!

X (@ed24f1)
gardaret schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> really nice !!
>
> when do the new beta version arrive ?
>
> I'm so impatient

Maybe next weekend. :)

super__alonso schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice and really realistic track. I do have a
> couple of questions:
>
> Was the track really that narrow and with such
> steep bankings??
>
> When were the cicanes inserted around the back of
> the track??
>
> Its a really easy layout to learn with the second
> half of the track just a few kinks but they are
> tricky with no run offs.

Yep, the most classic tracks are steep banked and narrow like Zandvoort, because they were build in a natural environment, makin' it real driver circuits.

In '72 Zandvoort lost the GP, because the track was too outdated. In '73 they modernized the track (hosting the Dutch GP once again) with run offs, armco barriers and the fast right-left combination, called 'Bos In', was replaced by a very slow right-left combination, called 'Panorama Bocht'.

In '79 there was a temporarily chicane installed just after the left turn of the fast left-right combination called 'Hondenvlak'. In '80 it was replaced by a permanent very slow left-right chicane, called 'Marlboro Bocht'.

Sadly Zandvoort lost his GP after '85 due money issues and new safety standards for F1 circuits. And as an outcame of that, the circuit sold the half of it's ground in '89, to make way for holiday houses. Turns like 'Hondenvlak'/'Marlboro Bocht', 'Tunnel Oost', 'Bos In'/'Panorama Bocht' and 'Bos Uit' are lost forever. Luckily Zandvoort still has the famous corners 'Tarzan' and 'Scheivlak'.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Good job.. I'm really looking forward to see version 1.0 of the Zandwoort'67.. :)
Drove it earlier and it is a very good track :) Extremely fast and sweeping.

Cheers,
Very good, congratulations, and I already downloaded playing, very good even.

Done:
Force India (Presentation)
Force India New
Super Aguri
Stock Car Light (R. Sperafico)

Projects in Progress:
Donington Park 93
Helping MOD in 1996

Near Projects:
Autodromo Internacional de Curitiba
MOD Nascar Truck Series
MOD Nascar
MOD 1992 F1
MOD 1990 F1
Autodromo de Campo Grande
Autodromo de Londrina
doracio, your signature is way too big - although i would like to see some more information on the bottom two cars in it ;)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 10:18AM by SchueyFan.
Last bunch of pictures are really great, cars and track...
I think that curve ground adverts are lacking shadows but that's a good job anyhow :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 03:39PM by Lo2k.
You're right about the missing shadows of the ground ads Laurent, but i'm already working on it. ;)

At the moment i spent most of the time with modeling the dunes around the track and adding details to it.

Anyway, thanks for all the nice words guys, this track will surely be amazing when released. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

After a half year of no updates regarding Zandvoort '67 i have some news. I decided to rebuild the main grandstand, the pitbuilding and also the land around the track, this is the status of the land so far:

Expect more updates soon.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy