[WIP] ZANDVOORT 1967 +++ Grandstand finished, see page 11 +++

Posted by Turbo Lover 
Turbo Lover, now with the graphics, really dresses up track, very realistic for time period. Love it.

Still having problem with cc-controlled cars going into pits and getting stuck there. Looks like car is lifted up for new tires, but then nothing happens except the tires slowly rotate (spin). Pit crews rush to car and then just stand there. Followed Erix suggestion, GPxPatch has box next to Fix Pit Bug checked. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Richard J
If it's a custom track, be sure that all pitlane sectors length are as close as possible to 16 feet (original length).

Richard J schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Turbo Lover, now with the graphics, really dresses
> up track, very realistic for time period. Love
> it.
>
> Still having problem with cc-controlled cars going
> into pits and getting stuck there. Looks like car
> is lifted up for new tires, but then nothing
> happens except the tires slowly rotate (spin).
> Pit crews rush to car and then just stand there.
> Followed Erix suggestion, GPxPatch has box next to
> Fix Pit Bug checked. Anyone have any ideas on a
> fix?

Thank you very much for the compliment, but it's sad to hear that you still have that pitstop problem.

I did last weekend a full race of 90 laps with w300 cars, no problems at all, only the fact that six people completed the race, the rest was involved with crash accidents. ;)

@Lo2k: I haven't changed anything with the pitlane sectors, only displaced the first four sectors for making a good start with the pitlane.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Tubo Lover, I used the 1979 mod with the track, pitstops worked fine. I will have to test other mods and carsets I have. I was using a carset based off the 1967 mod that I made and it has the problem. As I check other mods and carsets I will find out of others have same problem. Then issue will be how to fix it. Keep you posted.

Bug notes on track. Had a reace start out in wet conditions, the scenery back ground was all gray, could see outline of where the scenery and mountains should be. When used the 1979 mod, in wet everything was OK.

Also note that there are white lines running across the track in dry weather, especially on start/finish area and front straight. These lines tend to flicker.

Really like the tarmac patches you have put into track. Now if only you could do Watkins Glen, and other 1967 era tracks.

Richard J
Is this track available anywhere else? The first link has expired and RapidShare is the kiss of death for my machine....

GP4Italia? MegaUpload? Anywhere?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2007 08:10AM by Jagdpanzer.
I've uploaded the track again: [download.yousendit.com]

:)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Thanks TurboLover, but I'm still on dial up, and if a site won't allow me to use a download manager it usually means I wont be able to get the download....
:(

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2007 10:03PM by Jagdpanzer.
Zandvoort_1967_GP4_Beta_0.5.rar

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Downloading now! Many thanks! :)

You're welcome mate, it would be nice if you can give me some feedback. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Finally was able to install and load up the track. Watched the 1979 cars in free practice. First impressions: Very nice track layout, looks very challenging to drive. The adjacent surrounding dunes and textures look very nice and add greatly to the "feel" of the track.

I know it's a beta, so maybe the following shouldn't be mentioned... but it's not a critique - only questions on my part. Pit stall issues: cars go through walls and fencing when leaving the pits, but I'm sure you are aware of that?

I get some minor flickering of tarmac textures when in t cam view, no issues in cockpit view though.

The jagged darker tarmac patches - are these intentional? I found them a bit of a distraction. Would it be possible to give them a more rectangular appearance or is the triangle shape of these authentic to the actual circuit?

Overall a excellent beta. Should be awesome in its final form! :)

Thank you very much about the feedback. :)

The pitbuilding is the original pitbuilding from GPL and is too short & too small for GP4, a new pitbuilding will be constructed which is correct for GP4.

That flickering of tarmac and those darker tarmac patches are not intended, the cause for this due the fact that the darker tarmac is from GPL and the lighter tarmac is 'created' by 3DEditor/GP4 Builder.

I was not planning to do those tarmac patches, but you have given me the idea to do so. :)

At the moment i'm correcting the run off areas of the track, so far i corrected the horizon and added a realistic sky.

If anybody is interested i could upload a small update (on my own webserver).

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Please upload the small update, Ruben, thanks in advance.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

This is the link to the small update of Zandvoort: [download.yousendit.com]

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Thank you very much for the small update, Ruben, in the rar.file are version
0.5 and 0.6 included.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Thanks for noticing me about that, my fault, i corrected it. :)

This is the new link to version 0.6 of Zandvoort: [download.yousendit.com]

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Wonderfull, finally track to use with 67 mod
all the links are dead, any chance for a new download with the small update included?
I have it uploaded again on my own webserver:

Zandvoort_1967_GP4_Beta_0.6.rar

My Grand Prix 4 Files

many thanks Turbo Lover, much appreciated :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy