Team Editor and Win XP

Posted by nicol@cciarri 
Team Editor and Win XP
Date: October 18, 2005 07:08PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
@ Lo2k:
Hi Laurent. I used until some days ago your nice tool Team Editor 3.1.
Today, I can't run Team Editor, since after launch of editor there is a Windows mask saying that there is an error in Team Editor exe, and closing the mask I see " Exception EinOut Error dans le module TeamEditor 3.1 exe dans 000F2140. Nom de fichier incorrect". My Pc is new, and Windows XP pro was been automatically updated today with a new software pack.
Is it possible any problem with your editor, or should I check some other cause of trobling? All other editors ( including 3D Editor 15.8 ) for Gp4 are working fine...Thanks a lot for your help.
Nicola
Re: Team Editor and Win XP
Date: October 18, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi,

I don't believe that it as a problem with Windows XP itself as many users run it on windows xp. Im using Service pack 1 and its ok. I have also used Service pack 2 without any team editor problems, unless its a new windows update that has caused a conflict with lo2ks Team Editor?

By the way, are you using an ATI video card? If so there are some known issues with some of the driver versions.

Sorry i couldn't help more! :(

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 18, 2005 09:25PM
Thanks.
No, my graphic card is a GeForce GTX 7800.
Date: October 18, 2005 09:44PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Ooo, I want one of those, that's the new one isn't it? How does it run with GP4?(excuse the off-topic question ;) )
Date: October 19, 2005 01:03AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
It'll run without many differences to a GTX 6800. As for the program, I had the same problem, until I found a newer version of it somewhere on the internet, then it worked again. Not sure where I got it from though...
Date: October 19, 2005 08:42AM
Ok...My problem is over: I uninstalled GP4, and then I re-installed it, with all updates. Team Editor , now, works again.
I have to say that, with many versions of GP4 on PC, sometimes I temporarily rename the main version, in C:/..../ Infogrames/Grand Prix 4 , with some small number ( for example: ...04 Grand Prix 4, or..orig-Grand Prix 4 , etc ).
Could be this the cause of Team editor hang?
I made this operations a lot of times, without problems...Anyway: GTX 7800 is great, but agree with Joe: You can't see a lot of differences on GP4. When You reach a good frame rate ( 53 or 55 ) in your updated GP4 with a GeForce 5700 ( for example...), then You don't see much improvement with a 6800, or 7800. I have this graphic card just becouse my Pc is new.
Cheers
Nicola
Date: October 19, 2005 08:49AM
Posted by: sunil
sorry for off topic , how is ur f1 2005 ferrari progress is going on? i don't want to open new thread for this. any chance of screenshots

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2005 08:52AM by sunil.
Date: October 19, 2005 02:24PM
Thanks for "tail" question: now, my car is on hands of Oggo...See in another thread his last car ( Ferrari F 2001 ). I think he can complete in the best way my work. We planned to release ( as first...? ) Suzuka version.
Date: October 19, 2005 02:34PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, the french error meant "bad file name" and was most probably due to a renammed file (gp4.exe, f1gstate or else...).
Renamed or displaced files are the cause of 95% of the errors reported to me for TeamEditor.

Date: October 19, 2005 07:50PM
nicol@cciarri Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for "tail" question: now, my car is on
> hands of Oggo...See in another thread his last car
> ( Ferrari F 2001 ). I think he can complete in the
> best way my work. We planned to release ( as
> first...? ) Suzuka version.

thanks nicol@acciarri for information

hope for the best from oggo just like ur's. and his ferrari 2001 was awesome.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: October 19, 2005 07:52PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Someone said

Date: October 19, 2005 09:33PM
thanks oggo. we 'll be waiting for that RED"S

Date: November 27, 2005 06:18PM
Posted by: Nemesis
Hi to all,

I have the same problem!

I have disinstalled and Reinstalled GP4 but I have the same problem.

Who can help me please!

Bye and thanks.

Nemesis
Date: November 27, 2005 09:37PM
Posted by: Harry
If you have uninstalled GP4 you must delete an
entry in the windows registry too:

Start - Run - regedit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4

Right click on Grand Prix 4 - delete.

-----------------------------------------------

And if you have deleted the TeamEditor,
in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lo2K\TeamEditor

Right click on TeamEditor - delete.

------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.
Date: November 27, 2005 10:40PM
Posted by: Nemesis
I improve this!

Thanks Nico!

Bye Nemesis
Date: November 27, 2005 10:49PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, Harry is right, and well informed :)

Deleting the GP4 key is not advisable anyhow but if you completely want to delete GP4 or if you have a message saying your GP4 game is already installed when you want to reinstall it.

Concerning my own registry key, just a precision, the right path is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lo2k's tools
you can delete the whole hive (folder).

Date: September 09, 2020 08:13PM
Posted by: topo
Eliminando la clave de registro en el REGEDIT como indico el amigo : Lo2k se Soluciona el problema y teameditor vuelve a funcionar.

Deleting the registry key in REGEDIT as indicated by the friend: Lo2k The problem is solved and teameditor works again.

Saludos !!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy