GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: December 25, 2016 12:50AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Thanks for the replies guys!
Here are some pictures..When entering the session, or pressing shift Q it falls from the sky from a height of a metre or so...

Then it sits down where it should be, with no damage done...

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: December 27, 2016 12:59PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
A beginner's question.
I'm putting trees on my track. They appear suddenly.
I have tested with prefix NTREE, FTREE, none, etc, flag 0, 64, Wet Reflection, Clip Distance, 0, 300, 500, 700, 3000 ... Camera 0, 13, 18 ... but appear just when the Car over there
Some help...?

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 28, 2016 05:54PM
Posted by: landex
I must say at this moment, i have a really issue for doing the landscapes meshs(mountains, hills, little valleys). They are so uniform. There should be good tutorial for this, maybe in 3DSmax. There are some in youtube but they arent gp4 dedicated.
Date: December 28, 2016 11:54PM
Meteoro, I'm not sure what to suggest, clip distance 0 should make them always visible..
Could it be something in your f1 graphics.cfg?

Landex, if you have a look at the Tahiti track in my sig, I made the landscape with L3DT, it's quite easy to use, and once you have generated the terrain you can modify it with several functions not available in GP4 builder first...

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: December 29, 2016 12:42AM
Thanks Salvasirignano, i will try it, lets see if i make it:)
By The way your Tahitian Circuit its great!
Date: December 29, 2016 10:21AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
@meteoro405:
Great question! We still did not get why on some computers so many gp4-objects are not or not allways visible. For guys like me and you, I made a guide to fix these problems.

Link:
[www.mediafire.com]

Maybe this will help you.
Date: December 29, 2016 11:49AM
Posted by: Lo2k
I would bet on point 5 or 13 on my side to solve Meteoro's issue.
Great document by the way :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2016 11:49AM by Lo2k.
Date: December 29, 2016 01:16PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Thanks Klaus!! I will try. I will see the 5 and 3 points Laurent

Happy New Year!!!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 29, 2016 08:08PM
klausfeldmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @meteoro405:
> Great question! We still did not get why on some
> computers so many gp4-objects are not or not
> allways visible. For guys like me and you, I made
> a guide to fix these problems.
>
> Link:
> [www.mediafire.com]
>
> Maybe this will help you.

A big thanks Klausfeldmann and meteoro405, the guide its a really help for rookies like me.
Date: January 08, 2017 02:21AM
Hi guys, I've hit on another problem. I've been adding objects and shaping them extensively since I last loaded my track up in GP4. Unfortunately the whole world now disappears at certain points in the track, before reappearing. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? It's not just objects from one scene disappearing, it's everything!

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 08, 2017 02:46AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
I've had this problem a couple of times, and I think updating the object camera to 0 usually fixes it. Quickest way of doing this:

Search -> * (which shows all objects in the file) -> Batch Edit -> Update Camera to 0

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: January 08, 2017 03:05AM
Thanks very much, I'll give it a try! :)

EDIT - It worked, thanks very much! :)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2017 04:21AM by salvasirignano.
Date: January 31, 2017 12:17AM
Posted by: maxi82
hello! I have problems exporting the .gp4 file to .wrl
Only exports some objects,Only happens in some .gp4 files
any ideas?

.gp4 in editor gp4builder

wrl file in 3dmax....

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 31, 2017 12:37AM
@Maxi82 : Could you try with past versions and check if one of them works any better ? (there are a few past versions in GPG download section)

Date: January 31, 2017 03:04AM
Posted by: maxi82
Lo2k escribió:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Maxi82 : Could you try with past versions and
> check if one of them works any better ? (there are
> a few past versions in GPG download section)

I keep all versions of your editor hehe.
Already try with several previous versions and gives the same result.
Equally is to render the circuits, the other functions of import / export are perfect.
What strikes me is that with some paths export it satisfactorily.
Sorry for my poor english. I use the google translate.

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 18, 2018 04:27PM
Posted by: gezere
Wow can't imagine that the last post in this famous thread is 16 months old.... Anyway....

Does somebody used the function "Export track database" then "Import track database" ? THese functions include also data of the pitlane

I am trying to edit the entrance of a looonnngggg pitlane, but in fact I have to fully redo the entrance.

So I thought that the Export/Import function could help me.

I saved the original Track/Pitlane and got 4 different text files. I imported them to Excel.

I did the new pitlane entrance and managed to get my last current sector at the same position than a sector of the old pitlane.

I exported the new incomplete pitlane and got the corresponding text files then imported also into excel.

With the help of excel, I merged the new entrance and the old sectors (less the old entrance) and export the 2 files related at the pitlane to text files.

Then I tried to import these 2 text files in Builder, but nothing happened...:( No errors displayed but nothing change.

First of all , I thought it could be a matter of import/export between text files and excel, but it doesn't seem to be that.

I did a new test.
Export a track database from a DAT file. I got the text files created by Builder.
Delete the last 10 sectors of the track. They disappear then imported back without any change at the text files created by the builder.

Again Nothing happened...:(

I look at the user manual but the description of these functions is very light....

Does somebody saw these functions working and could tell me what I am doing wrong. May be the functions are working only Under specific conditions??

If you have any idea... they are welcome.
I would prefer to avoid to have to redo the whole pitlane by taking care to match perfectly with the graffic part of the pitlane which is already done...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 04:34PM by gezere.
Date: May 18, 2018 06:54PM
Hi Gezere,

A good thing I come back on GPGames since a few days, heh ? :)

Track database Import/export feature has been designed to remodel existing tracks with more precise position or direction values but it is not able to create sectors.
So if you deleted sectors (or added new ones directly in the excel files), just open your track and create as many sectors as needed for both track and pitlane (straight or curved, whatever).
THEN import the database back.
And voilà ! :p

Date: May 18, 2018 08:46PM
Posted by: gezere
Of course.... I should have think that sectors have to be created before to apply the change... I feel stupid now ;)

Thank you Laurent. It's nice to see you around;-)

Date: May 21, 2018 12:10PM
Date: September 13, 2019 07:53AM
Posted by: Soutsen
I dunno where to post this, but it is certainly sort of a track editing problem I have. I was trying to fix the cc-line for the old Detroit track by Jimbob1 (also can be found in the 1988 trackpack). At least on my side there was always multiple crashes on Lap 1 at many places of the circuit. Now, tweaking cc-line I indeed was able to fix some problems and reduced the crashes massively, but still I can't get rid of this issue:
[youtu.be]
No matter how accurate my cc-line is, and even with the "careful AI (Monaco)" option being enabled, I still have cars perfoming this incredibly stupid trick of going in one side and then slamming straight into the car ahead... I've spend like 12 hours trying different cc-line variants, but this is certainly not a cc-line issue. Now I wonder if anyone knows how to solve this...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 08:01AM by Soutsen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy