GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: November 28, 2005 04:56PM
Posted by: Lo2k
v16.4 is ok as long as you do not open .gp4 AND .dat simunaltenously and if you do not use the part to object and object to part features.
(Hope I'm not forgetting anything)

Date: November 28, 2005 05:04PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Ah, thanks Lo2k. This way I can keep on using 16.4.

Date: November 28, 2005 06:07PM
Posted by: Palle
I have a problem

When I try to import .3ds file to ZModeler to changing it to GP4 file, I cant found it from my computer. I mean, in folder where I saved it. I cant see it. It's unvisible. Even when its showing "All supported formats". So file have no matches with ZModeler.

I'm sorry, I'm very bad to explain it in english. But I hope someone can understand me. :-)
Date: November 28, 2005 07:34PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Palle, which version of ZModeler you're using?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 28, 2005 07:39PM
Posted by: kimirgj
its ok i sorted it out, he has 2. something, i have 1.07 and it worked :)

Date: November 28, 2005 08:51PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Yep i had the same problem when using the new v2.0 version, but with v1.7b it worked alright. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 28, 2005 11:18PM
I need one hint about ZModeler. I had this problem 4 weeks ago and I found the solution by myself:) but now I have forgotten it and I was trying for 30 min now and I didn't manage:(

I want to create new faces and want to connect them to the "edges" of other faces. I have tried almost everything - but the red points (the splines? vertexes? or whatever) are not connected to the edges. Which tools do I have to choose (probably something with create/face/... ?) ?

Date: November 30, 2005 05:55PM
Posted by: Palle
I got a new problem. I've putted some graphics to track, but track dont work now. I tested with 2 styles. With own .wad file, and with style when I just updated old .wad file with my files. With 1st technique, it crashed on middle of loading process, and later one, it crashed at end of loading process.

Here are what I've done now:

.dat file
.gp4 file
.col file
Grass, Tarmac & wall textures (I didnt put kerbs, because my track dont have them)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2005 05:57PM by Palle.
Date: November 30, 2005 06:42PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Make the .bins again
Date: December 03, 2005 01:10PM
@Lo2k:
Just a quick question: Do I have to recreate .bin files if I just change positions of flags? For example, I just want to move Pit Lane Start (from sector 1 to 0) and Pit Lane End (from 142 to the very last sector 143). Does it suffice if I just save this changes to the .dat? Or do I have to do something else to make the changes work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2005 01:10PM by Ruboy.
Date: December 03, 2005 03:17PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Only hmm, "graphical" changes to .dat track layout need from you to recreate other files like .bin, .col or .gp4.
As track flags are only track properties, you do not need to recreate other files.

Date: December 03, 2005 03:50PM
Yes, I just meant track propersties. Thanks:)

Date: December 04, 2005 02:26PM
Posted by: b-tone
simple question - how do you export objects from a track so they keep their mapping?
3ds seems to lose it all together, and i cant open gp4 in zmodeler. it appears to open, but no objects are listed.

____
Tony

Date: December 04, 2005 03:07PM
.3ds keeps the mapping, but loses texture names, so if you're exporting from an original track, you can just note which textures go to which part and do it that way, but you have to invert v-mapping (I don't know why). With .gp4 export you have to make sure you've selected "yes" to being ZM compatible then it should work, at least it seems to for me.

To view in 3D view though you have to move the camera around lots as that is focused on world origin
Date: December 04, 2005 03:10PM
If you just want to export an object from one track and to put it into another track it is sufficient to export it as a .gp4 and to import it directly as .gp4 into a scene of a the new track. The settings for the textures remain unchanged, you just have to copy the appropriate textures into the new .wad.

If you want to export objects to edit them with ZM the only thing I know is that you can't "open" them but you have to "import" a .gp4 object. But I'm not able of telling you anything about the mapping issue.

Date: December 04, 2005 03:57PM
i can export to gp4 and with or without 'for zmodler' i can't import them to zmodeler.
and with 3ds i have to recreate all the textures, and re assign everything - but it is still mapped.
so i guess thats the best way.

____
Tony

Date: December 04, 2005 04:08PM
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i can export to gp4 and with or without 'for
> zmodler' i can't import them to zmodeler.

That's odd, are you using 1.07b?

Actually, can you import the .gp4 of a car to ZM after saving it with 3D editor?

Date: December 05, 2005 12:20AM
Posted by: NS
hm my track was working, but i've deleted and moved some parts of the graphical scene and now my gp4 is crashing at the end of the loading bar =/
Date: December 05, 2005 10:47AM
i'm not sure if deleting objects is 100% safe. i get crashes sometimes doing that.
lucky you have a backup eh? ;-)

@zep - yep.
i was doing cars without problems. i can exoport/import with 3de, but cant get them into zmod.

where is the grid stored? how hard would it be to make a reverse grid?

____
Tony

Date: December 05, 2005 12:30PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Tony:

Grid are made by jip mappings. I was informed by Ricardo Lampert, if I remember right, that you'll need the JAM Editor, for GP3. You can donwload it from his site. I didn't try it yet, but when I do I'll can give you all the informations, I hope.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy