GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: November 02, 2005 11:06PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Ah see, if you do that and drive to where the verge ought to start, you still hit the fence (extensive testing of late), so what I mean is, 3D editor would automatically calcuate a value to match the distance of the verge. So if the verge distance is 2.4m, and you set the bank to 0, it will automatically calculate a distance of 2.4m to match the verge
Date: November 02, 2005 11:18PM
Posted by: Lo2k
OK, I see, I will check that.

Date: November 03, 2005 11:54AM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Hello All,

How can I set two different surfaces to a long verge portion? I detached to another part and the game crashed. I detached to another object and the game crashed. Someone suceeded making it?
Date: November 03, 2005 02:17PM
Yup, check my oval, it needs to be in a different scene from the rest of the track objects
Date: November 03, 2005 03:03PM
Can I transfer a object from a scene to another? Only to know. :D
Date: November 03, 2005 04:06PM
Posted by: cleberpister
As I am now starting to work with track, I ask for the aid of who already knows. Please, they have patience with a novice. It would like to make 2 questions:
1º: Which the archives that I must move to modify an existing tracing already? 2º: It is possible to change an existing tracing already, using the "DISPLACE"? For example, I want to place one deceives in the way of a straight line, as to make? Grateful for the aid.

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: November 03, 2005 04:24PM
Auradrummer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can I transfer a object from a scene to another?
> Only to know. :D
>

Yup, export it to .gp4 and reimport it into another scene, then it will keep all of the textures too :)
Date: November 03, 2005 04:35PM
@Auradrummer: hmm, weird. It should work. Maybe the detached object as a bad name...

@Both Auradrummer and Zeppelin:
[desesperate mode]phew...is one of you ever reading the manual when comes a new version ? or at least the "What's new in this version" section of it ?[/deseperate]

PS: ok I forgot to list this feature in the gp4form history but there's a new menu item indeed...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2005 04:40PM by Lo2k.
Date: November 03, 2005 05:24PM
What's a manual? ;)
Date: November 03, 2005 06:00PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
How can i create with ZModeler a kerbs.gp4 and a track.gp4 file from a 3ds file?

I'm using ZModeler 1.7b.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 03, 2005 06:35PM
Why? You can use import track / pitlane / kerbs from .dat when you open the .gp4
Date: November 04, 2005 12:37AM
Posted by: fulcoboy
I have probably a simple question: How do you know for curtain your track is on scale when you start building the DAT file?
Date: November 04, 2005 10:56AM
Hello Lo2K,

Be calm eheheh, I posted that "only to know" because I don't have the 3DEditor here where I have the net. In the moment I opened the 3DEditor I saw the command to change the scene of the object. Is this command only for the 16.4?

I still cannot edit the verges. I changed the scene, detached to a new part and detached to another object, but the game crashed. Here is my file. -->[files.filefront.com]<--

The verge at the left of the main straight must be of Tarmac, and the anothers of grass. That tarmac have some lines on it, so I cannot make the track wider at at that point. If someone succeed doing that I want to know.

--> Zeppelin:

I'll download your oval and try to see what you did. Thanks.

Date: November 04, 2005 11:23AM
-->Turbo Lover: I'm creating object from a professional 3D program, and 3DS is the format. Why you want to use the Zmodeler? I import it directly to 3Deditor, but there is some things you need to know:

- UVMapping is vertically flipped, so, you can flip them before exporting or flip it inside 3DEditor (there is an 'action' to do this);

- Normals are inverted outside in. Even you compute normals at 3DEditor, your object will look dark or singlesided. So, invert the normals before export;

- The normals aren't so good, even flipped. When you import the object, compute normals with 3DEditor, and everything will be good.

- If you have unwelded points at the UV Mapping, you must have them unwelded at the shape too, or the map will be messed. This is the only thing 3DEditor doesn't supports yet.

-->Cleber Pister: I'm answering questions about trackediting at the "autoracing". All that information was got here and at realgpx. There I'm starting from the beginning, and in Portuguese. See you there.
Date: November 04, 2005 11:37AM
@Auradrummer: OK, no problem :)
I'm downloading your file and I will see what's happening.

These are interesting reports about .3ds files.
I can understand the first 3 points about reversed UVMap, flipped Normals and not so perfect normals (which are not readable/writable from/in .3ds files by 3ded right now and that should eb a reason :)).

But I do not catch the 4th point...Could you put on a ftp such a .3ds object that got messing mapping once imported in 3ded ? That's intriguing.

Date: November 04, 2005 11:55AM
Ok Laurent, in progress...
Date: November 04, 2005 12:34PM
Hi Laurent, here is the file: [files.filefront.com]

I added two "information" jpg. cylinder.jpg shows the mesh how it is. Lo2kUV.jpg shows the UVmapping and have some explanations of where is the problem. cylinder.3ds is the mesh and tex its texture.
Date: November 04, 2005 04:23PM
Thanks AUradrummer but I can't get your files for now, they both need around 1h of queue before being available :(

Date: November 05, 2005 11:53PM
OK, I got both your files today.

I see what you meant about textures and finaly, I was aware of this but can't do much right now than advise to prepare any 3D object build in any 3D tool cutting it in parts, each part having it's own texture (the same way as .gp4 objects are structured in fact).

Concerning your track, I tried to detach faces from the left bank at the end of the straight and it worked perfectly.
Could you give me the exact object name and face number you tried so far to detach ?

Date: November 06, 2005 12:34AM
Are you using the new version? ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy