[NEW] Trouble making your gp4 track work ingame? Look no further :+

Posted by <Maverick> 
>>>>>> [maverick.dynasoft.nl] <<<<<<<<<

here you can download a s/f straight with a pitlane on it. All flags are perfectly placed and the only thing you have to do is put track sectors between the beginning and the end. a working track guaranteed for every new editor in town.

enjoy :)

THANKS!!!! ive always had trouble with the pitlanes and s/f straigh, i think i should of read the tut proply :p
kudos to you Maverick i never got pitlanes correct. maybe i can do some track editing again.
Nice, I'll have a play around straight away.
Great!!! Wil startworking on my new track!

One question ( i haven't opened the zip as I'm at work right now..):
Have you made four templates or one?
1) For pitlanes at the left for a clockwise track
2) For pitlanes at the right for a clockwise track
3) For pitlanes at the left for a counter-clockwise track
4) For pitlanes at the right for a counter-clockwise track
JeDa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great!!! Wil startworking on my new track!
>
> One question ( i haven't opened the zip as I'm at
> work right now..):
> Have you made four templates or one?
> 1) For pitlanes at the left for a clockwise track
> 2) For pitlanes at the right for a clockwise track
>
> 3) For pitlanes at the left for a
> counter-clockwise track
> 4) For pitlanes at the right for a
> counter-clockwise track

I only made pitlanes on the rightside, you can make your track clockwise, or counterclockwise, that doesn't matter. I'll see if i can make another one for a left pitlane sometime.

Thanks very much for this great idea. However I'm still struggling to make a track that works. I followed the instructions (I think? Which sector should I start with 32?) included with the template and with some help from the excellent track making tutorial managed to create a track where the end lined up pretty well with the beginning (only took about 20 goes :-) ). However I can never get it to work in game. Whenever I select the track and then drive GP4 crashes, no matter what mode (free practive, non-champ race, etc). The GPxPatch log reports Flags=00000246, this has happened a number of times.
Can anyone offer any help? I really want to get something to at least work, even if I can't create a great track. Would it be possible to add a few more "blank" sectors to the end of the straight as at least once I created a whole track of "pitlane ends here" sectors which wasn't good. :-)
Again, thanks for trying to help those of us who are mere mortals compared to you track editing gods. Any help greatly appricated (sp?).
Cheers
(Sorry for the long post, but this is really bugging me now).

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules
If you send me the .dat I'll take a look for you, email is tom.matthews@rmplc.co.uk :)
Zeppelin101, thanks for offering to help, you now have mail. While I hope you can get it working don't waste too much time on it.
Cheers

Fixed, you have an email explaining what went wrong. It was mainly pitlane and cc-line related but none the less it works in game now :)
Thanks very much for getting it to work and for the explanation of what was wrong. Hopefully now I'll be able to create some REALLY basic graphics for the track. Driving the track without being able to see it is tricky!

I am having trouble geting my fictional track to load as it keeps crash to desktop when i load gp4.

the track flag list says everything is ok i have also deleted all but initial sectionn of cc-line but still wont load track is using the dat file S1CT04.dat.

any help would be much appricated. I can send the dat if needed.
Hi Carling,

Can you give me a pm about sending your track.

Maybe i can solve the problem.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
can someone look at my track as well, the same is happening and i dont know what is wrong (maybe ccline?)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Robert schreef:
> can someone look at my track as well, the same is
> happening and i dont know what is wrong (maybe
> ccline?)

No problem, send me a pm for my mail address.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

This thread has been linked to the GP4FAQ ;-), nice work.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Hi Carling,
>
> Can you give me a pm about sending your track.
>
> Maybe i can solve the problem.

Hi can you check my track again if send you it as i think i have fixed it with track profiler as everything looks level now.

one more thing can u check the track cameras as i can't view tv lap in editor

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 10:17PM by carling.
Sure, send it again and i will take a look at it.

Cheers

My Grand Prix 4 Files

ok track sent
<Maverick> Wrote:
> >>>>>>
> [maverick.dynasoft.nl]
> <<<<<<<<<
>
> here you can download a s/f straight with a
> pitlane on it. All flags are perfectly placed and
> the only thing you have to do is put track sectors
> between the beginning and the end. a working track
> guaranteed for every new editor in town.
>
> enjoy :)

hi maverick

Could you please send me s/f straight with the pit lane on it as my hard drive broke and i did not have it backed up if not maverick anyone has it.

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2007 06:29PM by carling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy