How to build a track in 60 minutes [v0.51]

Posted by <Maverick> 
Re: How to build a track in 60 minutes [v0.51]
Date: July 21, 2005 12:02AM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Alright cheers, im starting to get the hang of it, except when i got to the pitlane section in the manual created, it seemed as if the pitlane was on a separate section...:| any help on getting the track to join the pitlane, and the flags, as the pictures dont load on his manual...Sorry for the questions...

Cheers to those who can help in any way.
Date: July 21, 2005 02:29PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I've also started with track editing due to Maverick's great tutorial:). If anyone has got some time left and patience at the beginning for learning, then it becomes quite easy. Of course, I have still to learn much but I hope I'll gain more knowledge and experience during these holidays.

Here's my first attempt (about 90 min). It's not quite accurate (original track lenght: 4,428 km - my track lenght: 4,321 km ->descrepancy: 107 m) but it was just a test (finished editing of banks before turn 5).

JEREZ (Spain):

I want to thank Maverick for his great tutorial (and everyone who contributed to it - and of course Lo2k for his superb 3DEitor:)) and hopefully it will be extended.

Keep up that great work guys;)!!!

Date: July 21, 2005 02:36PM
Posted by: Zjokke
@ ruboy : thats more than accurate enough IMO. Looks really good !
@ lucasinio : I'll help you if you want. you got some webspace were i can download the .dat from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2005 02:54PM by Zjokke.
Date: July 21, 2005 10:18PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Another 1994 track! wooo! :)

H E L L O
Date: July 22, 2005 10:34AM
Hi Zjokke,
do you know of any places i can host the file?
Then i will host the file there, and then i hope you can help!
Cheers

EDIT: Zjokke, you can find the file here. [www.savefile.com]
Thnaks for your help!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2005 10:52AM by Lucasinio.
Date: July 22, 2005 12:15PM
@ Lucasinio: I made you a nice pitlane including the flags. Have a look at the place of the flags, because you can't get it clearer than this one.

Before starting the ccline you should do the trackelevations because ccline might act weird on crossroads (I suppose this is a kart circuit because of its shape)

get it here : [users.pandora.be]
Date: July 22, 2005 01:06PM
Cheers Zjokke, one question thoguh, how do i change the elevation of the relevant sections, other than that im on my way!
Date: July 22, 2005 01:17PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
change the Z valie at the sectors position :)

Date: July 22, 2005 01:41PM
Excellent! Cheers guys
Date: July 22, 2005 02:45PM
Right, im totally useless at this, despite giving it my best effort, the crossover seems to stay the same height- and my cc-line s just terrible. Would appreciate if anyone would do these for me, or giving me some help in this.

Thank you
Date: July 22, 2005 06:37PM
i can see you have trouble with ccline, it's a bit difficult, but why cant you edit the height? if you just edit the zvalues there's nothing you can do wrong.

Date: July 22, 2005 08:39PM
I changed the z heights of the cross-over section, but every now and again, it removes a number from the z height box, messing it up, meaning i have to keep reloading it. Ill have another go at it later.
Date: July 22, 2005 08:43PM
dont forget you shoudl initially edit the Zvalue, not Zvalue 2

Date: July 23, 2005 08:36PM
Ive now done that, how do i now go about testing it i game? as in which folder, etc.

Thanks guys
Date: July 23, 2005 08:58PM
'Open up your dat and generate a bin file by clicking file > Create bin file. Now put that bin in the wad of your track.'

Is the bit i dont get. How do i put the bin into the wad part of my track?
Date: July 23, 2005 08:58PM
hm, thats really basic stuff actually, just use the circuit folder.

Date: July 23, 2005 09:19PM
That may be the case, but im a basic person. Sorry about this guys.
Date: July 23, 2005 10:09PM
@ maverick : after building the .dat the gap between the first and the last tracksector should not be to big right? So first and last tracksector may not overlap each other? In my current version of adelaide they do overlap and somethimes during race my pc freezes.
So I removed the last tracksector from the dat, generated the bin, col an did the 3ds conversion. Next when I import the gp4 file (converted from the 3ds one) file into the original melborne2001.wad I noticed that the sliced tracksectors in the .gp4 dissapeared (there is only 1 big sector. In my current .dat where i still got the overlapping end -> begin i got many tracksectors in the .gp4 Is this normal?
Date: July 23, 2005 10:10PM
i usually use the gp4 and col from tjhe track with overlapping sectors. then i delete the last one and generate the bin and save the dat. This gave me perfect results time after time :)

Date: July 23, 2005 10:38PM
<Maverick> Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i usually use the gp4 and col from tjhe track with
> overlapping sectors. then i delete the last one
> and generate the bin and save the dat. This gave
> me perfect results time after time
>
>

Well I did the exact same, but during quickrace the game freezes after a certain time. Is this perhaps possible because of incomplete remapping of the parts in the .gp4?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy