1979 Mod - Beta (b.1.0) released

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 1979 Mod - Beta (b.1.0) released
Date: January 18, 2008 01:04PM
Posted by: celinho
Yes the Lotus 80, is part of the season 1979, by what do I research.
B-tone this is mine humble form of me contribute for the development of this MOD.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: June 19, 2008 02:31PM
Posted by: b-tone
A while ago someone from the team that makes the Michel Vaillant books got in touch about using our models as areference for a new book they were working on.
The book about Gilles Villeneuve is out now and has a nice comic strip from the Dijon 79 race :)

Find out more: [www.michelvaillant.com]
or:
[www.autogids.be]
[www.moniteurautomobile.be]

____
Tony

Date: June 19, 2008 03:11PM
Posted by: stipe
Interesting info Tony ;)
By the way, anything about mod itself?
No need for hurry, just want to know is there any progress?

P.S. Still on of my favorite mods (I played GP79 for rF, which is great as well, but this (your) mod have something 'special';) ;)
Date: June 19, 2008 03:27PM
Posted by: fongu
cool :) They should've just bought the models ;)

Date: June 19, 2008 04:00PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Nice, interesting.
Date: June 19, 2008 04:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, looks great!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 20, 2008 12:09AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
If only we had the mod....:)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: May 27, 2014 11:19PM
Posted by: landex
hi, were can we download the mod?
Date: May 28, 2014 12:19AM
Posted by: nhorry
gp4db.com
Date: May 28, 2014 04:59PM
Posted by: landex
thanks
Date: June 18, 2020 12:27AM
Posted by: Saiborgas
Hi there,
Been having a lot of fun with this 1979 mod, and would like to know if these are known bugs or if somehow they can be solved with minor tweaks:

1-The dashboard rotates like if it is the revs counter, going up and down like crazy each time I accelerate, only fixes when the car stops(like the rev counter needle itself);
2-The arms of the Ligier drivers don’t turn, only the steering wheel does;
3-Noticed that there was an update to fix the pitcrews, but can’t find it anywhere, so could someone please make this available again?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s already a great mod, even in beta version, just would like to fix these bugs if possible.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Cheers
Date: June 18, 2020 09:56AM
Posted by: Noog
I remember all those problems.

It's unfortunate, but 79 is probably the most buggy mod you'll ever come across, so don't get disillusioned by it. Everything can be fixed, but it's extremely frustrating.

I'd tell you how, but it was so long ago I don't remember what I did, except that after eventually fixing it after many days of trying (and then breaking it again when I changed something else) I ended up replacing the entire dashboard and steering wheel (again, not easy).

In the meantime, I think you can stop the dash rotating if you run GPxPatch, then go to the GPxCInfo tab, dble click on the 79 cockpit+whatever line and look for where it says CONTROL at the bottom. As you click each item in the panel on the left notice that it says 'ROTATE' in that little CONTROL area. Setting some or all them to IMAGE instead should help I think, but I seem to remember you'll still end up with other issues whatever you do. Like I said, I eventually scrapped that whole section and rebuilt a new dashboard and steering wheel but only after at least a year of messing with other mods and gaining a bit of knowledge.

If you can find the 1980 mod you'll have much a better time. I think there might be a little bug in that one too concerning the mirrors, but if there is you can send me a PM and I can talk you through that as it's much easier to fix.
Date: June 18, 2020 03:19PM
Noog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember all those problems.
>
> It's unfortunate, but 79 is probably the most
> buggy mod you'll ever come across, so don't get
> disillusioned by it. Everything can be fixed, but
> it's extremely frustrating.
>
> I'd tell you how, but it was so long ago I don't
> remember what I did, except that after eventually
> fixing it after many days of trying (and then
> breaking it again when I changed something else) I
> ended up replacing the entire dashboard and
> steering wheel (again, not easy).
>
> In the meantime, I think you can stop the dash
> rotating if you run GPxPatch, then go to the
> GPxCInfo tab, dble click on the 79
> cockpit+whatever line and look for where it says
> CONTROL at the bottom. As you click each item in
> the panel on the left notice that it says 'ROTATE'
> in that little CONTROL area. Setting some or all
> them to IMAGE instead should help I think, but I
> seem to remember you'll still end up with other
> issues whatever you do. Like I said, I eventually
> scrapped that whole section and rebuilt a new
> dashboard and steering wheel but only after at
> least a year of messing with other mods and
> gaining a bit of knowledge.
>
> If you can find the 1980 mod you'll have much a
> better time. I think there might be a little bug
> in that one too concerning the mirrors, but if
> there is you can send me a PM and I can talk you
> through that as it's much easier to fix.

Hi Noog, many thanks for your reply. I'll give a go at that fix of the dashboard later. About the arms of the ligier drivers, any fix for them to turn like all the others do?
I sure will try the 1980 mod next, but i started watching F1 in 1979 and would like to do at least one more championship on this mod. The first i done was really good, now just hoping for these fixes to do the second, to be somewhat different.

Cheers
Date: June 18, 2020 04:09PM
My 79 mod doesn't have the problem any more, so I must have fixed it, but I don't recall how.

If I had the problem today I would take a look at:

/[YourGP4Folder]/gp4tweak_data/armpos.ini

See how the Ligier values compare to the others and make them something like the average.

If the names are wrong in the file (ie the 2001 names), I think the Ligiers are cars 15 & 16 (trulli & schumacherR).

If you don't have a gp4tweak_data folder, the easiest way to fix the arms would be with a little program called GP4Tweaker. Option 23 lets you set the arms.
Date: June 19, 2020 12:54AM
None of the fixes worked, any other ideas for the rotating dashboard and the ligier drivers arms to turn?

Cheers
Date: June 19, 2020 02:09AM
-------------------------------------------------------
> Noog Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> > 79 is probably the most buggy mod you'll ever come across, so don't get
> > disillusioned by it. Everything can be fixed, but it's extremely frustrating.

I tried to warn you.

Try this instead. Come back to 79 later.

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 19, 2020 10:53AM
You sure tried to warn me. I've broken my fist and can't play nowadays, that's why i tried to give it a go in fixing these "small" buggs. Maybe if i could play, i wasn't that bothered and already had started that second championship. A few months back i tried the 1980 mod, it looked really good, sure is on my list, like the 1981 mod, if there was one. Anyways, until i can play i will try to look into this fixing, maybe someone else can help with this, maybe even the makers @shutt1e or @b-tone could shed a little light on this matter?
Any help would be appreciated, if not,its still a great mod to play with.

Cheers
Date: June 19, 2020 03:30PM
OK. Since this mod is so frustrating, I just re-installed the mod so I could write this little guide to fix the rotating dashboard problem. It would be nice if someone could add a guide to help with some of the other problems too, but I unfortunately I just don't have the time to work on it right now.

In a new installation, install the mod.

Do NOT change your screen resolution yet. Leave it on the default for now.

Go into GPxPatch - GPxCInfo. Double click whichever 1979\cockpit-xxx+xxx.ini you have in there.

Make sure Revs is selected in the left hand panel

Select image in the Control area

Click the edit button

Set Mode to truncate or scale (not sure which is best [scale probably] but they both work), but NOTE that radial fill is what is rotating your dash. (Take note of the Destination values to the right - you'll need them later)

Click OK, OK

Your rotating dash should be fixed now.

Now, when you DO set your screen resolution, your dashboard image is going to be in the wrong place, and so is your pitboard, the pitboard text etc, but at least you won't have to deal with that rotating dash anymore!

Hope that helps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2020 03:31PM by Noog.
Date: June 19, 2020 08:19PM
Hi Noog,
Many thanks for your efforts, but that didn't work either for the dashboard. I've been in a trial and error mission over here and could put the arms of the ligier drivers to turn. There was a small error on the hands-xxxxxx.ini file. Maybe yours has this error too, you can find it in the line [Steer23ontrol] and you can see that there is missing the "C". One bugg fixed, by pure luck i guess.

As you can see, the arms turn now, the dashboard is completely out of place, going up and down like the needle of the rev limiter. Does yours stay still?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2020 08:39PM by Saiborgas.
Date: June 19, 2020 10:44PM
My dash does not rotate. I started with a new GP4 installation, installed the mod and did EXACTLY what I said in my post. Then I deleted it all and repeated the process again to make sure. It doesn't fix anything else, which I mentioned it wouldn't, but if you follow my instructions above it will stop the dash from rotating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy