1979 Mod - Beta (b.1.0) released

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 1979 Mod - Beta (b.1.0) released
Date: June 20, 2020 12:31AM
Posted by: Saiborgas
Maybe i haven't done it properly, so here goes some doubts:

Do NOT change your screen resolution yet. Leave it on the default for now. [What do you mean here? i never changed the screen resolution before]

(Take note of the Destination values to the right - you'll need them later)[When would i need them?]

Now, when you DO set your screen resolution, your dashboard image is going to be in the wrong place, and so is your pitboard, the pitboard text etc, but at least you won't have to deal with that rotating dash anymore![Again where and why should i set the screen resolution?]

Maybe i haven't quite understood your explanation. Sorry.
Date: June 20, 2020 01:22AM
Posted by: Noog
1. The game screen defaults to 1024 x 768 resolution in a new installation.

Most people have a bigger monitor than that, so they make the resolution higher to make the game screen bigger (ie 1680 x 1050, or 1920 x 1080 or even larger than that).

However, your screenshot suggests that you ARE using 1024 x 768 resolution, which IS the default, so what I said doesn't apply to you.

2. If you WERE able to change your resolution to something larger, you would have noticed that the dash gets smaller and it moves to the left. For example, I play the game in a 1680 x 1050 window, so when I change the screen size the game gets bigger but the dash seems to get smaller and move to the left along with the steering wheel and the driver's visor (i.e. you suddenly have even more bugs than you had before!) - and you'd need to change the destination values to put things right again.

Again though, this doesn't apply to YOU because you won't be changing the resolution, but I didn't know that.

So, here are he things that you need to do again:

1. Open GPxPatch and click the GPxCInfo tab

2. To the left of the new window you have now, double click the file called 1979\cockpit-xxx+xxx.ini.

3. In the new window that opens now, make sure Revs is selected in the left hand panel (Info Items)

Now, look down and right to the "Control" area in the same window. There's an empty box below it.

Click into the empty box and choose 'image' from the drop down menu.

You now have an edit button below the control area which was greyed out before.

Click the edit button

In that new page, there is an area called 'mode' and it shows 'Radial Fill'. You don't want that. Click into that box and choose scale instead.

Click OK, OK.

Run the game & the dash no longer rotates.

I'm going to bed now. Have fun....
Date: June 20, 2020 01:30PM
Hi Noog,

Short version: ITS WORKING, YES!!!

Long Version: After following carefully your instructions, i ended up with no dashboard or steering wheel, don't ask me why. That got me frustrated once more and again. Then i remembered why not using your explanation, but doing it directly on the "cockpit-xxx+xxx.ini" file, not with gpxpatch or gpxcinfo tab. At the top of that file says "SessionMode=0,1,2,3,4,5" and that stands for truncate, scale, rotate, transpose, toggle and radiate fill. Then a bit further down on that file says "[RevsControl]" and after the Enable line, there is "Mode=2", which means "mode=rotate". I changed it to "Mode=1" (scale) et voilá, dashboard got fixed and as a plus, i haven't noticed anything out of its place. The mod was already good to me, just got a lot better. Thanks to the makers and many thanks to you for your patience, time, work and willingness to help me. Here's how it looks now:

Date: June 20, 2020 05:37PM
Posted by: lpx
Great thanks a lot, it's working for me too but I changed the mode=2 to mode=1 under the line[revscontrol] and under the line [revs1control]. Just the first one had no change for me
Date: June 20, 2020 06:49PM
Hi lpx,
As i understand now, [revs1control] controls the needle from the rpm, so you prevented the needle from rotating, mine, and this i just tested, rotates like it should. [revscontrol] is for the dashboard, wich was my main problem and that is solved. Anyway, glad that we could help you too.

Cheers
Date: June 20, 2020 07:29PM
Saiborgas écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi lpx,
> As i understand now, controls the needle from the
> rpm, so you prevented the needle from rotating,
> mine, and this i just tested, rotates like it
> should. is for the dashboard, wich was my main
> problem and that is solved. Anyway, glad that we
> could help you too.
>
> Cheers

Ah OK thanks
Date: June 21, 2020 03:52AM
Posted by: Murilo
Dear companions, I have tried everything but I cannot place the centralized steering wheel.
It is slightly to the left (I was unable to insert the image in this message). Does anyone have any idea what it might be?
I thank anyone who can help me.
I entrusted the translation to Google, sorry for any wrong term.
Date: June 21, 2020 06:34AM
@ Murilo.

This occurs because you have changed the screen resolution from the 1024 x 768 default, as I mentioned earlier.

To fix it:

1. Open GPxPatch and click the GPxCInfo tab

2. Double click the file called 1979\cockpit-xxx+xxx.ini.

3 In the 'Design Area' (top left), select 'Center', not 'Move to Edges'

That should solve the problem.

@ Saiborgas.

Glad you got it fixed.

Bugs still to bite:

Arms in the air in T-cam view

Tyrrell drives have no arms at all

Probably others too.
Date: June 21, 2020 11:21AM
Noog Wrote:

>
> Tyrrell drives have no arms at all
>

This one got fixed in my trial and error mission. On my mod there was a small error on the "hands-WolfReb+shadow.ini". I don't quite remember what were the wrong values, but you must have these ones to fix it:

[Steer13ControlImage0]
Path=hands.tga
X=97
Y=212
Width=830
Height=830
SrcWidth=1024
SrcHeight=1024
ShowForTeam=2

This only happened with this file, the others were fine, but you can check all the other "hands-xxxxx+xxxxx.ini" files to see if you find something different. The one that is different, is not showing the tyrrell drivers hands.
Hope it works for you too.

Cheers
Date: June 21, 2020 02:03PM
The 79 mod I use is one I made up which uses the default game arms, so it's not a problem I have, but others will so it's good that you posted the solution.

Putting dashboard, arms and stuff like that in GPxCInfo is a nice idea, but because I don't use the default screen resolution it's just too time consuming and annoying to get everything in the proper place again.

So, after all that frustration, if anyone would like some better steering wheels for the Ligier, Lotus, Tyrrell and Alfa cars that I made, help yourself. They're not accurate for 79 as such, but they look quite nice - and if anyone makes use of any of them I'd appreciate it if you posted a quick screenshot here in the thread. Thanks.

[ufile.io]
Date: June 21, 2020 03:53PM
Posted by: Jordhy
Hello, I already did and redid several guidelines, but when I go to test, nothing has changed, how can I save these changes definitively ???, I thank the help of university students and others. (google tradutor)

Ola, ja fiz e refiz diversas orientaçoes, porem quando vou testar, nada mudou, como posso salvar em definitivo essas mudanças???, agradeço a ajuda dos universitarios e outros.
Date: June 21, 2020 04:28PM
Jordhy écrivait:
> Hello, I already did and redid several guidelines,
> but when I go to test, nothing has changed, how
> can I save these changes definitively ???, I thank
> the help of university students and others.
> (google tradutor)
>
> Ola, ja fiz e refiz diversas orientaçoes, porem
> quando vou testar, nada mudou, como posso salvar
> em definitivo essas mudanças???, agradeço a
> ajuda dos universitarios e outros.

Is your screen resolution 1024 x 768?
Date: June 21, 2020 05:04PM
Jordhy,

Are you using GPXPatch to edit the cockpit-xxx-xxx.ini file, or are you editing it directly in notepad or something?

If you are editing the file directly in notepad but you are leaving GPxPatch open, I THINK (but I could be wrong), that GPxPatch will over-write it again with the old data when you close it, even if you told notepad to save before that! So, make sure you close GPXPatch completely before you edit the file with notepad.

If you are editing the file in GPxPatch, after you've finished and you click OK, just click a different file in GPxPatch. Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think GPxPatch actually updates the file you edited until you click away from it. You know what I mean?

Also, just to be sure, does your screen look like the first pic Saiborgas posted, ie with the dashboard rotated? Or do you have other problems now?
Date: June 21, 2020 05:07PM
WIN10 64BITS 1920 x 1080, I changed and it was practically in the center, because I use a 42 inch TV.

WIN10 64BITS 1920 x 1080, mudei e ficou praticamente no centro, pois uso uma tv de 42 pol.
Date: June 21, 2020 05:28PM
Noog, in the notepad I did not find the file, I was instructed to go to gpxpatch / pnl, but my pnl file has nothing empty, with respect to the screen it was in the resolution as described just now, I changed it, it was centralized and I haven't tried to change anything in the game yet.

Noog, no bloco de notas nao localizei o arquivo, fui orientado a ir no gpxpatch/pnl, porem o meu arquivo pnl nao tem nada esta vazio, com relaçao a tela ela estava na resoluçao conforme descrivi ainda agora a pouco, mudei, ficou centralizada e ainda nao tentei mudar nada no jogo.
Date: June 21, 2020 06:05PM
Do you have ANYTHING in the pnl folder or just no .ini files?

There should be LOTS of other files in there.

a) If there ARE other files in the pnl folder:

Go to the tools menu, select folder options, then view. Now un-tick the entry that says 'hide extensions for known file types'.

Now if you had a file previously called cockpit-Alfa+Shadow. it will now look like cockpit-Alfa+Shadow.ini

OR,

b) If there's NOTHING in the pnl folder

I guess you'll have to re-install the mod again.

Make sense?
Date: June 21, 2020 07:09PM
Posted by: Murilo
Noog thanks for responding.
I still couldn't because the * .ini file doesn't save the command you suggested.
How am I accessing:
- I open the CSM;
- I click on the mod;
- I click on his GPxPatch;
- I follow your suggestion and still don't save.
Did I do something wrong?
Date: June 21, 2020 07:27PM
Noog, reinstalled, full pnl file, now calmly I will take the information posted here and make the changes, thank you and everyone who has collaborated on this solution.

Noog, reinstalado, arquivo pnl cheio, agora com calma vou pegar as informaçoes postadas aqui e fazer as alteraçoes, obrigado e a todos que teem colaborado nessa soluçao.
Date: June 21, 2020 07:30PM
the ini file is in gp4/Gpsaves/carset/1979 1,0/data/gpxpatch/pnl ans as says Noog, if there is nothing in this folder, you need to reinstall the mod
Date: June 21, 2020 08:04PM
Hello, problem 100% solved, I thank you all for your understanding and infinite help, the reinstatement made everything easier, I changed it by notepad and now it's just fun.

Ola, problema resolvido 100%, agradeço a todos pela compreesao e infinita ajuda, a reinstalaçao facilitou tudo, alterei pelo bloco de notas e agora e so diversao.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy