gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season set [fix2 online: p7]

Posted by _Erix_ 
Re: gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season set Released!
Date: April 24, 2005 11:54AM
Posted by: adam75
<Maverick> Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> press "w" (from wipe )
>
>

Is it possible to clean visor with a button on the steering wheel ??

Thanks.
if you have a logitech wheel, you can assign keys to buttons in the logitech profiler, otherwise google for the software "joytokey"...
Re: gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season set [updates online: p5]
Date: April 24, 2005 12:08PM
Posted by: adam75
I have a microsoft wheel.

Joytokey seems good.

Thanks a lot.
Re: gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season set [updates online: p5]
Date: April 26, 2005 10:11PM
Posted by: _Erix_
New and final fix is released. It's called fix2 and updates the physics and performances to a much higher quality and fixes the last bugs. There are more items updated such as the qualifying sessions and pitlane speed.
Get it here:
[gp4cardesign.drivingitalia.net]
I thank Nicola Acciarri for the magnificent work and amount of energy put into the physics and performance update!

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Er it doesn't appear like that page has been updated yet, so you can't really get it atm O_o

H E L L O
Re: gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season set [fix2 online: p7]
Date: April 26, 2005 10:25PM
Posted by: Ruboy
YES!!!:)

I couldn't await it!

Great Job, guys!

BIG THANKS to the gp4.gamer.nl-team!!!

Will test it immediately:)

Date: April 26, 2005 10:44PM
Daniel Knott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Er it doesn't appear like that page has been
> updated yet, so you can't really get it atm O_o

Scroll down? F5? ;-)

Date: April 26, 2005 10:44PM
Posted by: vesuvius
works fine here ,thanks :)
hmm it works if I press f5, strange. What is F5, reload or something?

H E L L O
Date: April 26, 2005 11:20PM
F5?
Reload, refresh, show best line or:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2005 11:20PM by _Erix_.
Date: April 26, 2005 11:25PM
Posted by: strongbow
@erix

are the .dats compatible with ricardo's 2004 circuits? did you use them as base maybe?

cheers & thanks!
Date: April 26, 2005 11:32PM
I don't think they will conflict with the track.wads. They are done by Nicola and magic data has been added to them. I still have the default tracks so I can't really tell.

Date: April 27, 2005 05:14PM
Just some questions about the physics and .dat-files:

1) What properties do the .dat-files of each track exactly contain ((increasing?) track-grip level? decreasing tyre-grip? revs? specific stuff for each team?). I only know that they include track-camera angles and the white or yellow lines for split and pits.

2) Nicolas has adjusted these .dat-files for his new physics. Do they also work properly with other physics (e.g. standard GP4 phyics). Or do I have to replace them by the old original .dats?

3) Refers to 1): What features wil be missing if I take Nicola's physics, but don't use his .dat-files but the oiginal ones from Ricardo's 2004 tracks?

4) What does magic data conatin?

I asked this because I sometimes would like to switch between Nicola's physics and the standard physics. Furthermore, I prefer Ricardo's .dat-files beacuse of the better trackside-camera angles and the white/yellow split/pit-lines which unfortunately aren't included in every .dat of Nicola.

I hope someone is able to answer my questions.

Thanks in advance,
Ruboy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2005 05:15PM by Ruboy.
Thanks for Your appreciation, mate.
I can replay to your questions:
1) Dat files ( Track files, without the graphic wad files ) are a simpler way to update a lot of physical data in tracks, instead to use magic files, through the magic editor, as in my previous performances packs. Therefore, new Dat files ( that are anyway based on the original track files, and so on those by Lampert ) are not changing anything on the graphic updates of tracks, including camera views, pit order, etc.
2) dat files included in Erik's update have to be used with my performances text files, and the new Physic file, also included in this fix 2 update.
This , of course, is not mandatory...but is strongly suggested. In fact, it should be a "non sense" thing to use original Dat files, with all other perf files from this new Erik's update.
Indeed, You can use also separately these files, but performances ( in terms of laptimes, driving sensation, etc ) are available only using all files togheter. Of course, one may use the new physic file in any other version of GP4, including those with original Dat ( track ) files...this is a choice.
3) always regarding magic data, and therefore in this case Dat files( updated with my new magic files ): they are essential in updating, in each track, default car set up; braking balance; downforce coefficient; track grip; tyre wear for human driver; tyre type; bhp power for cars in that track; grip factor for CPU drivers; weather conditions; fuel quantity and consumption for all cars; pit stops data; damage data for tthe race in that track; bumping factors for only human drivers; etc, etc.
As You can see, there are a lot of new factors in updated Dat files, respect those original ones, or also those by lampert.
Date: April 27, 2005 06:18PM
@ nicol@cciarri

Thanks for your reply. I'll test ist within the next week and I will see how it works. I just wanted to ask these things - it was no criticism, for I really appreaciate your very specific and realistic physics. It's a real upgrade to this fantastic mod.

Cheers,
Ruboy

Date: April 28, 2005 11:06AM
Posted by: Leslie
Date: April 28, 2005 01:48PM
Any one else only getting one car going out in qualfying

at the first event Schumahcer went out but no body else???

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: May 05, 2005 07:31AM
Posted by: Paco
have you seen any qualy session since 2003???? :)
Date: May 05, 2005 08:48AM
Posted by: Gang$ta
Another mirror by me :D

[www.sebszhost.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy