Davidson BAR 006 China livery Ver 2.0 Wip page 3

Posted by Button14 
Re: Davidson BAR 006 China livery Finished!!
Date: September 27, 2004 10:45PM
Posted by: Willb
hes not guna make ity available for download..as its for his own use read first posta nd you will see.
Re: Davidson BAR 006 China livery Finished!!
Date: September 27, 2004 10:47PM
Posted by: jginete
sorry, stupid post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2004 10:49PM by jginete.
Ok heres the final car im pretty happy with it the 555 over the side pods and engine cover was a bitch and i may still improve it but thats it for now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2004 01:17AM by Button14.
Good work button14.
Did you painted that on a template?
Anyway it looks a good quality car!well done
Re: Davidson BAR 006 China livery Finished!!(Page 2 Final car)
Date: September 27, 2004 11:48PM
Posted by: danm
woah thats brilliant! what did u do the shot render in? mate u gotta show me how to do that!!!

*edited because my excitement was an over reaction - sorry

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2004 01:08AM by danm.
in zmod copy the car flip the copy and place underneath simple

Date: September 27, 2004 11:54PM
oooh im a dumbass...looks well funky!

um...ok for a first try...but ill just say the engine cover and nose needs alot of work....im not saying anymore than that.

I don't want to offend anybody here... but...
Very good... my opinion.

Try to release the car Button... ask for the autorizathion and if it is ok release it.

www.gundambrasil.com.br

six dehrees what are u saying i dont care just say it

ok for is first car ????
It looks a very good car for is first try,I bet some of the todays best painters couldnt do such a good job when they made their first car!
Everyone has to start from the beggining ,we cant expect that a newbie in gpx painting, make a masterpice in his first attempt...
It looks to me that some people in this forum are acting like jerks and making stupid comments in some threads lately.
If you dont like just say why it isnt good,and if you have knowledge in gp4 editing try to give some advice.

this is simply a fantastic work and i love the Car
Date: September 28, 2004 12:25AM
@Eugenio Faria well said! ok its not dahie or bojan quality but look at it....monday after the sunday race and its a FULL car COMPLETED! this is button14's first proper full car, and i emphasise FULL!!!! take a look at gpx car painting for other peoples first attempts. this guy has got some talent, nurture him well master....this kids going somewhere!

nitpickers wont change, theyre here to annoy AND improve the quality of stuff, but this car as it is is excellent! touche!

To be honest I'm not going to say too much about this car, other than it's ok really, but nothing like as special as some people in this thread are making out.

I'm going to pick up on something Eugenio said now, and everything after here is constructive criticsim towards new carpainters, basically...

"Everyone has to start from the beggining ,we cant expect that a newbie in gpx painting, make a masterpice in his first attempt"

and "If you dont like just say why it isnt good,and if you have knowledge in gp4 editing try to give some advice."

Indeed we can't expect a masterpiece on the first attempt... but there is a lot more information available to "wannabe" carpainters these days than in the past - particularly when i started many years ago - which means a certain amount of fast tracking can be done. GpxCarpainting is a truly excellent resource.

Right, this is a direct quote from a post Ray (Max Downforce) made in response to a question regarding making templates in psp from me - in May this year. I found it to be ridiculously informative (I can't thank Ray enough for sharing his knowledge here, it took my painting to a new level). I cannot emphasise the use of layers in psp enough btw.

"Shading

The most difficult bit imho, use light various light brush settings. By light i mean soft and blurry (minimum opacity) combined with blur tools, soften tools, smudge tools etc. You really have to experiment with this to get proper looking shading.

In psp8 there is a light/dark brush option too. But that only works on non layered images to my knowledge.

Highlights

The same as shading but more subtle and obviously with light (white) colors. When you make highlights, use a black background to see them properly.

Bodyworklines

Not very difficult but can dramatically improve the look of your car. Here's how to do them. Use bezier curves and straight lines to draw a single line pattern on the car suggesting different bodycoverparts. When you make them and view them in Zmodeler, imagine the engineers who have to get to the engine and other parts of the car with ease. This will enable you to create joning lines on logical efficient places like in real life F1. Consequently there have to be screws on logical places like on the edges of the different bodyworkcoverparts (read on). Study f1 pix carefully or make up your own in a logical way.

When you have done the single lines (in black), copy the layer and turn up the brightness to maximum, this will turn the lines into white. Move the white layer under the layer with the black lines and move it a little (few pixels) to the side or bottom of the black lines. Now experiment with differnent opacity settings on the white and the black lines (in psp there is a slider in the layer palette). If you have done it properly you'll be surprised at the effect of the black and white lines together creating the illusion of 3d edges.

Screws
Create a tiny circle in black, put on, 1 or maybe 2 pixels of white near the edge but not on the edge of the little circle. Copy this button or screw to various places by copying the layer and moving the screws along the bodyworklines in a logical way. When you're done, merge the screws onto one layer. Copy that layer and turn up the brightness. Move the layer under and a bit to the side of the black screws, experiment with the opacity of both layers and you're done. "

I know that's a fairly long read but it's very worth it.

In the case of this bar test car, placing logos and stars on different layers is a good idea - I feel instead of using a picture from google you should've made the base layer a suitable blue and added stars on a new layer (perhaps cropped from the googled image) - you could copy this layer and adjust its opacity to make highlights on the stars too. Obviously there'll be some mapping limitations so you'll either have to learn to map (I'll excuse that one :P) or make the best of it through slight compromises.

I think I've covered as much as I can without falling asleep..... I truly hope it helps.
Date: September 28, 2004 01:12AM
excellent set of text, learnt A LOT from reading that thanks! :D

thanx thats fair enough and that can help me and looking at the acr theres many things that are not right but ill do better in the future your points sixdegrees are appreciated

Date: September 28, 2004 01:42AM
bar 555 car v2.0 i sense ;)

whos shape is it Wai's or dahie shape man (i dont know your name LOL!)

phil-webb.tk | team lotus 2005
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy