CART and Champ Car Mods

Posted by keithd203 
CART and Champ Car Mods
Date: September 01, 2004 06:51AM
Posted by: keithd203
I downloaded and installed the CART and Champ car mods for Gp4, along with all of the required patches and utilities, and I cannot get these mods to work. When I run Car Creator I keep receiving a message "You have an unkown version."

I am totally at a lose. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Re: CART and Champ Car Mods
Date: September 01, 2004 10:17AM
Posted by: ralphi
you have an unknown version of the exe... try another exe file and it might work..

Date: September 01, 2004 11:02AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Nope... Read carefully Marko... ;) He's using Carset Creator (CSC), and he needs Carset Manager (CSM)!
So, download CSM from HERE And install it. Set you Carsets folder to (Gp4 folder)/GPSAVES/Carsets, select the mod you want to run and.. have fun!!! :)

Date: September 01, 2004 02:42PM
Thanx Oggo, I do have CSM installed, and I tried starting the mods with it, but it goes to the gp4 menu. I've tried using the CART.exe and Champ.exe shortcuts, but I get a message that binkw32.dll was not found. Clearly I am doing something wrong.
Date: September 01, 2004 02:51PM
Well, you have to start the MODs via CSM, not via the exes. Then you'll have the mod's loaded. Be sure to have the fixes for both mods installed ;-)

Date: September 01, 2004 02:53PM
Posted by: ralphi
ooupsy.. :P my bad..

Date: September 01, 2004 06:31PM
Sorry to be a pest Oggo, but exactly what fixes are you referring to? T looked all thru the website and couldn't find any. I'm still getting the gp4 menu when I start both mods from CSM. There are other tabs on the main screen of CSM, should I do something within those tabs?

This seems like its going to be an incredible mod, and I love champ cars, but it is starting to get a bit frustrating, especially for a person that isn't extremely computer savvy. Any help you can give would be appreciated, and please be a bit more detailed. And if I start getting on your nerves please say so and I will move onto another game. Thanx again!
Date: September 01, 2004 07:39PM
Don't start feeling sorry only for asking some help, keithd203. So many people asks and much more will do it again. ;-)

Anyway, go to GPx CART World and there you'll find the fixes for both mods :) They are in they're respective mod's page.

About CSM, all you've got to do is select the carset (MOD) you want to launch in the left column and then click run. Oh, I guess you downloaded CSM from the link I gave you... So, is it v1.0? Please check, as if it's not, then you need to download v1.0 ;-)

Date: September 03, 2004 02:16AM
Welp Oggo, I downloaded and install CSM v1.0, and when I tried to open it, I received the message "zlib.dll not found." This was odd because I noticed the zlib.dll file in the same folder as the CSM. Help!!

I don't know how you computer pros keep this stuff straight. It would drive me absolutely bonkers!
Date: September 03, 2004 12:22PM
If you've got problems using CSM, try writing a post a the forum of the site I gave you the link in my previous posts. It's weird, as I've never heard of that problem...

Date: September 03, 2004 02:15PM
Posted by: chet
Oggo - love your 2003 cart MOD!!! :):):)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 04, 2004 10:35AM
Thank you chet!!!!! :):):)

Date: September 04, 2004 03:59PM
Posted by: Sauber89
I've got a problem with this aswell iv downloaded the mod and car set manager and i no u have 2 run it from car set manager but when i click install car set i click on the files and theres no cmi car set manager files i'm totaly confused and lost plez help
Date: September 04, 2004 09:56PM
You don't need installing from CMI file. Check the carsets folder path from the file/options menu. It should be poninting to (gp4)/gpsaves/carsets, where the mod is automatically installed. The you'll see the mod on the left column. Just select it and run the game from CSM ;-)

Date: September 04, 2004 10:23PM
Posted by: champ
oggo, have both your excellent mods, works just great with csm. cant wait for 2001 mod, any news on that?
Date: September 06, 2004 11:39AM
Thank you very much Champ! :)
About the 2001, it's a brand new mod, build from scratch. So it will take a bit longer than 2003. Anyway it's coming along good. Here come 2 renders of the finished Rynard 2001 (standard chassis)

Date: September 06, 2004 11:46AM
Posted by: big jon famagoosta
I feel like a twat for saying it (coz it looks awesome) but the Toyota logo on the engine is reversed.

Date: September 06, 2004 11:48AM
Posted by: fongu
its still amazing. Great work diego :)

Date: September 06, 2004 12:57PM
Thank you guys :)
About the reversed logo, I already knew that. We'll fix it. The textures are still WIP (is the shape that is finished ;) )

Date: September 06, 2004 03:44PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
It would be nice to see a car in one piece aswell :)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy