Car deviating on its own from straight line

Posted by nicki87 
Car deviating on its own from straight line
Date: May 21, 2023 08:53PM
Posted by: nicki87
Hi! I've got an handling problem with an F1 mod based on 2000 season, I hope that someone may help me: I use an Xbox360 controller and when I drive on a straight, as soon I reach the speed of 270-280 kph, the car deviates on its own from the straight line and it finishes off the track.
I tried to replace the physics file with another one and that issue seems to be solved. What might the problem be? I'd like to make the original physics file of the mod work without replacing it, because I feel that it might conflict with the torque.ini file and with the performance file of the original F1 2000 mod. Is there a way to do something? Thank you very much indeed for your help :)
Is it just at that speed or is it in general? Cuz I use a DS3 (LOL) and that's never happened.
My recommendation is to check your calibration, if there's no deviation there, then we'd have to dig deep.
Re: Car deviating on its own from straight line
Date: May 22, 2023 01:49PM
Yes, it happens just at that speed; unfortunately I don’t think it’s a matter of calibration since with other mods I have no problems, that’s why I’m worried :(
Is it slight or full "yeet to the shadow realm"?
Date: May 22, 2023 03:46PM
Well, it is remarkable, because all of a sudden it causes the car to go off the track, and it’s very difficult to handle the vehicle at that speed. I’ve never seen such a thing, in my opinion it’s related to the physics, in fact replacing that file with another one solves the problem; if I knew what parameter causes the issue, I’d try to modify it but I’m totally at a loss :-o
Date: May 24, 2023 08:19PM
Anyway I’ve tried the mod with the wheel too and I confirm that the car at high speed is very twitchy on the straights, that’s frustrating :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy