Jaguar R3 (2002) Season Pack by Lee, SkaningeN & Fongu *Released!*

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Jaguar Cosworth R3 Season Package by Lee, SkaningeN & Fongu
----------------------------------------------------
This is a full season package for the '02 Jaguar. It contains 15 versions but many look very alike.
All liverys are included and a couple of different shapes were the size of the rear wing is
difference for a couple of versions.
---------------------------------------------------
INFO:
---------------------------------------------------
This car was converted from my F1 Challenge 99-02 game for GP4 by Lee many years ago, I provided the car
from F1C and Lee did the everything else and then we shared it. It was really never touched after that, until now.
The quality of the shape is not very high in todays standards, it's quite low poly and the textures are not nearly highres.
You would think that the car would be a needle in the eye compared to all those great cars by Soulbringer & Kedy for the same
season but with Hega's tyres and helmets, it does not look half bad. But you should know, if this was Soulbringer & Kedy's
R3, the quality would be 1000 times better. However, as far as I know, this is the best alternative we have at the moment.
--------------------------------------------------
What has changed since first release:
--------------------------------------------------
* All the F1C cars had 18 additional textures mapped to it in order to make it work. That was a pain!
Thankfully, Fongu helped me bring all those textures down to only 1! So instead of 18 extra textures,
the car only need 1 now. Yay!

* I've reworked the alpha layers so they are almost completly new

* I've added a new and more accurate rear wing to the car, and remapped the backside of the rear wing to place the HSBC logo correctly

* I've fixed the mapping on the front wing endplates so it now has the right color

* I've changed the mapping to have two versions of the front wing mountings, white for the first 4 races and green for the rest of the season

* I've fixed a mapping issue on the T-cam which also made it possible for me to paint the T-cam in the proper color for car1 at each race

* The rear view mirrors was not working, something I missed. But that was fixed by Jurgen (Quickslick) during testing

* I've added all missing liverys used during the 2002 season and upped the quality of the textures a little bit

* I've added different shapes (mainly the rear wing size is the difference)

* Fongu had to fix an annoying mapping issue that I seem to be the cause of when I tinker with a car to much!
------------------------------------------------
Preview:

Big Thanks to:
- Lee, for helping me convert the car to GP4 all those years ago. Legend!
- Fongu, for helping me tidy up the shape and minimize the amount of textures, also of course fixing problems I caused. Legend!
- Quickslick, for fixing the mirrors and testing the car. Legend!
What happens now?
This car is mainly a help to complete your 2002 mod. If there is anyone out there that would like to improve the quality
of the shapes and textures, feel free to do so. If you decide to share that with anyone, go ahead. Just make sure
that proper credit is being added to your release.

I'll end this novel with a line that Lee used to say: "If you don't like it, don't use it!"

DL Link: [www.mediafire.com]

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2022 05:14PM by SkaaningeN.
outstanding job! thank you very much!

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Yay, was just playing around with 2002 cars and was sad that there wasn´t really a good quality 2002 Jaguar out , huge thanks!
Thanks a lot !!! Really cool to finish these cars !! (H)

I have a problem with the link, is it normal ?

Thank you so much for your work ! ;-)
titi01170 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks a lot !!! Really cool to finish these cars
> !! (H)
>
> I have a problem with the link, is it normal ?
>
> Thank you so much for your work ! ;-)

The link works fine for me

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Nice thorough work as always, glad I could help you out a bit

Thank you
Fantastic attention to detail as usual, thank you Eric! (B)

Lovely Jag, thanks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Great pack! Thank you Lee, SkaningeN & Fongu!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
thank you very much for the great Jaguar package
Thank you very much Skaaningen!
Hi..Great car thanks for the release just one question do you have the tweaker settings for the car?..Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy