Track turns white in some sectors (solved)

Posted by Foreverk 
Track turns white in some sectors (solved)
Date: November 12, 2022 03:52PM
Posted by: Foreverk
I have this issue, the track turns white in some sectors, only happens with 2021 and 2022 mods, any idea why or how to fix it? Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2022 10:29PM by Foreverk.
Re: Track turns white in some sectors
Date: November 12, 2022 09:03PM
Posted by: JCaranti
3 explanations
1- in some settings of the mod to include files that are not suposed to be in a track .wad
2- some settings to delete files inside a .wad
3- CSM wadcache did not work properly in a previous run of the mod and did not put back files inside a .wad

Any of those causes you need to put manualy back the interlagos2001.wad file and test what happens.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: November 12, 2022 09:40PM
Posted by: mortal
Track looks good after a recent snowfall.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 13, 2022 11:32AM
Posted by: viking75
mortal écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Track looks good after a recent snowfall.

:-):-):-)(Y)
Date: November 13, 2022 09:41PM
I think it has something to do with the f1graphics file or something related, it's not that textures are missing, it's at times some sectors turn white as if they were too bright, sometimes the asphalt too, but trying the same track with other mods the track looks good, any ideas?
Date: November 14, 2022 03:49PM
Or it may be something related to the CSM structure of the mod, I tried using the 2022 cars in the structure of the 2013 mod and that does not happen, the track looks good...
Date: November 14, 2022 03:56PM
Posted by: Prblanco
White objects like that definitely are missing textures, if it switches back and forth it means something is causing the textures to be unloaded/reloaded frequently. Maybe the game is running out of memory or, as you say, something in the f1graphics.cfg is causing this behaviour. Try deleting f1graphics.cfg (make a backup first) and see if it changes anything.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: November 14, 2022 08:13PM
I've already tried deleting the f1graphics.cfg file, but it's still the same... in the screenshot you can't see it, but it's not that it always looks white, it's sometimes when passing through a sector, suddenly the grass turns white, or a grandstand, but the texture is there, it's not that it's missing. I also tried changing the graphic settings of the mod but for example disabling fogging everything is black and changing other parameters directly the game crashes... I'm going to try to record it on video so that it can be better appreciated.
Date: November 14, 2022 09:46PM
Posted by: superman77m
It is possible that the failure is due to the positioning coordinates of the solar rays.
This can be changed by entering the track's ".gp4" file within the ".wad" file.

You can try to see if that is the problem.
Date: November 15, 2022 03:12AM
I tried editing the .gp4 file and putting those values, but it's still the same, and it's also the same on all the tracks... there in the video it shows a little better, it's as if the brightness is suddenly raised to the maximum in some sectors
Video: [imgur.com]
Date: November 15, 2022 09:35AM
Posted by: JCaranti
Foreverk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tried editing the .gp4 file and putting those
> values, but it's still the same, and it's also the
> same on all the tracks... there in the video it
> shows a little better, it's as if the brightness
> is suddenly raised to the maximum in some sectors
> Video: [imgur.com]

If its all the tracks then it cant be the tracks, because all tracks cant have the same issue.
So for me it has to do with the mod or the f1graphics.cfg.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: November 15, 2022 10:45AM
Posted by: fongu
I believe the issue stems from something you've chosen in the CSM configurables in the mod which is overriding the f1graphics.cfg, which is why deleting it makes no difference.

My guess it is that it relates to pre-light track, but it could be fogging or advance car shader. Set all these to on, and see which may be causing this issue.

Date: November 15, 2022 10:28PM
@fongu you´re right, pre-light track was disabled, I enabled it in the CSM menu and now the tracks are ok, thank you very much to all for the help (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy