2008 Add-on pack by SkaningeN (With 2 big suprises!!!) *Released*

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Addons for 2008 season by SkaningeN
---------------------------------------------
Link at the bottom of this huge post, but please read first! There is 1.25GB worth of content in this package when it's unpacked.
Right, first off, the credit should first go to the fantastic people who created these files from scratch.
I may have put some effort in to add/change/modify stuff but that would not have been possible without the original releases.
Big thank you for your contributions to the game! If you want to use these in mods etc. proper credit is needed, original authors
in particular.

A full 2008 season? Maybe.
Remember, not all off the stuff is accurate down to the smallest detail. I've changed what I felt was enough or what I could
see. If there are mistakes, then you're just picky ;) This pack contains everything released in the previous pack but with
some new additions and fixes. Those are marked as "Extra edition" or "fixed" in the list below.
Remember, if you don't like it, don't use it!!!
----------------------------------------------
This package also contain some never seen material!!!!

Force India Season Package by RacerVieh, Fongu and Raulongo. All shapes and liverys from 2008 season, previous release only contained Silverstone version.
Finished by Fongu and me. For more information, read the changelog.

Williams FW30 Season package by Mitsuro Sano, Paolo Capriosa and Fongu. Converted in collaboration with FsOne 08 but never released, all shapes and liverys from 2008 season.
Finished by Fongu and me. For more information, read the changelog.

Big thank you to Fongu for providing new files and helping me getting everything working properly. Legend!
Big thank you to Quickslick for testing these to packages and help with some logos for the Force India! Legend!
Big thank you to Öggo for being the one that finally removed the horns from the BMW by FSONE & RSCT, I have waited a long time for that one! Legend!
NOTE: If shape and textures are in the same folder, use them together or you risk having minor bugs.
If one version of the same car does not have all textures or shapes, use the one's missing from the previous version.

BMW Sauber F1.08 by FSONE & RSCT
Öggo removed the horns on the nosecone so I have been able to make Montreal, Spa and Monza versions
NOTE: I've borrowed the rear wings from Mitsuro Sano and Paolo's F1.07 to get more trackspecific shapes. Adds one extra .tex file for all versions were rearwings have been changed
*Extra addition: Barcelona February Testing livery
*Extra addition: Melbourne-Barcelona version (original release)
*Extra addition: Sepang version
*Extra addition: Sakhir-Istanbul version
*Extra addition: Monaco-Magny-Cours-Silverstone version, added wheelcovers for front tyres borrowed from FSONE BMW F1.09, and added rear wing pillars borrowed from Midland M16 by Erik van Leeuwen
*Extra addition: Montreal version, removed the horns on the nosecone, added wheelcovers from FSONE BMW F1.09, rear wing pillars borrowed from Midland M16 by Erik van Leeuwen
*Extra addition: Hockenheim-Valencia-Fuji version, wheelcovers and rear wing from before and added bigger winglets in front of the cockpit, borrowed from an MMG release
*Extra addition: Hungaroring version, added wheelcovers, winglets and rear wing pilars
*Extra addition: Spa version, removed the horns on the nosecone, medium drag rear wing, wheelcovers and winglets
*Extra addition: Monza version, removed the horns on the nosecone, low drag rear wing, wheelcovers, rear wing pilars and winglets
*Extra addition: Singapore version, wheelcovers, winglets and rear wing pilars
*Extra addition: Shanghai version, wheelcovers, winglets, rear wing and some black carbon on the rear wing for Kubicas car
*Extra addition: Interlagos version, wheelcovers, winglets, rear wing with carbon

Ferrari F2008 by Craigo & Gezere
This package was already done when Öggo released the massive and fantastic F2008 package from NA-Öggo-Rodrigo007, so it's still included in the chance
that somebody prefers this version of that car. Melbourne to Istanbul is original, not changed by me.
*Extra addition: Monaco version, Fixed the Etihad Airways logo on the bardgeboard from red background to a logo with black background
*Extra addition: Montreal version, removed wheelcovers from front suspension and added medium drag rear wing. Added rear wing pillars borrowed from Midland M16 by Erik van Leeuwen
*Extra addition: Magny-Cours version, with chimney nosecone and non-alcohol livery
*Extra addition: Silverstone-Hockenheim version
*Extra addition: Hungaroring-Valencia-Fuji version, very small adjustment to the sharkfins and the version now has the correct livery
*Extra addition: Spa medium drag rear wing version
*Extra addition: Monza low drag rear wing shape
*Extra addition: Singapore version, sharkfin and removing wheelcovers on Kimi's car since he decided not to use them at this race
*Extra addition: Shanghai version, only Massa ran with the sharkfin
*Extra addition: Interlagos version

Force India JVM01 by RacerVieh, Fongu, Raulongo & SkaningeN
Never released full season package. Fongu gave me all the shapes of the 2008 season, and with Fongu creating some missing winglets
and fixing some bugs and mapping, these shapes are ready to be released. I've "created" all liverys seen during the season and I've fixed some stuff on certain shapes.
*Extra addition: Melbourne-Sepang versions
*Extra addition: Sakhir-Barcelona-Istanbul versions
*Extra addition: Monaco version (Fisichella 200th GP)
*Extra addition: Montreal version
*Extra addition: Magny-Cours version
*Extra addition: Silverstone version
*Extra addition: Hockenheim version
*Extra addition: Hungaroring version
*Extra addition: Valencia version
*Extra addition: Spa version
*Extra addition: Monza version
*Extra addition: Singapore version
*Extra addition: Fuji version
*Extra addition: Shanghai-Interlagos version

Honda RA108 by Fongu & Raulongo

*Extra addition/fix: Hockenheim onwards, added a 4th texture file that was "clean" for winglets and sharkfin

Red Bull RB4 by Fongu & Raulongo

*Extra addition/fix: Fixed an all white alpha layer for Hockenheim version

Renault R28 by Craig & Kizz

*Extra addition: Season package, all shapes for the 2008 season (not made by me)
*Extra addition: Early season livery for the non-sharkfin versions (Melbourne-Sepang and Sakhir) since the textures did not fit properly on that shape
*Extra addition/fix: Valencia shape is now stand-alone version, since they ran without wheelcovers this race so they are now removed

Super Aguri SA08 by Fongu & Raulongo

*Extra addition: Melbourne-Sepang livery, added a missing logo on the rear wing endplate
*Extra addition: Sakhir livery, removed several logos from the livery
*Extra addition: Barcelona livery now has the car numbers on the rear wing endplates. Adds two extra .tex files
*Extra addition: Monza low drag rear wing shape, rear wing pillars borrowed from Midland M16 by Erik van Leeuwen

Toro Rosso STR3 by Fongu & Gezere

*Extra addition/fix: Removed front wheelcovers for Monaco shape
*Extra addition/fix: Removed front wheelcovers for Montreal shape

Toyota TF108 by Fongu & Raulongo

*Extra addition/fix: Revised livery for Monaco shape, so the textures now fit with the Monaco rear wing
*Extra addition/fix: Silverstone version, both cars had different rear wing setups. This have now been fixed along with a texture fix so it fits properly
*Extra addition/fix: Hungaroring version, both cars now have the correct rear wing, also fixed the texture to fit with the new wings
*Extra addition/fix: Singapore version, both cars now have the correct rear wings, also fixed the texture to fit with the new wings. Also added wings infront
of the cockpit that were missing from Glock's car.
*Extra addition/fix: Fuji version now has the correct livery, added missing Panasonic logos infront of the sidepods/cockpit

Williams FW30 by Mitsuro Sano, Paolo Capriosa, Fongu and SkaningeN

Never released full season package, given to me by Fongu which contained several shapes. I have added high res textures, used from the other Williams version in
this package since both have their origins in FSONE 08. This car was not finished so me and Fongu had to fix and add several things to this package. Includes shapes and liverys for all races.
*Extra addition: Melbourne version
*Extra addition: Sepang version
*Extra addition: Sakhir version
*Extra addition: Barcelona version
*Extra addition: Istanbul version
*Extra addition: Monaco version
*Extra addition: Montreal version
*Extra addition: Magny-Cours-Hockenheim version
*Extra addition: Silverstone version
*Extra addition: Hungaroring version
*Extra addition: Valencia version
*Extra addition: Spa version
*Extra addition: Monza version (2 liverys, one for qualifying and one for the race celebrating Williams 500th GP)
*Extra addition: Singapore version
*Extra addition: Fuji-Shanghai version
*Extra addition: Interlagos version

Helmets

*Extra addtion: Force India Sakhir helmets (removed Philoderm logo from visor)
Missing helmet: Vettel Singapore helmet

*Extra addition: Fongu have remaped some of the current helmetshapes to match Daimon's fantastic 2008 helmetset. It's also included in this pack,
along with Daimon's full 2008 set, in case somebody is missing it.

LINK: [www.mediafire.com]

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2022 04:02PM by SkaaningeN.
Firstly, wow, what a complete pack! Well done and congratulations on this release (B)
2008 saw some of the best GP4 original content available. For years there was a lot of unfinished business on 2008 on my part, and so I'm glad you have brought it all together and worked so diligently to get it all released.
On my part, I'm glad to have contributed in a small way towards this mega work.

What a update!

Thank you SkaaningeN to share with us and thank you all guys that made super cars for that season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Nice work SkanningeN (Y)
So much content released for 2008, not only this great package. Plenty of material make your own mod.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
SkaaningeN Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This package also contain some never seen
> material!!!!

WOW. Thanks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Thank you very much!
Freaking fantasticly beautiful. Merci infiniment !
I knew this day would come, Eric ... you always give me so much extra work to do ... ;)
I'm joking, obviously! It seems to me that you have done a tremendous job, thank you very much! (Y)
However, I don't think I will make more updates of my mod, Eric. I already like it so much as it is!
But why don't you really follow Jorge's advice and make your own 2008 mod? You could put all of the material you made into it!
So we would have three different 2008 mods: yours, mine and JayJay's! I would be nothing but happy! :-)
And I tell you more, if you need a base, for structure mod and whatnot, you can safely use my mod!
And if you need further assistance, I am always available here!

However, with this I absolutely do not want to put pressure on you, you decide if and when you want to do it!
Gorgeous!! Thanks mate!

Samuele
32BOBO32
Stunning and such hard and complete work, thanks for your efforts and for sharing with us!
MSchumi24 Wrote:
> However, I don't think I will make more updates of
> my mod, Eric. I already like it so much as it is!
> But why don't you really follow Jorge's advice and
> make your own 2008 mod? You could put all of the
> material you made into it!
> So we would have three different 2008 mods: yours,
> mine and JayJay's! I would be nothing but happy!
> :-)
> And I tell you more, if you need a base, for
> structure mod and whatnot, you can safely use my
> mod!
> And if you need further assistance, I am always
> available here!
>
> However, with this I absolutely do not want to put
> pressure on you, you decide if and when you want
> to do it!

That's a shame of course, but I understand that it will take alot of effort on your part.

As I don't use CSM, and never really has, I am not really interested in creating a mod to be honest. It has caused me alot of issues with the game
and I have had to resinstall the game several times due to CSM. Maybe because I used CSM wrong, but still.

To be honest, I have never really intended for this stuff to be used in mods at first as the quality in my mind is not up to par with what the pro's around here
deliver to us. Except for the Williams and Force India in this package which thanks to Fongu is great. I know there are people around here that can put these files in the mods themselfs if they really want to.
Always nice that it is considered for official mods, but my main target was to get as many trackspecific cars and helmet for my own season simulations, and share that stuff because there is no reason to keep it to myself only.
We want this community to keep going, and this is also a way for me to say thank you for all these files and years this game and community has given me.

As I've already started with 2003 add-on pack, and also have the 2002 Jaguar and Sauber from F1C to finish, I don't want to put any other time I have on a CSM mod, a mod that will definitly not be better than yours.
So it's fine if you don't want to update your mod brother, these files can stay stand-alone. No problem at all :)
SkaaningeN Scritto:
> That's a shame of course, but I understand that it
> will take alot of effort on your part.
>
> As I don't use CSM, and never really has, I am not
> really interested in creating a mod to be honest.
> It has caused me alot of issues with the game
> and I have had to resinstall the game several
> times due to CSM. Maybe because I used CSM wrong,
> but still.
>
> To be honest, I have never really intended for
> this stuff to be used in mods at first as the
> quality in my mind is not up to par with what the
> pro's around here
> deliver to us. Except for the Williams and Force
> India in this package which thanks to Fongu is
> great. I know there are people around here that
> can put these files in the mods themselfs if they
> really want to.
> Always nice that it is considered for official
> mods, but my main target was to get as many
> trackspecific cars and helmet for my own season
> simulations, and share that stuff because there is
> no reason to keep it to myself only.
> We want this community to keep going, and this is
> also a way for me to say thank you for all these
> files and years this game and community has given
> me.
>
> As I've already started with 2003 add-on pack, and
> also have the 2002 Jaguar and Sauber from F1C to
> finish, I don't want to put any other time I have
> on a CSM mod, a mod that will definitly not be
> better than yours.
> So it's fine if you don't want to update your mod
> brother, these files can stay stand-alone. No
> problem at all :)

No Eric, you are not only at the level of the professionals of this community, you are one of the aforementioned professionals! And that's not a compliment, it's a fact!
The level of your work is as high as that of practically all the guys in the community! I would never be able to get to those levels!
If there is one who just puts the work of others together that is me ... ;)

Regarding the mod, it's not that I don't want to update it, it's more about the philosophy of the mod itself ...
I'll explain: my 2008 Mod is "old style", designed for low / medium-low-end PCs. In fact, all the cars in the mod have lower lods and generally have quite light shapes too.
If I entered your cars which are very detailed and have no lower lods, the mod would require a lot more PC resources and this would change its philosophy ...

So at this point I have decided to make an alternative 2008 Mod with your stuff!
It will be a mod designed to have a full 2008 season for high-end PCs.
I don't do it right away though because I have other priorities but I promise you that I won't make you wait very long!

Anyway now that you said you are doing Jaguar and Sauber 2002 I started counting the minutes ... hot
What a tremendous effort, Eric! Thank you very much for sharing! (B)

MSchumi24 Wrote:
> SkaaningeN Scritto:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's a shame of course, but I understand that
> it
> > will take alot of effort on your part.
> >
> > As I don't use CSM, and never really has, I am
> not
> > really interested in creating a mod to be
> honest.
> > It has caused me alot of issues with the game
> > and I have had to resinstall the game several
> > times due to CSM. Maybe because I used CSM
> wrong,
> > but still.
> >
> > To be honest, I have never really intended for
> > this stuff to be used in mods at first as the
> > quality in my mind is not up to par with what
> the
> > pro's around here
> > deliver to us. Except for the Williams and
> Force
> > India in this package which thanks to Fongu is
> > great. I know there are people around here that
> > can put these files in the mods themselfs if
> they
> > really want to.
> > Always nice that it is considered for official
> > mods, but my main target was to get as many
> > trackspecific cars and helmet for my own season
> > simulations, and share that stuff because there
> is
> > no reason to keep it to myself only.
> > We want this community to keep going, and this
> is
> > also a way for me to say thank you for all
> these
> > files and years this game and community has
> given
> > me.
> >
> > As I've already started with 2003 add-on pack,
> and
> > also have the 2002 Jaguar and Sauber from F1C
> to
> > finish, I don't want to put any other time I
> have
> > on a CSM mod, a mod that will definitly not be
> > better than yours.
> > So it's fine if you don't want to update your
> mod
> > brother, these files can stay stand-alone. No
> > problem at all :)
>
>
> No Eric, you are not only at the level of the
> professionals of this community, you are one of
> the aforementioned professionals! And that's not a
> compliment, it's a fact!
> The level of your work is as high as that of
> practically all the guys in the community! I would
> never be able to get to those levels!
> If there is one who just puts the work of others
> together that is me ... ;)
>
> Regarding the mod, it's not that I don't want to
> update it, it's more about the philosophy of the
> mod itself ...
> I'll explain: my 2008 Mod is "old style", designed
> for low / medium-low-end PCs. In fact, all the
> cars in the mod have lower lods and generally have
> quite light shapes too.
> If I entered your cars which are very detailed and
> have no lower lods, the mod would require a lot
> more PC resources and this would change its
> philosophy ...
>
> So at this point I have decided to make an
> alternative 2008 Mod with your stuff!
> It will be a mod designed to have a full 2008
> season for high-end PCs.
> I don't do it right away though because I have
> other priorities but I promise you that I won't
> make you wait very long!
>
> Anyway now that you said you are doing Jaguar and
> Sauber 2002 I started counting the minutes ...
> hot

That sounds great my friend! Looking forward to it :)

Don't get your hopes up on the 2002 Jaguar and Sauber. They are converted from F1 Challenge a long time ago and the quality of those cars are nowhere near what Soulbringer and Kedy have done.
Im just giving them a little love so we atleast have a Jaguar and Sauber season package at all. More will come in due time :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
SkaaningeN Scritto:
> Don't get your hopes up on the 2002 Jaguar and
> Sauber. They are converted from F1 Challenge a
> long time ago and the quality of those cars are
> nowhere near what Soulbringer and Kedy have done.
> Im just giving them a little love so we atleast
> have a Jaguar and Sauber season package at all.
> More will come in due time :)

Can't wait anyway, Eric! So much by now I know the quality of your work that you yourself underestimate too much ...
And anyway, better than the ones I'm using right now, Sauber C21 by Bojan Tarticchio and Jaguar R3 by Schroeder & Ralph Hummerich (not because they weren't good but because they are 2003 works), I think they will be! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy