'Unpack' a CSM mod to install manually?

Posted by superchargednut 
'Unpack' a CSM mod to install manually?
Date: January 12, 2022 12:43PM
Posted by: superchargednut
Hi all,

I've downloaded the 2001 mod as I wish to update the base game to a remastered version. The files I have are .cuh and .cmu - extensions I'm not familiar with.

The way I recall installing mods in the past was to unpack cars.wad etc. and replace the files. Preferably, I would like to do it this way again.

Am I able to somehow 'unpack' the 2001 mod from its CSM format and retrieve the files from within?

Thank you,

Marc

Re: 'Unpack' a CSM mod to install manually?
Date: January 12, 2022 05:19PM
Posted by: Noog
I could be wrong, but as far as I know there isn't a way to just unpack the cuh/cmu using a 'standard' compression program; you have to let CSM do it.

So what I do is install the mod using CSM and run it once (making sure to disable Auto-Restore), then I copy the whole GP4 folder into a zip, EXCEPT the GPSaves/Carsets folder, which I copy into another zip. The GP4 folder contains the installation options you chose which are now all set up for you to play. The carset is where all the variants can be found (like different cars, helmets etc, should you need them).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy